Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jet

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on June 05, 2009, 09:05:24 pm
Chief, I like you and your a darn fine poster.  With that said, I hope ya'lls meltdown continues tomorrow and we skull frick ya'll.  Regardless of the outcome of the series, I'm hoping you stick around and contribute to the board.  Your good peeps.
+1 for a good laugh
"I got that wood! And that's how you pronounce it! It's not Ar-Kan, it's ARKANSAS baby!" - Darren McFadden

razorbackfan86

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

snoblind

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 08:52:35 pm
I'm not sure.  Being a former pitcher myself, the mentality is to want the ball in that type of situation, but in reality going on that short of rest, the stuff just isn't as sharp.  And for a pitcher that relies heavily on getting his off-speed stuff over for strikes and keeping the ball down in the zone, I don't think it would be a very good idea for Gilmartin to go more than an inning or two in relief if necessary.  I don't know though, the way our relievers looked today I'd probably be more confident w/ Gilmartin and one day's rest.

I sure you've read the scouting reports on us.  It's the offspeed stuff that killed us this year.  Glad y'all don't have a Charlie Boyce.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: snoblind on June 05, 2009, 09:31:52 pm
I sure you've read the scouting reports on us.  It's the offspeed stuff that killed us this year.  Glad y'all don't have a Charlie Boyce.

You know, our pitching has been a pretty pleasant surprise this year.  We found out tonight why it was projected as a weak point going into the season.  Except Gilmartin - I thought he was pretty gutsy getting out of a few jams with little to no damage.  Our pen let us down tonight.

snoblind

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 09:38:54 pm
You know, our pitching has been a pretty pleasant surprise this year.  We found out tonight why it was projected as a weak point going into the season.  Except Gilmartin - I thought he was pretty gutsy getting out of a few jams with little to no damage.  Our pen let us down tonight.

well, I'm as about as far from being a bb expert as you will see on this board.  But, IMHO, you saw the gems of our bullpen tonight.  The middle reliever to get to the closer has been one of our weaknesses the past couple of yrears.

RazorWire™

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 09:20:00 pm
Yep, at UCA.  Until I blew out my shoulder.

I threw out my shoulder throwing tantrums in Pre-school ...

LBRHAWG

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 09:11:09 pm
Don't worry, I can take the losses and admit defeat without whining and making excuses.  As an FSU fan, I'm pretty well accustomed to postseason letdowns.  And I'll hang around.  If you guys beat us tomorrow or Sunday, I'll be pulling for the Hogs in Omaha.

I continue to have great respect for FSU fans, and you are a good example of that Chief O.  Meeting and talking with good fans like you is one of the things I love about college sports. 

Thanks for being a classy poster! 

WOO PIG!!!!

GO HOGS!

kitshicker

Quote from: LBRHAWG on June 05, 2009, 10:10:05 pm
I continue to have great respect for FSU fans, and you are a good example of that Chief O.  Meeting and talking with good fans like you is one of the things I love about college sports. 

Thanks for being a classy poster! 

WOO PIG!!!!

Classy of FSU fans to cheer when Eibner made the catch. Sooner fans could learn alot from them, and from Chief.

RazorWire™

Quote from: kitshicker on June 05, 2009, 10:27:31 pm
Classy of FSU fans to cheer when Eibner made the catch. Sooner fans could learn alot from them, and from Chief.

Actually Sooner fans did very well cheering for Smyly in his one hitter and gave him a standing O.

kitshicker

Quote from: RazorWire™ on June 05, 2009, 10:38:31 pm
Actually Sooner fans did very well cheering for Smyly in his one hitter and gave him a standing O.
Really? I heard quite the opposite. On the radio, you could hear some booing mixed in with the cheers. Maybe it was just the microphone picking up the few jerks that are a part of all fan bases.

That's good to hear though. That's always been a big part of baseball to me. Opposing fans giving props to great outings and plays.

RazorWire™

Quote from: kitshicker on June 05, 2009, 10:51:32 pm
Really? I heard quite the opposite. On the radio, you could hear some booing mixed in with the cheers. Maybe it was just the microphone picking up the few jerks that are a part of all fan bases.

That's good to hear though. That's always been a big part of baseball to me. Opposing fans giving props to great outings and plays.

If I remember correctly one of the last batters was nicknamed Boo. Much like our own Tony Bua or Boo williams ...

But they weren't very tolerant when we attempted for the cycle in the same game. that may be chalked up to game knowledge

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: kitshicker on June 05, 2009, 10:51:32 pm

I was there.  The few fans that were left did stand and applaud Smyly when he was removed from the game.

A lot of the booing you heard toward the end of the game had to do with the play at third that involved the scuffle with Wilkins.  Also, as another poster mentioned, they have a player nicknamed Boo and they do the BOOOOOOOOOOOO when he comes up to bat.

Hogbody

We should start a game thread like this when football season comes.

kitshicker

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes me feel a little better about our neighbors to the west. I still don't like them, but at least they ain't Texas.  :)

RazorWire™

Quote from: kitshicker on June 05, 2009, 11:09:51 pm
Thanks for clearing that up. Makes me feel a little better about our neighbors to the west. I still don't like them, but at least they ain't Texas.  :)

We beat them in everything we played them in this year. Even so , all you'll here them say is " Oh yeah , play us in Foosball ". It's coming my Conestoga jockeying friends. It's coming.

snout

Regarding the ESPN announcers, the annoying thing for me was they acted like we have never played a team as good as FSU.  Wonder if they took the time to study our #1 SOS? 

hawgrunner

hawgrunner

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/colleges/article1007844.ece
Florida State (45-17) must win two straight in the best-of-three series to make the College World Series for a second straight year.

Not this year!  ;)

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 09:11:09 pm
Don't worry, I can take the losses and admit defeat without whining and making excuses.  As an FSU fan, I'm pretty well accustomed to postseason letdowns.  And I'll hang around.  If you guys beat us tomorrow or Sunday, I'll be pulling for the Hogs in Omaha.

Refreshing to converse with a fellow opponent fan and keep it civil and on point. Kudo's to you sir. You are welcome here anytime, win or lose.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Ray Piggers

Eibner's good to go, right? I assume he's fine, since they never really mentioned it.

Let's hope we have the GOOD Brett Eibner tomorrow.

wps!
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

UltimateHog

I heard we are going to probably start Smyly and Forrest outta the pen tomorrow?

Since it's not an Elim game and we will still have a great shot, and the fear of Eibners shoulder being sore or tight tomorrow after the crash.

Any truth to this?
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Ray Piggers

Well lets hope Smyly continues to roll. If that's indeed the case tomorrow.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

chiefsfan

By the way Arkansas won the pre series coinflip and would be the home team for game 3 Sunday should it be played
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

olivebranchhog

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
just thought I would get that out since Hawgndodge had to deal with me all day lol

I appreciate the updates...I will definately be here for tomorrows game though...no more kids to coach this weekend.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

whatsshakinbacon

keep it clean guys - karma is good in here right now.  PBP resumes at 11.

rzrbackrob

Quote from: RazorWire™ on June 05, 2009, 11:20:35 pm
We beat them in everything we played them in this year. Even so , all you'll here them say is " Oh yeah , play us in Foosball ". It's coming my Conestoga jockeying friends. It's coming.

After their a**  whipping by an SEC team last year, they should not want any part of the Hogs now that they have grown some teeth this year.

The SOS took it's toll on the Hogs baseball team at the end of the regular season, but playing the toughest schedule in the country in the #1 conference in the land is paying off now.
Good is the enemy of great

RazorWire™

Quote from: Hawg2011 on June 06, 2009, 01:19:10 am
Jeesus, you need to take a chill pill. Razorwire wasn't saying anything bad, he was just having some fun too.

What did I miss ? We get a serious OU fan stop by ?

razorbackfan86

June 06, 2009, 08:10:18 am #4231 Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:15:28 am by razorbackfan86
Good morning to everyone

It's currently 10 after 8 CST Just under 3 hours til the 1st pitch of game 2..

FSU is going to go with another freshman lefty today, while ARK will counter with Brett Eibner.. Should be fun.. GO HOGS!!

From Twitter...

Today's starters - FSU: Freshman lefty Brian Busch (6-2, 4.04), ARK: Sophomore righty Brett Eibner (5-4, 4.25).

http://twitter.com/arkrazorbacks?SPSID=30667&SPID=2415&DB_OEM_ID=6100

rzrbackrob

Looks like all the rain is south and moving away from Tallahassee.
Good is the enemy of great

razorbackfan86

Quote from: rzrbackrob on June 06, 2009, 08:16:22 am
Looks like all the rain is south and moving away from Tallahassee.

Great news.. This one might actually be played through

RazorWire™

razorbackfan86

I think Arkansas has the advantage today.. Not only because of the win yesterday/last night, but because FSU is starting a freshman on the bump today.. Yeah he's been solid this year, but this is no regular season game.. Your team is 2 wins away from going to THE College World Series.. It's up to YOU to keep the dream alive.. IF you do your job, your team still has a CHANCE.. If you don't, the season is OVER.. Just last year he was in HS, now it's win or go home. No pressure right?

With that said, this is no gimme for Arkansas, we can't just expect to show up and be handed our tickets to Omaha.. It's going to be a tough game.. Eibner is going to be the X-Factor today.. He throws a good game like he's capable of doing, we win.. Should be a fun couple of hours (if it doesn't rain) Anyways hope to be drinking a Kobeer with all my Hogville friends after the game celebrating our HOGS going "Back Home to Omaha"

razorbackfan86

RazorWire™

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 06, 2009, 08:28:01 am
I think that means 5 wins 4 losses, not 5 feet 4 inches

Just seeing if people are awake. Trying to get cussed out for my sense of humour ...

razorbackfan86

Quote from: RazorWire™ on June 06, 2009, 08:29:03 am
Just seeing if people are awake. Trying to get cussed out for my sense of humour ...

Haha.. What happened last night?

RazorWire™

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 06, 2009, 08:32:34 am
Haha.. What happened last night?

IDK I see a post that has been quoted up there that seems kinda serious. The original post got deleted.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: RazorWire™ on June 06, 2009, 08:34:00 am
IDK I see a post that has been quoted up there that seems kinda serious. The original post got deleted.

Yeah I saw the same.. Sounds like someone needs to lay off the bottle

RazorWire™

June 06, 2009, 08:36:59 am #4241 Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:42:39 am by RazorWire™
Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 06, 2009, 08:35:47 am
Yeah I saw the same.. Sounds like someone needs to lay off the bottle

Something ... Maybe he's a disgruntled KJjr customer  :P

HoopS

whatsshakinbacon

A FSU pitcher with a 4.04 era is nothing to sneeze at.  We need to get to 'em early and get in their pen.  If we do that it could be a great day.

Bacon out...

RazorWire™

HoopS

RazorWire™

Quote from: HoopS on June 06, 2009, 08:52:28 am
Good bro.   And you?

Everything is all good in RW world. Really enjoying our extended season. Baseball is such a pure game. Looking forward to attending some FB practices. Tailgating this year without a beer in my hand. I think me and the MRS going to drive up to Foghorns to watch the game today. Have some wangs

welchog

I just hope DVH played the boys some audio of last nights game.  If that doesn't get you fighting mad, nothing will.  Those hacks made it sound like we were a little league team not worthy of even being there.

weresoclose

Question for anyone with FSU knowledge: 

Is today's FSU freshman leftie a soft throwing one?

RazorWire™

June 06, 2009, 08:59:26 am #4249 Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:01:30 am by RazorWire™
Quote from: weresoclose on June 06, 2009, 08:58:03 am
Question for anyone with FSU knowledge: 

Is today's FSU freshman leftie a soft throwing one?

I'd PM Chief Osceola. He's been very informative and a great poster I hope sticks around.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=296519.0