Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keondre Thomas 100m at 7A state meet (finals video added)

Started by Peter Porker, May 09, 2015, 08:53:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: fullfan on May 10, 2015, 08:24:54 am
Winning time in the finals?

10.88 by Joey Saucier of Rogers Heritage. He signed with Air Force.

Finals                                                                         
  1 Saucier, Joey                Rogers Herit             10.88   0.5  10       
  2 Winn, John                   Bryant                   10.97   0.5   8       
  3 Thomas, Keondre              Ft. Smith No             11.03   0.5   6       
  4 Collier, Kary                Bentonville              11.08   0.5   5       
  5 Shaw, Brandon                Rogers Herit             11.11   0.5   4       
  6 Alley, Britton               Cabot                    11.33   0.5   3       
  7 Grandstaff, Tanner           Ft. Smith So             11.40   0.5   2       
  8 Payton, Keson                Bentonville              12.16   0.5   1

jackflash

I wonder if Arkansas is considering offering him. Seen a couple of video on him. I think the kid can play. Has any one seen him play in person?

GrizzlyRider07

I've seen him play quite a bit. From the times I've watched him he more of an athlete. He returned kicks, played slot, and also corner. The kid was probably the best returner in the state to the point to where teams just started sky kicking to him. But in college he will play corner and be used as a returner. At the corner position, he held down his spot very nicely. Teams really didn't throw to his guy very much. It's hard to really judge his cover skills to a T because his speed made up for a lot.  I never seen him get beat though either. The only knock on him I'll say he needs to work on is his size he looks very thin on the field.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on May 10, 2015, 09:55:29 pm
I've seen him play quite a bit. From the times I've watched him he more of an athlete. He returned kicks, played slot, and also corner. The kid was probably the best returner in the state to the point to where teams just started sky kicking to him. But in college he will play corner and be used as a returner. At the corner position, he held down his spot very nicely. Teams really didn't throw to his guy very much. It's hard to really judge his cover skills to a T because his speed made up for a lot.  I never seen him get beat though either. The only knock on him I'll say he needs to work on is his size he looks very thin on the field.
As you can tell from my name I'm a Grizzly fan.  And I think Kon will be a good player for somebody.  But the Barley kid from Southside abused him pretty good last season.

hogfan2000

In other news Henri Murphy set the 4a state record with running a 10.7 into a head wind in the prelims. He cruised to in the finals.   He will crush at the meet of champions.  A crying shame he wasn't offered by the University of Arkansas.  Once in a decade type speed that comes from this state on a football field.

Rivervalley Hog

Peter Porker

Quote from: hogfan2000 on May 12, 2015, 06:40:53 pm
In other news Henri Murphy set the 4a state record with running a 10.7 into a head wind in the prelims. He cruised to in the finals.   He will crush at the meet of champions.  A crying shame he wasn't offered by the University of Arkansas.  Once in a decade type speed that comes from this state on a football field.

It isn't Arkansas' fault he wasn't offered.

hogfan2000

Well, I've never seen that posted anywhere.  There was a thread from October where I raved about him and his speed and I was basically pistal whipped here for saying  he was the fastest football player in the state at any level.  He laid down a 10.4 earlier in the year at a White Hall meet. Special Special type of speed and a very good football player.  That record is even that much more impressive when it  is basically saying he ran the fastest 100 meters that's ever been recorded by a Dollarway athlete as they've spent most of there time the past 20 or 25 years at the 2/4a level.  Everything I ever read said he had qualified so I was just going on what some had said that claimed to know the situation.

Peter Porker

There's a reason that someone with his speed signed with Henderson State.