Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scheduling TCU

Started by SouthHawg13, November 29, 2010, 12:17:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthHawg13

Hello all.  I am one of those posters that reads more and posts less.

But I was wondering what is going to happen with our home and home we have scheduled with TCU.  Isn't it in 2012 and 2013?

They will have to revamp their schedule I am sure.  I am wondering if we lose the TCU game because they will have to redo their schedule to fit other Big East teams.

If we lose it, who do we pick up?

Thoughts?

Hoggish1

November 29, 2010, 01:14:01 pm #1 Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:18:41 pm by Hoggish1
Currently, even with adding Villanova, the Big Least will only have 10 teams.  I'm sure that league will have everyone play each other as they do now, which still only gives them eight games in conference. 

Therefore there is no reason for them to have to drop us due to a new conference affiliation.  However, I think the Big East should lose its auto bid to the BCS unless they have at least 12 teams and a championship game.

Conferences like the SEC should not have to stand by and watch UCONN's sorry asc limp across the finish line to gobble up a spot in a BCS bowl game at, say, 8-4.

Go Wareagle$!

hogsanity

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 29, 2010, 01:14:01 pm
Currently, even with adding Villanova, the Big Least will only have 10 teams.  I'm sure that league will have everyone play each other as they do now, which still only gives them eight games in conference. 

Therefore there is no reason for them to have to drop us due to a new conference affiliation.  However, I think they should lose their auto bid to the BCS unless they have at least 12 teams and a championship game.

Conferences like the SEC should not have to stand by and watch a team like UCONN limp across the finish line with a reward for their sorry asc record being a spot in a BCS bowl game.

Go Wareagle$!

If the have 10 teams, and they play true round robin, that is NINE big least games.  So TCu will likely have to drop a OOC game.  It has been rumored the series would be pushed back until after we are done with the A&M series anyway.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

spiritof92

I just hope TCU doesn't go to crap before they are on the Hogs schedule. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogsanity on November 29, 2010, 01:17:58 pm
If the have 10 teams, and they play true round robin, that is NINE big least games.  So TCu will likely have to drop a OOC game.  It has been rumored the series would be pushed back until after we are done with the A&M series anyway.

True and I think Villanova would be crazy to not join.  But what about taking their auto BCS agreement away till they add another two teams?  8-4 for the conference champ is pitiful.

SwineOfTheTimes

Be careful here guys.  IF, USCe were to beat Auburn this week....our beloved SEC would have an 8-4 BCS representative....Just sayin

BleedsRazorbackRed

No , that would be a 10-3 representative

razorback3072

November 29, 2010, 02:02:25 pm #7 Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:07:02 pm by razorback3072
Quote from: SwineOfTheTimes on November 29, 2010, 01:43:09 pm
Be careful here guys.  IF, USCe were to beat Auburn this week....our beloved SEC would have an 8-4 BCS representative....Just sayin

But our 9-3 rep would beat any of their teams easily and would not be 9-3 in the Big East
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

rhames

Quote from: SwineOfTheTimes on November 29, 2010, 01:43:09 pm

SC is 9-3 and would be 10-3 of they beat the barn.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

cthog99

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 29, 2010, 01:14:01 pm

Therefore there is no reason for them to have to drop us due to a new conference affiliation.  However, I think the Big East should lose its auto bid to the BCS unless they have at least 12 teams and a championship game.

Conferences like the SEC should not have to stand by and watch UCONN's sorry asc limp across the finish line to gobble up a spot in a BCS bowl game at, say, 8-4.

Go Wareagle$!

Big 10 has only had 11 teams and no championship game.

The Big East is down this year but since Miami, Va Tech and Boston College left, the Big East is 3-3 in BCS Bowls and Petrino coached there for a few years.

And Uconn is not limping across the finish line. We started 3-4 and have won 4 in a row including West Virginia which many people deserve they should go. But they had their chance and lost to Uconn and I'm hoping we can finish the season off with a win and go to our first BCS game

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DEVIL DOG HOG

With the second coming in 2012 we won't have to worry about any schedule after 2012.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

SwineOfTheTimes

Quote from: BleedsRazorbackRed on November 29, 2010, 01:56:41 pm
No , that would be a 10-3 representative

I stand corrected....My Post = Fail!

010HogFan

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on November 29, 2010, 04:08:23 pm
With the second coming in 2012 we won't have to worry about any schedule after 2012.

lol

booogaga

man i didnt know that Nova had a football team
GO HOGS!