Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will LSU run up the score

Started by ss1000, November 20, 2012, 05:31:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomballHog

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on November 21, 2012, 01:14:37 am
LSU's offense is as pathetic as our defense. Unless their defense scores about 4 TD's,
there won't be any running up of the score, whether they want to or not.

LSU's offense has improved since Bama.  Mettenberger is playing much better.   If we dont want the score run up, we better stop them.

balzak

Quote from: ss1000 on November 20, 2012, 05:31:55 pm
Will Les run the score as high as possible to get a jump in the poles. Either bama or georgia is gonna loose another game. What if ND + K st loose, the poles could make a big difference.
I don't think it will be intentional. I'm guessing he starts filtering in backups, and we will still wet the bed.

code red

Will Les run the score as high as possible to get a jump in the poles. Either bama or georgia is gonna loose another game. What if ND + K st loose, the poles could make a big difference.
If I was coaching aginist a lame duck coach....I would run it up too.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

LSU's offense is as pathetic as our defense. Unless their defense scores about 4 TD's,
States offense is garbage too....they only scored 24 on kentucky.....they made us look like a JV squad. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on November 21, 2012, 01:01:26 am
No, but Arkansas might!  This is the perfect storm....Ark has absolutely nothing to play for...this game means nothing to us....it means everything to LSU!  So its simple, as unbelieveable as it may seem...Arkansas wins this game.

I'll drink that Kool-Aid (If not, I might as well stay home). Les will do everything he can to prevent that scenario, so look for him to try to get us down early, by any means. Probably see trickeration, or a downtown try on LSU's first possession, and his defense will sell out to get a turnover. The book on us is that we fold up like a road map at first adversity. We can only hope Miles plays not to lose.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

We may see Tyler take himself out of this game if JLS is still trying to play him when its 45-14 in the 4th.  Les may do just the opposite as many think.  If LSU is up big by the 4th, I think Les will play fresh 2nd teamers from there on and they will run all over us and score as well.  Les can say he did his best to not run it up.  I expect JLS to get thrown out of this game to try and show he has balls.  The possible sideshows of this game will be more fun than the game.

We may see our Coordinators calling the games of thier lives just to show college football they do know something.  This game could be considered their first interviews for the future.

KyleK

November 21, 2012, 10:06:52 am #56 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:30:40 am by KyleK
Hey Guys. Long time lurker and lifelong LSU fan.

I really don't expect CLM to TRY to run up the score. He has demonstrated many times his willingness to call off the dogs. For the first 2 1/2 - 3 quarters, expect a 50/50 mix of pass/run. Our offense has been really clicking lately. If LSU is comfortably ahead, expect to see our #2 QB Rivers get plenty of reps.

I am a moderator on an LSU board and it's funny, many on that board are concerned that our offense will have to bale out the defense in this game as your offense still is dangerous and our defensive secondary has been getting gashed of late.

I know y'all have had a crappy year and am not here to gloat. I enjoy this game every year and the SEC is better served when y'all are a top 10. Here's hoping for a hard fought, injury free game.

Good luck to y'all with your coaching search also.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go."

MacHog19

Quote from: 56Hog on November 20, 2012, 07:54:43 pm
The Mad Hatter and his Tigers are venturing into the unknown territory.

It's the northernmost trip for LSU since the eventual 2007 national champs ventured into Lexington...and lost to a huge underdog.

It's the latest by far any LSU team has played a late season game this far north.

There's little realistically to play for as LSU is almost certainly penciled in for one of the Fla NYD games.

The Tigers have underperformed repeatedly this year.

Their QB is a wildcard.

It's in R-Kansas, where the Tigers are 2-5 in the BCS era.

It's a day game.

"This is the worst Arkansas team in years."  Added one for you.

Bamafan35652

Quote from: 12247 on November 21, 2012, 09:53:48 am
We may see Tyler take himself out of this game if JLS is still trying to play him when its 45-14 in the 4th. 
I hope so.  I'm so afraid this kid is going to suffer a career ending injury in this game.  LSU is tough, and will beat the crap out of an offense.  aTm got to benefit from the beating we took against LSU.  It would sure be a shame for TW to get seriously injured this late in the season.
"The quarterback carry is certainly the best carry and one that we have an opportunity that if you play coverage on the remaining players, the numbers are best to run the football." Les Miles

Hogwild

Their offense is better than what it was last year, when they scored 41 on our D

HoggyCat

Quote from: Hogwild on November 21, 2012, 03:49:38 pm
Their offense is better than what it was last year, when they scored 41 on our D

Technically 34. HopHead had a PR TD.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hog1952

We don't have a defensive cord....it could get ugly!

Pigsknuckles

Oh the humanity, as God as my witness, I thought Razorbacks could fly.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ChitownHawg

November 22, 2012, 10:45:57 am #63 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:47:47 am by locusbug

First let me apologize as I tried to walk away, but I cannot. It is lose not loose. Before you get your nose out of joint I admit I am the world's worse speller and a few on here have helped me learn new words. Nothing wrong with learning something new - right?

Now to your question. Yes the score will be lopsided, but not because Les told them to. More likely because our defense cannot stop anyone. We make many QBs look like Heisman candidates.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HoggyCat

Quote from: locusbug on November 22, 2012, 10:45:57 am
First let me apologize as I tried to walk away, but I cannot. It is lose, not loose. Before you get your nose out of joint, I admit I am the world's worse speller, and a few on here have helped me learn new words. Nothing wrong with learning something new - right?

Now to your question. Yes the score will be lopsided, but not because Les told them to. More likely because our defense cannot stop anyone. We make many QBs look like Heisman candidates.

Like where to put commas to help the flow of your run-on sentences?

ChitownHawg

November 22, 2012, 11:31:44 am #65 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:35:01 am by locusbug
Quote from: HoggyCat on November 22, 2012, 11:00:10 am
Like where to put commas to help the flow of your run-on sentences?

Yep run-on sentences cost me a few points during school.  ;) Actually what you pointed out I knew, but typing on an iPad has made me lazy. Touch keyboards are aggravating.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HoggyCat

Quote from: locusbug on November 22, 2012, 11:31:44 am
Yep run-on sentences cost me a few points during school.  ;) Actually what you pointed out I knew, but typing on an iPad has made me lazy. Touch keyboards are aggravating.  ;D

I know what ya mean. I downloaded JLS6..errr ios6 for my iPhone and it's wigged out ever since.

b0sc0b

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 20, 2012, 09:45:50 pm
You just couldn't resist it, could you?
I tried to but there has to be some humor around here somewhere.  Hopefully now I can get a raise, a bonus and an extension of some kind.
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

hodgehog

We will be damn lucky to even score

Psharp

An emphatic affirm. I hope the Tigers thrash Walmart U.

hawaiianhogster

LSU will score if the Hogs can't stop them no matter what the score. Yes they will run up the score.

mrsherm501

Look at the 4 games we have played against quality opponents;
52-0 Bama
58-10 A&M
38-20 SC
45-14 M.St

Scoring 50 on us or winning by 40 is not running it up this year, it's par for the course!

Lay the points and take LSU

#WPS2013!!!....unless its; Dykes, Franklin, Taggart, Tubbs, Or any other 3rd rate 9 months in the making hire.

Psharp

Quote from: mrsherm501 on November 22, 2012, 02:53:05 pm
Look at the 4 games we have played against quality opponents;
52-0 Bama
58-10 A&M
38-20 SC
45-14 M.St

Scoring 50 on us or winning by 40 is not running it up this year, it's par for the course!

Lay the points and take LSU

#WPS2013!!!....unless its; Dykes, Franklin, Taggart, Tubbs, Or any other 3rd rate 9 months in the making hire.
Jimmy Dykes?

mrsherm501

Quote from: mrsherm501 on November 22, 2012, 03:58:49 pm
Jimmy, Spike, OR Sonny

Jimmy for AD if JL hires any that I listed earlier

pigture perfect

The only difference between last year and this will be that Lester won't be cussed at by our coach.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HoggyCat

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 22, 2012, 04:39:04 pm
The only difference between last year and this will be that Lester won't be cussed at by our coach.

I wouldn't say that.......

moses_007

Quote from: razorkev on November 20, 2012, 11:39:37 pm
I predict Arkansas to lead after the 1st quarter...downhill for us after that.

Haven't we led after the first quarter in all our losses (except Bama.....)?

luckyrazrbk

easily a yes if they get the chance

HoggyCat

Quote from: moses_007 on November 22, 2012, 06:12:11 pm
Haven't we led after the first quarter in all our losses (except Bama.....)?

Isn't Alabama the only game we never led?