Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

POLL: SHOULD Mike be fired if he misses the NCAA?

Started by The_Iceman, February 03, 2018, 04:47:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Mediocre Mike be fired if he misses the NCAA tournament?

Yes
408 (71.2%)
No
118 (20.6%)
Frito Pie
47 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 569

The_Iceman

If Mediocre Mike does NOT have some miracle turn around, should we go ahead and fire him now? Next year not looking like a Tournament Team either.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Letsroll1200

hawgball40

genius post, now fcj gonna have to log into all 50 of his alts to keep it respectable.

Coach V. Slocombe

I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

oldbooniehog

Mike Anderson should be COACH FOR LIFE!

FCJ taught me so.

It's simply NOT FAIR to expect Eddie Sutton or Nolan Richardson type results from Mike Anderson.

We should be 110% grateful for every single win Mike Anderson brings us!

Even if we have to wait a while for them.

40MINSOFHELL

Kevin

The Anderson defenders are in the same position the Cbb defenders were in. Just hoping he makes the NCAA tournament then they can say 3 out of 4, just like Cbb defenders were hoping in him to just make a bowl game.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LRrazorback

2 tournament wins in 6 years and not looking like any in year 7. 
Past time for him to go

hawgball40

the people who voted no should be forced to explain their selves.

Sivad

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 03, 2018, 04:52:22 pm
It's simply NOT FAIR to expect Nolan Richardson type results from Mike Anderson.
That's the only reason he was hired. And the reason he can never be fired.

bkjbearcat

YES...but will he? Too many in the state still remember the by gone era of Starter Jackets and Saved by The Bell to let that go.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

ishankem

If no ncaat, yes, fire him and Yurachek can bring in his guy Sampson

grayhawg

He needs to go but it;s not going to happen, there people with influence that don't want him touched.

Ironhawg

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 03, 2018, 04:54:39 pm
the people who voted no should be forced to explain their selves.

I voted Frito Pie.  I see some people posting that Mike sucks or Mike is terrible, but he isn't.  He is ok and not much more.  If this team fails to make the tournament this season it means two NCAA appearances in seven seasons, none past the second round.  That sure doesn't live up to the expectations I had when Mike came here.  If we miss the tournament this year, I think it is time to seek another leader for Arkansas basketball, but I just don't think it happens.  That is why I voted Frito Pie.  Even though he may need to go, it is not likely to happen for no other reason than nostalgia.

HogBeliever625

Let's reserve judgement until the end of the year

GoHogs1091

Anthony Grant got fired at Alabama for making the NCAAT just 1 time in 6 seasons.

Alabama is a football school.

Are we going to tolerate only making it to the NCAAT just 2 times in 7 seasons (if we don't make it this season)?

Remember we are a track & field school and a basketball school.  We take basketball more seriously than Alabama.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on February 03, 2018, 05:06:39 pm
Let's reserve judgement until the end of the year

Reserve judgement? Have you seen the team in the last seven seasons?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

1highhog

He should have been fired after season 4, to go back even further, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.  Will he be fired this year if we miss the tournament, lol, no way in hell.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Sivad

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2018, 05:09:09 pm
He shouldn't have been hired in the first place. 
40 Miles Of Truth in that statement.

GuvHog

Quote from: Coach V. Slocombe on February 03, 2018, 04:49:36 pm
He should have never been hired...

My sentiments exactly.

I voted yes doubt I doubt it happens.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rude1

There is no question he should be fired if he doesn't make the tourney IMO. 2 tourney visits in 7 years should NEVER be acceptable to this program. Has he improved the program? No question. Has it been enough? Absolutely not, he has done just enough to maintain his job IMO, the program is stagnate and has no appearance of making any more advancement.

Beaverfever

Quote from: ishankem on February 03, 2018, 05:01:45 pm
If no ncaat, yes, fire him and Yurachek can bring in his guy Sampson
Dude is a greet coach but apparently bad at cheating.

Sweet Feet

hard to defend his performance, but who was the last coach to get arkansas to the 2nd round twice in his tenure? Just last year, people were talking about how Arkansas had the eventual national champs on the ropes until the refs starting tripping. Just put things in perspective before having a knee jerk reaction.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Kevin on February 03, 2018, 04:53:33 pm
The Anderson defenders are in the same position the Cbb defenders were in. Just hoping he makes the NCAA tournament then they can say 3 out of 4, just like Cbb defenders were hoping in him to just make a bowl game.

No. It was over for B.B. after SC.  This is nothing like it with the defending.   This is closer to Nutt era season 7. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Kevin on February 03, 2018, 04:53:33 pm
Firing our way out of this is the right move, its worked well for us in all sports, oh wait....

hobhog

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on February 03, 2018, 06:01:26 pm
Firing our way out of this is the right move, its worked well for us in all sports, oh wait....

So don't try? Just accept being an also ran.? Frank Broyles would fire you.....and it would be deserved.

Breems

I'm curious if you guys think Billy Kennedy should be fired if A&M misses the tournament this year.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

TushCrush

Quote from: Breems on February 03, 2018, 06:10:59 pm
I'm curious if you guys think Billy Kennedy should be fired if A&M misses the tournament this year.
That's an interesting question. A&M and Arkansas records are almost identical. I would say hell no. TAMU is lucky to have him. If it was chrome dome creep Andy Kennedy I would say fire now ha ha ha.

BigBlueHell

We should not be hoping to get into the NCAA tournament every year.  Missing the tournament should be the exception not the norm.  Under Heath, Pelfrey, and Anderson it has been the exception.  I'm tired of that.  We need a coach that is going to make missing the tournament and exception.  The last 15 years has really caused me to be indifferent towards the basketball team.  I want a team I can get excited about.   
My 2 favorite teams...my Arkansas Razorbacks and whoever is playing Kentucky.

1highhog

Breems, look dude, I know you're a Mike Anderson defender and would just about except him going 0fer just like FCJ.  But, you're comparing Apple's to boiled eggs here.  Arkansas basketball has been to the promised land and in much of the 90's was a top 5 program, Texas A&M in basketball is not even a step sister compared to Arkansas success.  So please don't compare the two programs or what the two should expect.  Texas A&M should be happy with an above 50% winning season every year and that's it.

Atlhogfan1

A&M should hire Buzz Williams ASAP.  If they cared about basketball. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Breems

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2018, 06:34:18 pm
Breems, look dude, I know you're a Mike Anderson defender and would just about except him going 0fer just like FCJ.  But, you're comparing Apple's to boiled eggs here.  Arkansas basketball has been to the promised land and in much of the 90's was a top 5 program, Texas A&M in basketball is not even a step sister compared to Arkansas success.  So please don't compare the two programs or what the two should expect.  Texas A&M should be happy with an above 50% winning season every year and that's it.

It was a simple question for a situation comparable to ours.

FYI, I left the coaching wars a few years ago and have no interest in defending CMA.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Justifiable Hogicide

The normal principles of hiring and firing (for failure to produce) quite obviously do not apply to the Arkansas/Nolan Richardson/Mike Anderson triangle.

jboler96

No bc we are finally getting out of the cellar. Hoping the hogs get to the tournament. Projected to still be in even with 8-10 record.

hog47

Quote from: bkjbearcat on February 03, 2018, 05:08:39 pm
Reserve judgement? Have you seen the team in the last seven seasons?
Have you lost what's left of your mind? Your what's called a "True Believer ". Anderson is trying to be and coach like Nolan but, he will never be him. Get real

ChicoHog

HDN's tenure is a great comparison.  Both win some games they shouldn't but lose a lot they shouldn't.  Their teams play inconsistent at best.   They are "players" coaches and motivate well but are weak on strategy and are both extremely stubborn to change their ways. The main differences are that Anderson is a good guy and Nutt is a dirt bag. 

BigBlueHell

Quote from: jboler96 on February 03, 2018, 06:53:29 pm
No bc we are finally getting out of the cellar. Hoping the hogs get to the tournament. Projected to still be in even with 8-10 record.

In 7 years how many times has CMA made the tournament?  How many times has he made the tournament in consecutive years?  Until he makes the tournament in 4 or 5 consecutive years it will still be the exception for CMA.  For the Hogs to get to 8-10 in conference they have to finish at 4-4.  I don't see a  definite win left on the schedule.
My 2 favorite teams...my Arkansas Razorbacks and whoever is playing Kentucky.

1highhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 03, 2018, 07:08:26 pm
HDN's tenure is a great comparison.  Both win some games they shouldn't but lose a lot they shouldn't.  Their teams play inconsistent at best.   They are "players" coaches and motivate well but are weak on strategy and are both extremely stubborn to change their ways. The main differences are that Anderson is a good guy and Nutt is a dirt bag. 

There is so much truth to this post, I can't believe I didn't say it.  ;D

TheEnemy

I voted no simply because....how do you give a guy an extension and fire him in the same season.....We put ourselves between a rock and a hard spot.

bhogs05

hawgball40

pretty accurate imo

pigmania

With 7 seniors on this team, then I say yes. If you can't make it to the tournament with 7 seniors then you need to go.

lookawayquick

On the money!

HogBreath

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 03, 2018, 04:52:22 pm
Mike Anderson should be COACH FOR LIFE!

FCJ taught me so.

It's simply NOT FAIR to expect Eddie Sutton or Nolan Richardson type results from Mike Anderson.

We should be 110% grateful for every single win Mike Anderson brings us!

Even if we have to wait a while for them.

Mike will get it fixed.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HogBreath

Quote from: TheEnemy on February 03, 2018, 07:25:23 pm
I voted no simply because....how do you give a guy an extension and fire him in the same season.....We put ourselves between a rock and a hard spot.
Probably a better idea to hand out extensions right after the season instead of just before the season.  Sheesh..hedge your bets.

But then again Long was one more dumb excuse for an AD.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

latrops

They would be justified in doing so.

Whether they should depends on whether you believe things will get better going forward.  I don't know enough about their roster or recruiting to have much of an opinion.  I do know that this year they were missing a couple of key players during their bad start in conference play.  They are a good team when healthy, but dug themselves a hole that may have been too deep.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

1highhog

Quote from: latrops on February 03, 2018, 07:44:17 pm
They would be justified in doing so.

Whether they should depends on whether you believe things will get better going forward.  I don't know enough about their roster or recruiting to have much of an opinion.  I do know that this year they were missing a couple of key players during their bad start in conference play.  They are a good team when healthy, but dug themselves a hole that may have been too deep.

It was our new AD not Long that gave Anderson the extension.