Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

worst "locker room" chemistry ever

Started by mathhog, January 24, 2009, 08:39:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coondog Hog

Pel maybe more worried about paychecks than prescident. 

If you let Fortson, Washington, or Welsh go this year you win no more games.  JBU is hoping Clarke can suit up for them next season, until his defense picks up and he can create his own shot he will be a liability in the SEC
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

PigSnort

I have been a  huge Welsh critic all year (and still am) but in the game Sat., R. Clarke shot an airball 3.  Coming back down the court, Welsh made a point to come over to him and pat him on the rear and encourage him.

However, I agree with what a bunch of you have said.  Our offense too many times consists of Welsh or Fortson going one on one and the other four players standing there.  Just pitiful to watch.  To me, that is a coaching problem.

Mr Burns

2nd half Saturday, Welsh inbounding under the basket. To his right Rotnei is wide open for one of the few times in the game, I mean really open. Fortson is to Welsh's left all the way out, and is waving to throw the ball to Clarke. You know if Fortson is saying throw it to Clarke, Rotnei is wide open, because Fortson hasn't exactly gone out of his way to find him open on the wing after a slash to the basket. Instead Welsh inbounds to Fortson even though he's double teamed and pretty much triple teamed by the time the ball gets there. It's a tough pass, Fortson saved it from being a turnover. I've seen stuff like that several times this year, and others have mentioned it to, Welsh will not pass to Clarke, but this was the most blatant. Clarke doesn't get wide open very often, partly due to his lack of speed, partly because he's known as a shooter so he's always going to draw defense. One time when he is open over and over is when he's on the opposite side of the floor as the ball. A good skip pass and he could get a shot, but Welsh will never do it.

Welsh does play hard at times but it's more than offset by playing out of control, especially on offense. I was actually going "Nooooo" when he took that first 3, even more so when he made it, cuz I knew then it was on.

If Welsh or anyone else did have it out with a coach i'd be all for him being suspended for a few games. I'm with others, i'd rather start 5 walk ons that will do what the coach says and play hard than a bunch of semi-talented clowns that think their poo don't stink. Maybe Pel has been thinking ok we lost 2 SEC games, we really need this win at Florida to get our season back on track, so i'll play these guys. Ok we lost 3 we MUST win this game at home to have any NCAA chance so i'll put up with this bs. Hopefully now he'll say, we're 0-4, we're not going to the NCAA this year, screw these primadonnas i'm cracking some heads.

cardinalhawg

Quote from: donewithdale on January 25, 2009, 10:55:37 pm
Well just watched from the 1st tv timeout to halftime.  So it must have been before the 1st tv timeout as I didn't get that 1st 4 minutes DVR'ed.  After that, I saw Welsh extend himself for numerous errant passes mostly from Fortson and ended up flat on his back while trying to give help defense in the post.  Didn't see any more of a lack effort from him as anyone else. 

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how getting rid of him will solve the problems.  Is it going to make our other guards taller or quicker or Sanchez more athletic or help Henry's knee or make Andre Clark a contributor?

The team might play better or it might play worse without Welsh, but losing Welsh does not mean that we have no chance of winning games.  When you lose a player, it is up to other players to step up.  Sometimes other players can just get into the flow of the game better, without certain players on the court.  Some of you may have experienced this when you played ball, especially if there was a ball hog on the team, that made it hard to get into an offensive rhythm. 

In baseball, the Seattle Mariners starting having some better seasons, once Griffey Jr. and A-Rod were no longer with them.  We could look at how well Michael Washington is playing this year and say that if he was this good last year, that last year could have been special.  However, Washington may never have responded as well, playing limited minutes or playing as a backup.

If Welsh wasn't on the floor, perhaps Clarke would step up, or Henry, if he is healthy.

Depth will be problems for the season, and perhaps the team would do worse without Welsh, or perhaps they would stay the same or be better.

If a player is causing problems worthy of suspension or being kicked off the team, then I hope Pel responds accordingly and doesn't worry about the win/loss record.  If the problems are being blown out of proportion, then hopefully what Pel is doing works out the best. 

As far as Welsh, I am not going to question his hustle or desire to win, because I believe that it is there.  That play in the first half being mentioned was strange looking, but I am not going to read anything into it other than it just was strange looking.  What concerns me about Welsh is what I see as selfish play and what others mention on here regarding his attitude. 

Waldron_Hog

Fatmanhog

to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

stronguard

This thread has been enlightening to say the least. 

I've praised some of the players that have been targeted as problems, and I think they deserved the praise they were given.  But I will watch the next few games with a much more critical eye regarding the attitude of individual players.

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

danielpark05

Quote from: Hawgon on January 24, 2009, 09:17:58 pm
Yeah, but that guy is best buds with Fortson and has gotten into his head as well.  I'm convinced Fortson thinks he is one and done and he is just trying to showcase his "mad skills" so he can get into the League.
the man needs to improve his game if he wants to be one and done first he needs to learn how to put some arch on the ball second he needs to learn how to hit a 3 third he needs to learn how to hit a free throw and 4th he needs to slow the game down sometimes instead of trying to be super man and fly down the court going 100mph and turn the ball over