Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big 12/SEC Challenge

Started by BannerMountainMan, January 27, 2018, 01:31:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Texas Tech comes back to barely beat South Carolina, and Florida steam rolls Baylor. 1-1 so far. We need Alabama to play good against OU and and for Ole Miss and Georgia to win and we will be in great shape!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

PonderinHog

40MINSOFHELL

Shouldn't we be pulling for OU? Wouldn't it make our win look better?

alohawg

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on January 27, 2018, 02:06:55 pm
Shouldn't we be pulling for OU?

That's what I think since it's in Arkansas best interest.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: alohawg on January 27, 2018, 02:08:11 pm
That's what I think since it's in Arkansas best interest.

But not for JB arguing about how good the SEC is. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PonderinHog

Georgia gonna need a small miracle here.

la20688

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on January 27, 2018, 02:06:55 pm
Shouldn't we be pulling for OU? Wouldn't it make our win look better?
Perhaps....but ours was at a neutral site and Bama's at home. Either way, our win over OU will be considered big, as much the networks love Trey & the Sooners.

Bogghawg

Won't it just be a wash later when we beat Alabama?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

raz1965

A win by the hogs guarantees at least a tie in the challenge.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: raz1965 on January 27, 2018, 04:51:06 pm
A win by the hogs guarantees at least a tie in the challenge.

Sec got their 5

Mr. Porkleone

Between Pat Adams and continued horrible FT shooting, it's a miracle we survived.  If we don't improve at line,  we won't have any run in tourney.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 27, 2018, 07:31:24 pm
Between Pat Adams and continued horrible FT shooting, it's a miracle we survived.  If we don't improve at line,  we won't have any run in tourney.

totally agree.. it's the difference in easy victories, it's cost us already and during the NCAA's every FT matters... just don't see it improving at this point.. only Macon has been effective,

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 27, 2018, 07:31:24 pm
You already said this in another thread....I agree though
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Cmheinley

I never thought I would say this, but Go Kentucky! Would love to win this challenge and legitimize the claims that the SEC is a top 3 conference. Does nothing other than help our overall RPIs

pigture perfect

Vandy beating TCU was huge earlier. That was my surprise win.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 27, 2018, 07:41:41 pm
You already said this in another thread....I agree though

I no...some reason when I type that pops in. Restarting system.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Cmheinley on January 27, 2018, 07:44:55 pm
I never thought I would say this, but Go Kentucky! Would love to win this challenge and legitimize the claims that the SEC is a top 3 conference. Does nothing other than help our overall RPIs

Weren't they down 15 earlier?  tied now..  make that up 2

BannerMountainMan

Do you know how big it would be if we go 6-4 against the Big 12!!! HUGE LETS GO KENTUCKY!!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

Someone bring up the thread where the guy started a thread saying he thought the sec still sucked

HamIAm

How does Calipari get away with being on the court (inbounds) stomping his foot on the end of the court where play is in progress

hawginbigd1

I thought SEC would win 6-8 but SC and Georgia spit the bit, UK would get the best or 2nd best win of the day. Not real sure if WVU is as good as they are being credited for, but I do know historically it has been hell to win there.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 27, 2018, 08:06:22 pm
I thought SEC would win 6-8 but SC and Georgia spit the bit, UK would get the best or 2nd best win of the day. Not real sure if WVU is as good as they are being credited for, but I do know historically it has been hell to win there.
Kentucky up by 5 with less than a. Minute left!!

Bkhardicars

If we beat AL it really doesn't matter that we beat OK. It is in our hands and we control our own destiny.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 27, 2018, 08:09:41 pm
Kentucky up by 5 with less than a. Minute left!!
It's over, let me piss some people off!

SEC SEC SEC!

Dominicanhog

6-4 and the b12 had the better set up, or so it seemed in advance of games.

BannerMountainMan

BPI predicted the SEC to get 3 wins and they get 6 and shut the world up!!

jchill

The SEC winning this challenge is huge!!!  The Hogs will have to totally collapse not to make the NCAAT. I am hoping the close wins will keep Hogs from getting too complacent.

Atlhogfan1

I wasn't expecting UK to win.

Thought TCU would survive Vandy even without Fisher.

Bama had a good win.  Didn't know if they would have enough offense to beat OU.

Rest went pretty much as expected. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 27, 2018, 08:20:57 pm
I wasn't expecting UK to win.

Thought TCU would survive Vandy even without Fisher.

Bama had a good win.  Didn't know if they would have enough offense to beat OU.

Rest went pretty much as expected.
I thought Vandy might take that, thought Bama would have problems holding Young, but those guys can play defense, About 12-14 of his points he had somebody in his shirt.
Knew A&M had no shot at Kansas
Really thought Silva would go off against TT but didn't
Thought Maten and company would score enough to win but didn't
Ga. And SC had game in Palm until about 2 minutes left and spit the bit.
Agreed on UK wildcard and not sure about WVU

Danny J

The SEC had 3 upset victories (Bama, Vandy and UK) whilst the Big 12 had none. All their wins were expected wins. I truly think right now the SEC is 2nd best conference only behind the ACC.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 27, 2018, 08:30:23 pm
I thought Vandy might take that, thought Bama would have problems holding Young, but those guys can play defense, About 12-14 of his points he had somebody in his shirt.
Knew A&M had no shot at Kansas
Really thought Silva would go off against TT but didn't
Thought Maten and company would score enough to win but didn't
Ga. And SC had game in Palm until about 2 minutes left and spit the bit.
Agreed on UK wildcard and not sure about WVU
Expected TT SC to be close. 

Don't trust UGa can close out a win against anyone right now. 

Memorial Gym is a weird place to play.  Good home court for Vandy. 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 27, 2018, 08:35:33 pm
Expected TT SC to be close. 

Don't trust UGa can close out a win against anyone right now. 

Memorial Gym is a weird place to play.  Good home court for Vandy.
Our worst SEC team beat one of the Big 12's best in TCU, 2nd best conference

hawginbigd1

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 27, 2018, 08:37:33 pm
Our worst SEC team beat one of the Big 12's best in TCU, 2nd best conference
IMO TCU minus Jaylen Fisher is in 2nd 5 of the big 12, that is why I thought Vandy could win.

lynbug

Quote from: Danny J on January 27, 2018, 08:30:26 pm
The SEC had 3 upset victories (Bama, Vandy and UK) whilst the Big 12 had none. All their wins were expected wins. I truly think right now the SEC is 2nd best conference only behind the ACC.
Will winning the Challenge be a factor on Selection Sunday?

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: lynbug on January 27, 2018, 08:58:03 pm
Will winning the Challenge be a factor on Selection Sunday?
It will help the conference RPI which will play a role come selection Sunday. 

pigture perfect

6-4 SEC. Yes I do feel good about it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JayHog

And for anyone still crying over Babb transferring to Iowa State (which is another thing thrown up by MA haters from time to time). 0 points, 0 blocks, 2 assists, 3 turnovers. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 27, 2018, 08:19:31 pm
BPI predicted the SEC to get 3 wins and they get 6 and shut the world up!!

The BPI is garbage just like RPI is garbage.

A quote years ago from my Undergraduate School Speech Professor.

"Statistics are like a bikini.  The parts they show are revealing, but the parts they hide are the most important parts."

batmanfan

Quote from: JayHog on January 27, 2018, 09:58:10 pm
And for anyone still crying over Babb transferring to Iowa State (which is another thing thrown up by MA haters from time to time). 0 points, 0 blocks, 2 assists, 3 turnovers.

A nice look at ONE game. Avg. 12, 7, and 7 on the year. With a team with NO guard depth you don't think he would have helped?? Goofy post of the day right here
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

rude1

I saw that, ouch, absolutely brutal stat line and that's with playing 29 minutes. I think we can put to bed that we let a difference maker get away, plus he would have been gone after last year here anyway.

hobhog

k.c.hawg

Quote from: batmanfan on January 27, 2018, 10:03:50 pm
A nice look at ONE game. Avg. 12, 7, and 7 on the year. With a team with NO guard depth you don't think he would have helped?? Goofy post of the day right here

On a crap team where he averages 37.5 minutes per game. 43% FG 32% from 3, 11.7 pts, 7 reb 7 assists. One quality win on their whole schedule. He would be a senior this year and he wouldn't play over Macon or Barford.....would take some minutes from Beard and Hall. More importantly he wouldn't have contributed much if any last year. He wasn't willing to stay at Arkansas to be a 6th or 7th man and that's what he would be so, probably best for both that he moved on.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hobhog on January 27, 2018, 10:08:06 pm
Fun college basketball day.

Yes it was!! One of the first times that wasn't tournament time that I watched hoops from 11 to 10 in years!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 27, 2018, 10:19:16 pm
Yes it was!! One of the first times that wasn't tournament time that I watched hoops from 11 to 10 in years!!

Same here.
Hogs up! Covid down!

raz1965

The SEC is tough. How good is Auburn?  Kentucky has learned how to play as a team. This basket ball team has the toughest schedule ahead as any Arkansas team ever had. The good of that is the chances for quality wins,  however must play well to win period. I think 5 more wins gets us in the tourney, 

Danny J

Quote from: raz1965 on January 28, 2018, 09:57:38 am
The SEC is tough. How good is Auburn?  Kentucky has learned how to play as a team. This basket ball team has the toughest schedule ahead as any Arkansas team ever had. The good of that is the chances for quality wins,  however must play well to win period. I think 5 more wins gets us in the tourney,
They are right now without question the best team in the SEC however once the Gators get a couple their guys back that may change and UK will probably get better as the season wears on.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: jchill on January 27, 2018, 08:20:37 pm
The SEC winning this challenge is huge!!!  The Hogs will have to totally collapse not to make the NCAAT. I am hoping the close wins will keep Hogs from getting too complacent.

Good night for the SEC.!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jabber71

Quote from: batmanfan on January 27, 2018, 10:03:50 pm

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 27, 2018, 10:17:47 pm
On a crap team where he averages 37.5 minutes per game. 43% FG 32% from 3, 11.7 pts, 7 reb 7 assists. One quality win on their whole schedule. He would be a senior this year and he wouldn't play over Macon or Barford.....would take some minutes from Beard and Hall. More importantly he wouldn't have contributed much if any last year. He wasn't willing to stay at Arkansas to be a 6th or 7th man and that's what he would be so, probably best for both that he moved on.

He played 3 common opponents, all three were loses for him wins for Arkansas, in those games he went for 0,13 and 14. Nice kid but there was a reason he chose to leave...
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

hawginbigd1

I guess we should just get rid of Barford after his performance yesterday because that means he can't ever help us.....SMH

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 28, 2018, 03:37:32 pm
I guess we should just get rid of Barford after his performance yesterday because that means he can't ever help us.....SMH
I think the thing is that SMU sucks