Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For maybe the first time ever, I agree with Wally Hall

Started by Corkscrew Johnson, January 27, 2009, 12:00:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hihog

Wally good country folk, jes cursed with shortitis.

Oliver

Quote from: LamarMundane on January 28, 2009, 12:23:58 pm

I blame it on scouting. Teams know how to play Arkansas now, after watching those two games, which got everyone's attention. And I have no doubt there is some discouragement going on now, because we can't do anything about it, seemingly.

So other teams can scout and prepare for us but we can't scout and prepare for other teams?

want2be

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 29, 2009, 01:02:55 pm
So other teams can scout and prepare for us but we can't scout and prepare for other teams?

We scout them and try to prepare...........but...........you know the rest........I am beginning to wander if our lack of talent prevents a quality practice that can simulate game time match ups.

Oliver

Quote from: want2be on January 29, 2009, 01:08:21 pm

We scout them and try to prepare...........but...........you know the rest........I am beginning to wander if our lack of talent prevents a quality practice that can simulate game time match ups.

Some subscribe to the "None of our starters would start on any other SEC team" theory and others subscribe to "This team has the talent to beat the likes of Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss. St, etc. but Pelphrey doesn't have control over this team" theory.

Either way the burdon falls on Pelphrey either from poor recruiting or bad coaching.  I honestly don't know what the deal is.  I do think these players are talented enough to beat bottom feeding SEC teams.  Beating OU and Texas in the same week is not a fluke or coincidence.  At the same time I don't think Pelphrey is a absolutely terrible coach.  It's concerning either way because Pelphrey's recruiting class next year is far from impressive and our current players don't seem to be improving with every game.

want2be

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 29, 2009, 01:17:04 pm
Pelphrey's recruiting class next year is far from impressive and our current players don't seem to be improving with every game.

This is my biggest concern............just the opposite of what we are seeing on the football staff.........great recruiting and player development........If Petrino is getting it done, I think we should expect the same for bball.

Oliver

Quote from: want2be on January 29, 2009, 01:27:12 pm

This is my biggest concern............just the opposite of what we are seeing on the football staff.........great recruiting and player development........If Petrino is getting it done, I think we should expect the same for bball.

And that's just it.  I'm okay with losses but I want to see improvement as the year goes on.  I would have rather lost to OU and Texas and then got better as the year went on in SEC play than to win 2 big non-conference games only to regress as conference season went on. 

daprospecta

daprospecta

At one point i was an athlete here(football) so I honestly don't know much about college basketball even though ive been playing and watching all my life albeit it's been short(23 yrs) what i do know is a program doesn't take a coach 3 yrs to develop a team 2 maybe but three is a bit long especially since he inherited a team that wasn't too bad too begin with.......Pel had a good recruiting year ppl and to say he needs 2 more yrs is absurb....I am supporting him fully but i will not and i repeat will not wait three years for results