Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson on Alabama's list?

Started by SONofHAM, January 29, 2009, 08:20:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SONofHAM

Jimmy Dyke's just mentioned Anderson as a possibility to take over at Alabama.  I love Mike as a coach and hope the best for him but I really don't want to have to face him 2-3 times a year!
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

HogK

If anyone likes Mike Anderson, why would they wish the Bama job on him?  Yes, Bama can sometimes get good recruits, but they will always be second-rate to football at that school.  Not to mention, they play in a crappy, half-full arena.  As a basketball program, Bama would not even rank in the top half of the league--and that's pretty bad considering how weak the SEC is as a basketball league. Mike's in a better spot at Missouri, IMO.

ChicoHog

I agree although I think Anderson is still unproven there.  If he does no better than he has done the last couple of years he won't get any offers.  I think he will always be a .500 coach and a NIT team on a yearly basis unless he starts recruiting better. 

donewithdale

Another road disaster by Missouri.  K State 88 - Mizzou 72

DeltaBoy

Mike needs to take care of business at Miszou and not be worring about the BAMA job.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.