Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Using the new Virtual Reality equipment as a recruiting tool

Started by WizardofhOgZ, May 07, 2015, 11:32:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

I had already thought of using the fact that we are one of the few schools to presently have the new Virtual Reality equipment as a differentiator when talking to a kid about our program.  After all, kids love cutting edge technology.

But I had not thought of using it in this way.  Kudos to CBB and his recruiting team for coming up with this new twist.

"Bielema said Arkansas would use it in recruiting, too. When Belch was in Fayetteville filming practice, Bielema had him film the stadium, weight room, training room and meeting rooms, so he can show recruits what everything looks like."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/may/07/old-school-hogs-testing-cutting-edge-gadgets/

Most of us know that NWA is one of the biggest secrets in the country.  The challenge is all about getting kids to visit, because when they do most of them are blown away with what we have up there.  This is a creative way to bring the campus and facilities to them.

WorfHog

It's a neat piece of technology, but the way I understand it they can only use it when they're already on Campus, kind of a waste to show them a virtual weight room/stadium when the weight room and stadium are right next door.

For kids on visits I'm sure they're pointing out how this new system can make them better players. It's a competitive advantage that we have right now, but I have the feeling it won't last for long.

Hawgzinbowlz

This technology will help to more clearly define the haves, (utilizing this technology) and the have not's, (unwilling/unable to purchase this technology).
Hats off to CBB for using Virtual Technology and +1 to Jeff Long for his willingness to fund this new technology, and enabling us to be the best we can be.

" WOO PIG "

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Arkamedes

If they really wanted to take it a step further, they could film everything NWA has to offer. Take the recruit on a virtual reality fishing trip to Beaver Lake. Take him on a VR hunting trip in the Ozarks. Let him experience a packed stadium at game time, a pep rally, tailgating, or Dickson Street after a game. Film Bud Walton when we're playing Kentucky or a big game at Baum. The recruits who visit in the off season don't necessarily get to experience these things. Be creative! Woo pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Pancetta

I can see him using it from his reducing payer injuries angle where he says we'll be able to practice making reads at full speed without the risk of some freak injury to the QB or any of the receivers or defenders.  Even if you are going shorts and helmets full speed with no hitting you could have someone plant and cut and blow out a knee or pull a hammy.   
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

greenie

The recruiting use for this tool is to put recruits in a simulated, in-game situation and let them interact.  This will give them a taste of how the team will really use it as a training tool to give augmented mental reps.  Look at it like a futuristic Madden game, where the player is immersed much more deeply.  It's not the Matrix, but it's certainly way more than just a tool to give virtual tours.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Arkamedes on May 08, 2015, 12:55:25 am
If they really wanted to take it a step further, they could film everything NWA has to offer. Take the recruit on a virtual reality fishing trip to Beaver Lake. Take him on a VR hunting trip in the Ozarks. Let him experience a packed stadium at game time, a pep rally, tailgating, or Dickson Street after a game. Film Bud Walton when we're playing Kentucky or a big game at Baum. The recruits who visit in the off season don't necessarily get to experience these things. Be creative! Woo pig!
oh wow great idea
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Laughing Hog

I like all the creativeness, but I am guessing we have to be careful about the Nazi(ncaa) rule of creating 'game-like' scenarios or whatever the BS rule is about that.............
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Huckleberry Pig

don't forget to have them film a few frat laps down maple during the gals rush week

SamBuckhart

Very good recruiting tool. Glad we are one of the few. Uncommon
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!