Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ready for some good news today....

Started by hogville38, April 26, 2015, 08:50:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogville38

I'm hoping we get a few nice commits today. Who do you guys see as possible commits today?

PaintballHog

I hope we do. I could see Stoner commiting, but I want more LA guys.

Pigsfeat

After Richard's tease about possible good news this weekend, I have been anxiously waiting for news of a commit! :razorback:
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 26, 2015, 09:10:55 am
I hope we do. I could see Stoner commiting, but I want more LA guys.

I want players that the coaches want wherever they're from. 

Music City Hog

I'm hoping for good news but Danny said he no longer expects multiple commits today like he did yesterday. 

They will come at some point though whether they are today or later.

Vantage 8 dude

Whether we get good news today, tomorrow or sometime in the week(s) ahead I do believe we will get some soon. From what I've read/heard the weekend has been absolutely amazing for most of the recruits. I have to think that several more will soon be calling the Hogs.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Music City Hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 26, 2015, 10:57:49 am
Whether we get good news today, tomorrow or sometime in the week(s) ahead I do believe we will get some soon. From what I've read/heard the weekend has been absolutely amazing for most of the recruits. I have to think that several more will soon be calling the Hogs.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Agreed.  Feedback seems to be very good.

secneahog

Couple guys almost pulled the trigger.

Hearing we could sweep all the Louisiana targets we are currently on.  . .
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hogville38

Quote from: secneahog on April 26, 2015, 11:32:18 am

Would love to keep our Louisiana pipeline flowing. Gotten some great talent from there.

greenie

Quote from: secneahog on April 26, 2015, 11:32:18 am

Isaiah Graham, Caleb Roddy, Kristian Fulton, De'jon Harris, ...?  That seems too much to hope for.  I didn't include Devin White, as he was not at the game, as far as I know, but I'm assuming we're still after him, too.

Huds_HawgTide

I thought white was suppose to be there
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

secneahog

White had a championship track meet the next day so he couldn't come..or he would have been there.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

greenie

Quote from: secneahog on April 26, 2015, 12:32:38 pm
White had a championship track meet the next day so he couldn't come..or he would have been there.

Thanks.  Didn't know that.

john

I went to Razorfest & the game yesterday with my wife & boys. We were in the Broyles Center museum before the game & I bumped into Briston Guidry & Kristian Fulton. Is said hello to them & told my boys who they were, they both seemed very polite, Guidry said he was working on Fulton for us.

Later I was on the field before the game and saw a lot of our recruits up close. Saw Colton Jackson, Austin Cantrell , & TJ Hammonds. Lots of others I didn't recognize.

If any of u saw the movie "Major League" with Charlie Sheen, u remember the scene where the coaches r watching the players arrive at camp, and the coach says " look at this effin guy", I had that reaction yesterday.  This monster of a dude is there, flattop buzzcut with long mullet, jawline beard, looks mean as hell is there but I don't know who he is.  3 hrs later me n family r eatin at Venetian inn & this dude rolls in.  So when we leave I stop by his table & say hi & ask him his name. It's rowdy Frederick from broken arrow. Soft spoken, polite kid but if he's any kind of athlete with a mean streak, Watch out. Said he had offers from Texas Tech & Tulsa & that Bielema was supposed to visit with him in the next day or so. Dude was huge, looks like an nfl lineman right now.

Arctic Hog

Quote from: john on April 26, 2015, 02:24:54 pm
I went to Razorfest & the game yesterday with my wife & boys. We were in the Broyles Center museum before the game & I bumped into Briston Guidry & Kristian Fulton. Is said hello to them & told my boys who they were, they both seemed very polite, Guidry said he was working on Fulton for us.

Later I was on the field before the game and saw a lot of our recruits up close. Saw Colton Jackson, Austin Cantrell , & TJ Hammonds. Lots of others I didn't recognize.

If any of u saw the movie "Major League" with Charlie Sheen, u remember the scene where the coaches r watching the players arrive at camp, and the coach says " look at this effin guy", I had that reaction yesterday.  This monster of a dude is there, flattop buzzcut with long mullet, jawline beard, looks mean as hell is there but I don't know who he is.  3 hrs later me n family r eatin at Venetian inn & this dude rolls in.  So when we leave I stop by his table & say hi & ask him his name. It's rowdy Frederick from broken arrow. Soft spoken, polite kid but if he's any kind of athlete with a mean streak, Watch out. Said he had offers from Texas Tech & Tulsa & that Bielema was supposed to visit with him in the next day or so. Dude was huge, looks like an nfl lineman right now.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/oklahoma-lineman-rowdy-frederick-has-the-best-hair-in-all-of-football-regardless-of-level

LOL, love the quote in this article!  "There's little question that Frederick's hair game is virtually unparalleled. The question will be whether his football talent can keep up. If it does, he could easily become the biggest cult figure in Oklahoma since the Boz. Speaking of which, with great hair comes great responsibility; let's hope Frederick can handle it more smoothly."

hawginbigd1

Somewhat disappointing end to the weekend. Got a big goose egg. Others seemed to have received multiple commits on their spring game weekend.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 27, 2015, 11:06:20 am
Somewhat disappointing end to the weekend. Got a big goose egg. Others seemed to have received multiple commits on their spring game weekend.
While that no doubt would have been nice, before you consider the weekend to be a failure let's wait and see what the coming days have to offer. I'd certainly much rather have a young man take a few days to consider all the terrific things the Hill has to offer rather than possibly commit in the "glow of the moment" only to reconsider later on and realize there are other (better) opportunities out there. Kinda like asking a gal to marry you: you might get caught in the moment ;) ;) only to later on rethink your asking and her possibly accepting. Better to be sure 'cause this is obviously a HUGE decision that will impact the rest of your life.