Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In one week

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 10, 2017, 04:31:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

The new staff has landed more recruits from Texas than the previous staff did over the last year. WPS!

ChicoHog

That doesn't mean they are better players.  time will tell. 

ricepig

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 10, 2017, 04:31:56 pm
The new staff has landed more recruits from Texas than the previous staff did over the last year. WPS!

The previous staff had 3 commits when they were fired, how many does the current staff have?

JONAS

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 10, 2017, 07:08:55 pm

It doesn't, but let's hope so.

Peter Porker

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 10, 2017, 04:31:56 pm

99% of all women find me handsome.

It's fun making stuff up.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

rljjr

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 10, 2017, 07:31:52 pm
99% of all women find me handsome.

It's fun making stuff up.

Wow, that makes two of us. Who knew?

I sincerely hope the staff has made contact with Hanspard and Gooden. Love the offensive players, and i trust the coaches, but for whatever reason I feel antsy about the other side of the ball. Meh, maybe we already have great coaches over there and we just don't know.

Snout team

I am hopeful that "the best dc in college football" is going to bring a former recruit or two with him too.  May be the reason Hanspard is hanging on the edge
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

greenie

Does anyone know if CCM talked to any defensive recruits yet?  The new DC can't get here fast enough.

ManBeast

Quote from: greenie on December 10, 2017, 08:50:52 pm
Does anyone know if CCM talked to any defensive recruits yet?  The new DC can't get here fast enough.

He's visited Billy Ferrell out of Fordyce. Ferrell is a 6'3" 330 DT.

He's talking to Bishop in Ashdown. Bishop is committed to Miss State currently.

CCM isn't going to neglect the defense.

greenie

Quote from: ManBeast on December 10, 2017, 08:58:40 pm
He's visited Billy Ferrell out of Fordyce. Ferrell is a 6'3" 330 DT.

He's talking to Bishop in Ashdown. Bishop is committed to Miss State currently.

CCM isn't going to neglect the defense.

Thanks.  I wasn't intimating that he will neglect defense.

I hope he's successful with Bishop.  Doesn't he have a girlfriend attending MSU?  Thought I read that somewhere.
Edit: looks like we just landed Bishop!

Don't know much about Ferrell, except that he seems to be getting some recent attention (Bama offer?)

jackflash

if he gets Hanspard and Mccalister to recommit I could see at least 7 or 8  from Texas this year.

Oklahawg

Quote from: jackflash on December 11, 2017, 09:09:25 am
if he gets Hanspard and Mccalister to recommit I could see at least 7 or 8  from Texas this year.

When you don't reach out to recruits they won't commit. He is going to work his existing connections hard vs trying to stay hooked up with existing TX recruits, it seems.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Atlhogfan1

Shhhhh
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawgdavis

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 11, 2017, 10:24:04 am
This is fun ain't it.

Raiding SMU's recruiting class to fill out ours?  He gets a pass because of the short time frame.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawgdavis

There is truly not that much difference in a highly rated 3 star guy from a 5 star guy ( I know some of you just blew your lid) but it's true. Many cases it comes down to a maturity level and the 3 star guy is just a little slower developing.

I know there's exceptions like truly gifted athletes that have unmatched physical skills.

Give me a roster full of high 3 star and 4 star guys with a couple of 5s from time to time that really want to be here that will do whatever it takes to make the program and themselves successful and I will take that every year.

Red Porkhustle2

Hanspard and Arkansas have mutually gone in different directions.

AirWarren

Regardless. It's been the most fun in 5 years in regards to recruiting.

AirWarren

Quote from: Red Porkhustle2 on December 11, 2017, 10:49:57 am

Oh well. See ya.

Best of luck.

BigSexyHog

Disappointing, but guess both sides have their reasons.  Best of luck to him. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

East TN HAWG

This was a quality kid, and is definitely a loss. 

ricepig

Quote from: BigSexyHog on December 11, 2017, 11:11:35 am
Disappointing, but guess both sides have their reasons.  Best of luck to him. 

SMU didn't offer Hanspard and he decommitted, so there doesn't appear to be the interest. I haven't heard anything on MacCallister, I'd say we've both moved on. I believe Jeremy Gibson has re-opened up his recruiting as we haven't made contact there, either.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 11, 2017, 10:24:04 am
This is fun ain't it.

What's fun is discussing recruiting players out of Texas instead of discussing why we are NOT hearing about recruiting out of Texas.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChicoHog

What's fun is being in on and getting some players offered by A&M, Bama, LSU, Auburn, UF, UGA,etc.,  Beating our competition! 

Richard Davenport

Arkansas has never had a HC with the Texas ties like Chad Morris. Not even close. He should do very well there.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 11, 2017, 12:43:43 pm
Arkansas has never had a HC with the Texas ties like Chad Morris. Not even close. He should do very well there.

I agree RD. There's no reason we shouldn't have more TX kids on our roster
Let's call those hogs!!!!

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 11, 2017, 12:24:13 pm
What's fun is discussing recruiting players out of Texas instead of discussing why we are NOT hearing about recruiting out of Texas.

So, this is what happens when a HC doesn't jokingly mock the style of play that 90 percent of the state runs. Interesting. 
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bkjbearcat on December 11, 2017, 12:55:01 pm
So, this is what happens when a HC doesn't jokingly mock the style of play that 90 percent of the state runs. Interesting. 

That certainly didn't help down there for Bret!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bjeffersonhog

Hearing the in home with GB went extremely well tonight

Cardinal Browne

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 11, 2017, 06:16:29 pm

That is very good news!

JONAS

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 11, 2017, 06:16:29 pm

Awesome!

Pig in the Pokey

but they are tho
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

SPAL

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 11, 2017, 12:27:51 pm
What's fun is being in on and getting some players offered by A&M, Bama, LSU, Auburn, UF, UGA,etc.,  Beating our competition! 

And you expect that to happen two weeks into the job? Good for you.

hawgdavis

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 11, 2017, 10:29:16 am
Raiding SMU's recruiting class to fill out ours?  He gets a pass because of the short time frame.

No Im just talking in general it's fun to actually be able to talk recruiting and football and it be in a somewhat positive way. Don't read too much into it. Just seems fun again