Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a petition has been started to add 20,000 seats to WMS via petitionspot.

Started by dsims2k3, August 18, 2010, 10:42:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Divot

Morons.....where's the money gonna come for an extra 20k seats?  (It won't be private donors! Too expensive!)

Inhogswetrust

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Please stop it I can't laugh any more!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogfan4ever13

Worst to First... That's not improvement for SOME people.

Sivad

Makes as much sense as a petition to have WMS host the 2012 Super Bowl.

razorhead94

It could happen.  And would have already happened if broyles would have made the right move 4 years ago.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

nwarazfan

"With a simple twenty thousand seat upgrade we can continue to enjoy our golf course tailgating!"

Yes with a simple $100 million or more, you can get drunk in a lawn chair on a public golf course two times a year.  After all, it isn't about what is best for the program or university or upgrading a memorial to veterans but tailgating on a golf course.

nwarazfan

Quote from: razorhead94 on August 19, 2010, 12:58:33 am
It could happen.  And would have already happened if broyles would have made the right move 4 years ago.

What happened 4 years ago?

DrSwineESQ

I love the "simple 20,000 seat addition" part.  Simple yes, if each of 105 people who have signed the petition can just donate $1,000,000, there would be enough money.

Inhogswetrust

You didn't finish the last sentence you forgot "and moved all games to RRS".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PIGZSNOUT

Lets petition to add 20K more seats to F'ville. Why do the Hogs need to help add 20k to a "Contract Venue"?? Seriously, the true home field is and will always be in F'ville at DWRRS. "Think with your dipstick Jimmy"

Inhogswetrust

Hey I've got an idea. Let's start a petition to have the BAC torn down and bowl in the north endzone. Hell we could get 105 signatures in about 3 seconds!!!!!

Porkbutt Gary

NOT!

Check your history.. Broyles went to WMS and the City of Little Rock several times as log as 25 years ago to upgrade WMS and they thumb their nose at him and refused.  Central Ar had several chances to upgrade "The Grand Old Lady" and refused.
Once a  Razorback, Always a Razorback  ... Unless you're a Nutt!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 19, 2010, 01:15:06 am
Hey I've got an idea. Let's start a petition to have the BAC torn down and bowl in the north endzone. Hell we could get 105 signatures in about 3 seconds!!!!!

That's not bad at all!

Property on the west side of Razorback Road across from the indoor complex and go to town. Build a HUGE pedestrian overpass (troop walk) over Razorback Road.

Or take Barnhill down for the new BAC? (I'm ducking on that one - sorry! - I know the great history there)

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

longtimeHogfan

They would be better served spending $20MM upgrading and updating what they have instead of trying to add seating on top of an outdated stadium. 

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

CurDog64

New petition, this one targeted at Jerry Jones, put Jerry World on wheels and transport it to Little Rock, and well let the Cowboys and Razorbacks play in Little Rock this season.

baitshop

So sorry.....way to little, way too late....

The fate of more that a non-con patsy being played at WMS is sealed beginning in 2016....

Hey, but I am sure the good folks from Little Rock Catholic will be ecstatic....
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

kimjongsqUeAl

I just friggin' LOVE this: 

With a simple twenty thousand seat upgrade we can continue to enjoy our golf course tailgating!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

WOOOOO PIGS!!!!  THAT was funny right there!   :razorback:
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

maumellebyrd

I just still love all the NWA folks that HATE that we play games in the middle of our state.

Screw tradition, ALL WE CARE ABOUT IS THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TEH MONIES GIVE US ALL YOUR MONIES

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, there's just so much more room on Markham for people and parking than there is at the UA.  UA SUCKS for parking.  SUCKS.

idochog

I love Jesus!

GolfnHog

Quote from: maumellebyrd on August 19, 2010, 11:38:03 am
I just still love all the NWA folks that HATE that we play games in the middle of our state.

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, there's just so much more room on Markham for people and parking than there is at the UA.  UA SUCKS for parking.  SUCKS.

Not true, you just have to walk the hills of the campus and surrounding area. The traffic and parking density around WMS is absolutely no better than on campus. Your perception just happens to be your reality.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hogsanity

Quote from: idochog on August 19, 2010, 11:43:36 am
Where is the petition to tear the thing down?

Don't know, but it would get more sigs in 5 minutes than this one wll get in total.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Red Tusk

Quote from: dsims2k3 on August 18, 2010, 10:42:54 pm
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/warmemorialstupgrade/  

Who are you going to present it to when your'e done? Mike Beebe..Jack Stephens? You might want to add to that tailgating thing a little.
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

jamie72921

Bless your heart

hog_fan

Quote from: maumellebyrd on August 19, 2010, 11:38:03 am

Screw tradition, ALL WE CARE ABOUT IS THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TEH MONIES GIVE US ALL YOUR MONIES

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

You care more about tradition or winning? We lose money playing in Little Rock. They refuse to update the stadium. Name another major school that does something similar. People like you would prefer all games be in Little Rock. Hell, let's just move the Football team to UALR and be done with it. I want what is best for the team and every game in Little Rock we lose money. We need every penny we can get if we want to keep Petrino and make sure the proper upgrades happen. Little Rock will deserve some games when they do some updates and make it look decent instead of charging us to play games. And parking is your excuse. How pathetic. We have to be the only fan base where people don't want to try an extra couple hours.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Porkbutt Gary on August 19, 2010, 05:20:37 am
NOT!

Check your history.. Broyles went to WMS and the City of Little Rock several times as log as 25 years ago to upgrade WMS and they thumb their nose at him and refused.  Central Ar had several chances to upgrade "The Grand Old Lady" and refused.

The City of Little Rock has NOTHING to do with WMS.  It is owned by the State of Arkansas.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Red Tusk on August 19, 2010, 12:12:52 pm
Who are you going to present it to when your'e done? Mike Beebe..Jack Stephens? You might want to add to that tailgating thing a little.

Uh, Jack Stephens is dead.

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: idochog on August 19, 2010, 11:43:36 am
Where is the petition to tear the thing down?

Buried in a box over at the Veteran's Cemetary I would guess.

ADHog

We could all agree that Arkansas is the only university that does this type of thing right? Plays multiple games in the same off campus stadium? I've given thought to this over the years and have come up with a few comparisons of schools that only have one major D1 school and see how smart they sound:
-Wisconsin, located in Madison in the southcentral part of the state, think El Dorado. Should they go 2.5 hours northeast to play two games a year in Green Bay so the fans in the northern part of the state can see the Badgers? We all know how football crazy Green Bay is.
-Nebraska, oh darn, talk about a football lovin state, located in Lincoln on the east side of the state. Should they go 3.5 hours west and play two games in North Platte so people in the western 3/4 can see their beloved Huskers play?
-West Virginia, located in Morgantown in the far north part of the state, think Fayetteville. Should they go 2.5 hours southwest to their state capital and larger city of Charleston and play two games a year?
These three schools have great fanbases, just like the Hogs, I think we could all agree on that. Their entire state would love to see them play, but unfortunately they're all located on one side of their states. So should they play these games? If you know any fans of these three schools, run this by them and see what they think. I got a feeling we already know their answers.

dickyhog

"Being long over due for a signification capacity upgrade for War Memorial Stadium Little Rock, Arkansas stands to loose the rich tradition of Central Arkansas Razorback Games. With a simple twenty thousand seat upgrade we can continue to enjoy our golf course tailgating! "

I could stand to loose the tradition... we'll loose it on SEC, or even the nation.  Just thought of a brand new slogan: Fear the hogs, we're loosing the Arkansas Razorbacks tradition on YOU!

Alright, and the golf course tailgating is pretty funny, too.   :razorback:

Wild Bill Hog

ADHog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 12:48:54 pm
Buried in a box over at the Veteran's Cemetary I would guess.
Yep, because when they were fighting in the war they thought, damn, I sure hope they build a football stadium in our honor and they get the Razorbacks to play in it. This stadium could be named Corporate Sponsor Stadium and we'd all still be having this same arguement.

EastexHawg

Quote from: nwarazfan on August 19, 2010, 01:02:09 am
"With a simple twenty thousand seat upgrade we can continue to enjoy our golf course tailgating!"

Before I actually clicked on the link to the petition I thought you were trying to poke fun at the people behind this.

Now, after reading it, I realize they don't need anyone to do that for them.  They are much better at making themselves look like self serving dimwits themselves than anyone else could ever hope to accomplish. 

Unbelievable.

leftymgp

Instead of adding seats to WMS, why don't we just add 2 games to RRS?  Problem solved.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ADHog on August 19, 2010, 12:52:41 pm
Yep, because when they were fighting in the war they thought, damn, I sure hope they build a football stadium in our honor and they get the Razorbacks to play in it. This stadium could be named Corporate Sponsor Stadium and we'd all still be having this same arguement.

Very inconsiderate of those guys to get killed and mess up the location of Hog football games.  If none of them had gotten killed we wouldn't be having this argument.

ADHog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 12:55:54 pm
Very inconsiderate of those guys to get killed and mess up the location of Hog football games.  If none of them had gotten killed we wouldn't be having this argument.
My point was that there would still be a stadium there regardless of the reason to put it there. They just happen to give the reason to honor fallen soldiers when they decided to build it in 1904. If there had never been a war in the history of mankind, they would've given the reason to build the stadium as, "hey, lets build a stadium here and make some money." The name is a moot point.

The Marmot

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 12:55:54 pm

Maybe we could tear down the crappy stadium that stands where a real memorial to them could be built.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: ADHog on August 19, 2010, 12:52:41 pm
Yep, because when they were fighting in the war they thought, damn, I sure hope they build a football stadium in our honor and they get the Razorbacks to play in it.

Maybe we should play a game in Arlington National Cemetery, too.  Right next to Audie Murphy's grave...

I never realized playing college football games on the campus of the college itself was disrespectful to veterans.  And I didn't know that a war memorial can't stand as a monument to those it honors all on its own.  It needs to have ball games played around it for full effect.

aristotle

Why don't all the lazy so-called Hog Fans drive their asses up to UA campus in Fayetteville and watch a game. Tradition? The only thing left of the SWC days is playing in that awful venue. Let it go, so we can start building our program higher. They are raising tix prices so we can upgrade our program and keep the likes of good coaches like Bobby Petrino around, and you clowns want to add MORE seats to WMS so we can lose even more money playing there?

This is about the program. WMS has become a detriment. All you in favor of this are holding the Hogs back. Wake up and look in the mirror!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 19, 2010, 12:59:57 pm
Maybe we should play a game in Arlington National Cemetery, too.  Right next to Audie Murphy's grave...

I never realized playing college football games on the campus of the college itself was disrespectful to veterans.  And I didn't know that a war memorial can't stand as a monument to those it honors all on its own.  It needs to have ball games played around it for full effect.

Nope games played in Arlington Nat'l weren't instrumental in building the Hog program to the level it is now.  WMS was.

I do honestly believe that games played there call attention to the Arkansans who paid the ultimate price.  There's a Vietnam War Memorial on the grounds of the State Capitol.  It's been there for quite a few years.  On any trips to Little Rock how many times have you gone to see it?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: aristotle on August 19, 2010, 01:06:10 pm
Why don't all the lazy so-called Hog Fans drive their asses up to UA campus in Fayetteville and watch a game. Tradition? The only thing left of the SWC days is playing in that awful venue. Let it go, so we can start building our program higher. They are raising tix prices so we can upgrade our program and keep the likes of good coaches like Bobby Petrino around, and you clowns want to add MORE seats to WMS so we can lose even more money playing there?

This is about the program. WMS has become a detriment. All you in favor of this are holding the Hogs back. Wake up and look in the mirror!

You need to do a little research.  The ONLY people complaining about driving 2 or 3 hours to attend a Hog game are located in NWA.  Several have even posted on here that they refuse to do it.  Now you go look in the mirror.

The Marmot

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 01:16:30 pm
You need to do a little research.  The ONLY people complaining about driving 2 or 3 hours to attend a Hog game are located in NWA. 

Wow.

Never been in a GSD thread, huh?
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

aristotle

You need to do a little research.  The ONLY people complaining about driving 2 or 3 hours to attend a Hog game are located in NWA.  Several have even posted on here that they refuse to do it.  Now you go look in the mirror.

Because the program loses out on ticket sales. We are playing "home games" off campus to appease a few rich power brokers and fans who don't want to be inconvenienced.

You know why nobody else in the country does it? Because it doesn't make financial sense. Why play games off campus to lose money when you can sell out your home stadium? Makes no sense.

Not to mention, WMS sucks. The actual stadium ( minus all your tradition, tailgating, and drunkeness ) sucks. It's a disgrace. And folks want to add seats? Are you kidding me?

Again, you are holding the program back if support playing at WMS. I can't say it any plainer. Smite me all you want.

The Marmot

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 19, 2010, 01:12:54 pm
I do honestly believe that games played there call attention to the Arkansans who paid the ultimate price. 

If you think more than a few people are thinking about veterans during a WMS game, much less during the drunken tailgating, you're fooling yourself.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

GuvHog

Hmmm......To add 20,000 seats to WMS, they would just about have to add an upper deck to the side opposite the press box and both end zones which would bring the capacity to almost 75,000. That would cost a whole lot of money and a bunch of big money private donors would have to anti up. I expect an expansion but I'm not sure if it'll be that much of one.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

There is no way someone who has been around here as long as you can actually believe that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ADHog

They complain because they have to drive to see a game played 3.5 FROM CAMPUS! You all complain to drive to the Home of the Razorbacks, Fayetteville, where the campus is located! It'd be like LSU fans complaining about driving to Shreveport to watch a game, makes sense doesn't it. What wouldn't make sense would be the fans from Shreveport complaing about having to drive to Baton Rogue to watch a game.