Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lineups

Started by lynbug, February 08, 2018, 09:46:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

Well, it' getting crunch time and here comes another post about rotations/lineups.  We shouldn't still be evolving a much with our rotations this time of the season....but we are.  So, going forward what players do you like on the floor together and who's progressed enough to deserve more PT.  My thoughts/questions are: 

Barford, Macon and Gafford--givens.
What other forward best faciitates Gafford?
I love to see Hall in the game---energy, unselfishness, etc.
Could Gabe have really helped if he had started earier?
Thommpson's showing more energy and court awareness.

jm

The other two don't really matter. We don't have 2 more that are sure to be productive each and every game. Go with whoever matches up the best or whoever has the "hot hand" and hope it works.

CPO Hog

Macon, Barford & Gafford, then I would go with Hall and Baily, then sub 1 or 2 at a time to keep at least 3 of them on the floor at all times. This would help keep the flow of the game rolling.

Disclaimer: I'm not a multi million $$ coach, so my opinion may not be worth 2C.

lynbug

Quote from: CPO Hog on February 08, 2018, 01:38:07 pm
Macon, Barford & Gafford, then I would go with Hall and Baily, then sub 1 or 2 at a time to keep at least 3 of them on the floor at all times. This would help keep the flow of the game rolling.

Disclaimer: I'm not a multi million $$ coach, so my opinion may not be worth 2C.
Well, we're just talking opinions here anyway, but I would like to see more of what Gabe O can do...if the game allows it.

dawn2tusk

Minutes in parentheses.  Play Hall at the 4 for a couple of minutes if needed. 

Guards tier 1 - Macon(30), Barford(30)
Guards tier 2 - Jones(25), & Hall(25)
Guards tier 3 - Beard(10)
Bigs tier 1 - Gafford(25)
Bigs tier 2 - Gabe O(20), Thompson(20)
Bigs tier 3 - Thomas(5), Bailey(5), Cook(5)

Letsroll1200

Quote from: dawn2tusk on February 08, 2018, 02:00:55 pm

Ill put Bailey is tier 2. He doesn't frustrate me as much as Thomas and Cook.

Rbill

My theory is that Barford and Macon are going to get our points no matter what. That's just who we are right now. After that comes Gafford. I feel that the more we can get Gafford involved the better.

After that comes the bonuses. If CJ finds his 3 shot is the biggest bonus and most realistic one out there for us.

As far as I'm concerned the rest of the lineups should be filled with energy guys. We don't need significant points from anyone else to be successful the rest of the year. Just some easy buckets and mop up around the basket stuff. The key is that everyone else is bringing the energy on defense. Giving minutes to Bailey and Gabe instead of Thomas and Cook seemed to work well. Took away minutes from Beard too. Minutes for Hall are important too.

I say bench whoever isn't bringing the energy and go with the next man up. Give them another chance later in the game and bench them if they aren't bringing energetic defense.

Rbill

Quote from: dawn2tusk on February 08, 2018, 02:00:55 pm

I like this post a lot. Except I also think a little more highly of Bailey.