Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cannon Chadwick: Signed with the New York Mets

Started by SPAL, June 13, 2017, 05:37:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

June 13, 2017, 05:37:11 pm Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:02:27 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot

June 13th:
Cannon Chadwick, a senior RHP from the University of Arkansas, was selected by the New York Mets with pick 277 in the 9th round.

June 18th:
Signed with the New York Mets for $10,000

June 29th:
Joined Short Season A Brooklyn Cyclones

SPAL

ThisTeetsTaken

Happy for Cannon.  Didn't have a great year but his stuff is pretty good when he's throwing well.  Hopefully he's found a good place to develop.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

SPAL

SPAL

hog.goblin

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 20, 2017, 06:46:13 pm
Signed for $10,000 for a slot of 139,700.

I'm assuming this is the perfect illustration of a senior having no leverage?

PintailKiller

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 21, 2017, 09:44:09 am

Exactly.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

jry04

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 21, 2017, 09:44:09 am
It is a perfect illustration of a team trying to save money, so they took a guy that otherwise had no chance of going that high. He wasn't blindly drafted in the 9th round because of his talents, and then lost the negotiation battle and had to settle for $10,000. These teams called seniors  who were fringe draft picks and asked if they would sign for a really low amount to save money for other picks. Chadwick's alternative to this was telling them no thanks and sitting around for the rest of the draft wondering if he would even get drafted and get any money at all.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: jry04 on June 22, 2017, 07:48:51 am
It is a perfect illustration of a team trying to save money, so they took a guy that otherwise had no chance of going that high. He wasn't blindly drafted in the 9th round because of his talents, and then lost the negotiation battle and had to settle for $10,000. These teams called seniors  who were fringe draft picks and asked if they would sign for a really low amount to save money for other picks. Chadwick's alternative to this was telling them no thanks and sitting around for the rest of the draft wondering if he would even get drafted and get any money at all.
And he can always tell his grandkids that he went in the top 10 rounds of the MLB draft some day...

jry04

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on June 22, 2017, 08:58:11 am
And he can always tell his grandkids that he went in the top 10 rounds of the MLB draft some day...
Yeah, sweet deal all the way around given the circumstances.

hog.goblin

Good info, appreciate it.

Maybe we could hide a football and basketball subforum in EI for quality insight and discussion like we so often enjoy here

SPAL

Cannon has pitched in 1 game...

1 IP 1 hits 0 runs

SPAL

7/4:
2 innings pitched, 2 hits, 0 walks, 0 runs, 2 strikeouts.

SPAL

Pitched 2 innings, 2 hits,0 runs, and struck out 4 tonight.