Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tweet by Mike Anderson Jr about Monk

Started by wpswillriseagain, February 24, 2018, 09:42:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wpswillriseagain

https://twitter.com/mike_andersonjr/status/967269667319566337

"If it ever got out about how Monk really landed at uk.... mane I'm not gonna tell that tell.. but it would hurt a lot of the Arkansas fanbase's feelings if you knew. Better to let bygones be bygones sometimes 🤷🏾‍♂️"

wpswillriseagain

Inferring what we all figured was the case

onebadrubi

Quote from: wpswillriseagain on February 24, 2018, 09:42:50 am
Inferring what we all figured was the case

The fact that he said it would hurt a lot of Arkansas fanbase feelings is a little interesting.  At this point knowing he got paid wouldn't hurt feelings anymore, so I'm not really sure what he is inferring there

upperdeck_hawg

Why would it hurt our feelings. If we refused to get into a bidding war, it would do the opposite.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

mykidsdad

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 24, 2018, 09:59:02 am
Why would it hurt our feelings. If we refused to get into a bidding war, it would do the opposite.

I don't know for sure, but perhaps people would feel bad at being sold out for money by a person in the state that was going to get rich anyway the next year. I know that bothered me because it didn't make any sense. He was going lottery the next year regardless if he went to Kentucky or Arkansas or even sat out.

AlmaHog2011

It wouldn't it's accepted that he was paid to go to Kentucky. Or his slimy brother actually got paid also.

I took it to mean something other than getting paid? But he's always in NWA so what is he insinuating?  Pretty sure he's not taking a shot at Kentucky.

wpswillriseagain

I've always believed they (UK) was paying Marcus or whispering in his ear that he would become rich and that Malik wanted to go to U of A but Marcus talked him out of it. I thought that was the "business" decision. Because Malik knew was going to be rich but was making sure his brother had a shot to get rich as well.

hamARchy in the USA

One would think that MA would've turned them in if he knew anything.  Maybe he did and it will eventually get out.  The tweet looks more like an effort to distract attention from MA's shortcomings.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: wpswillriseagain on February 24, 2018, 10:24:16 am
https://twitter.com/mike_andersonjr/status/967272085520375810
[tweet][/tweet]

That is worse sounding. The crying with joy emoji IMO is taking a shot at Arkansas. It's not even what we think it was???? So something not to do with money from Kentucky is what he is saying. Not even what we think? ..Not sure what he's doing but it's not a good thing what he is saying.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on February 24, 2018, 10:25:38 am
One would think that MA would've turned them in if he knew anything.  Maybe he did and it will eventually get out.  The tweet looks more like an effort to distract attention from MA's shortcomings.

Evidently his son is saying it's not that Kentucky paid him it's something that he thinks is funny..Something bad about Arkansas but he thinks it's really funny??

greasy_corner

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 24, 2018, 10:31:48 am
Evidently his son is saying it's not that Kentucky paid him it's something that he thinks is funny..Something bad about Arkansas but he thinks it's really funny??

I see someone got a Jumping to Conclusions mat for Christmas.  jk

jst01

Hell it coulda been something as simple as Monk didn't like AR and wanted to get out ASAP. Not sure it should matter at this point.

HogsonHicks

What is the point of the tweet at this point?  Just a ridiculous stirring of the pot without providing any facts.

He could be a fantastic Hogville poster.

PharmacistHog

Sounds like he oughta just shut the hell up honestly. Not a good look for mike, in my opinion.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: greasy_corner on February 24, 2018, 10:39:55 am
I see someone got a Jumping to Conclusions mat for Christmas.  jk

Common sense reading. I really have no clue just saying how I read it. If you read it different then OK. No hard feelings.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 24, 2018, 10:11:09 am
I don't know for sure, but perhaps people would feel bad at being sold out for money by a person in the state that was going to get rich anyway the next year. I know that bothered me because it didn't make any sense. He was going lottery the next year regardless if he went to Kentucky or Arkansas or even sat out.

Bingo...

PRJ

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 24, 2018, 10:57:42 am
Sounds like he oughta just shut the hell up honestly. Not a good look for mike, in my opinion.

I agree

hawganatic

Whatever he is trying to say with that tweet, it's not good that the son of the head coach at Arkansas is sending out cryptic tweets about something that happened two years ago.

It appears he is trying to say something bad about Arkansas.  Either that Arkansas isn't as good as KY (that would essentially be a shot at his own father) or that there is something wrong with Arkansas that Monk didn't like.

Just really weird that the head coach's son would tweet anything that could cast any kind of shade on his own father's program.

26.2Hog

Quote from: HogsonHicks on February 24, 2018, 10:54:36 am
What is the point of the tweet at this point?  Just a ridiculous stirring of the pot without providing any facts.

Yeah, I also don't understand the purpose of a mystic tweet like that.

It looks like he's trying to draw attention to himself with the old "I know something fascinating that you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you what it is."

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hawganatic on February 24, 2018, 11:18:34 am
Whatever he is trying to say with that tweet, it's not good that the son of the head coach at Arkansas is sending out cryptic tweets about something that happened two years ago.

It appears he is trying to say something bad about Arkansas.  Either that Arkansas isn't as good as KY (that would essentially be a shot at his own father) or that there is something wrong with Arkansas that Monk didn't like.

Just really weird that the head coach's son would tweet anything that could cast any kind of shade on his own father's program.

Its not a good look no matter what he means or how he means it. Either he is casting his dad in a bad light or he is talking trash about ky and Mike has always been classy and above that crap. That would tarnish that somewhat. Just wish he wouldnt put anything out there.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: 26.2Hog on February 24, 2018, 11:20:45 am
It looks like he's trying to draw attention to himself with the old "I know something fascinating that you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you what it is."

Sounds like some of our coaching search updates!

BoarEd

I've seen several people make claims like this. Enough that it leads me to believe the truth of theatter goes well beyond money. Something bigger. I personally would like to know what went down. I'm assuming it has something to do with these recent revelations but isn't necessarily related to money. The timing of the tweet is interesting.

I heard it last year that if this story got out crap would hit the fan.

BoarEd

On second thought, I wonder if the Monk family hadn't entered into some financial arrangement with Kentucky well before they took the job and moved to NWA and Monk knew the entire time he would go to Kentucky but used the UofA in the meantime, leading everyone to believe he may play in Fayetteville.

I imagine that would piss quite a few folks off.

The Hogfather

Marcus.  Ex-Razorback sold us out for money and because he thought he could further his "agent career".

racinghog

Now wait just a minute, isn't Monk in the NBA and are they not in the middle of their season? If so why was he wreaking on the UA campus this week?

hulk hog

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 24, 2018, 12:01:36 pm
Marcus.  Ex-Razorback sold us out for money and because he thought he could further his "agent career".
No such thing as an Ex-Razorback...
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

mykidsdad

Quote from: hulk hog on February 24, 2018, 12:21:49 pm

There is when you push your younger 5-star bother to a rival for profit.

batmanfan

And somehow Monk was still sitting courtside at a home game a few games back.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

racinghog

1highhog

Quote from: wpswillriseagain on February 24, 2018, 09:42:03 am
https://twitter.com/mike_andersonjr/status/967269667319566337

"If it ever got out about how Monk really landed at uk.... mane I'm not gonna tell that tell.. but it would hurt a lot of the Arkansas fanbase's feelings if you knew. Better to let bygones be bygones sometimes 🤷🏾‍♂️"

How old is Jr.?   He can't spell worth crap.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Tusks

Why the hell isn't Marcus being an agent?  He's just peddling his AAU wares for money to the business in NWA.

Where's the agent business?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

BoarEd

Quote from: Polecat on February 24, 2018, 12:48:05 pm
He got a 2002 Lexus to go to Kentucky?

That wasn't his car. He can afford to fly with his NBA bucks now.

pigture perfect

Quote from: hulk hog on February 24, 2018, 12:21:49 pm
you may be right. He is a Razorback.......Hall of Shame Member. He is a rarity.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razorback1829

Quote from: batmanfan on February 24, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
And somehow Monk was still sitting courtside at a home game a few games back.

There was a reason for that. Took somebody with some serious juice to get him and his mother courtside like that.

TushCrush

Quote from: BoarEd on February 24, 2018, 11:58:00 am
On second thought, I wonder if the Monk family hadn't entered into some financial arrangement with Kentucky well before they took the job and moved to NWA and Monk knew the entire time he would go to Kentucky but used the UofA in the meantime, leading everyone to believe he may play in Fayetteville.

Dilly dilly ...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PorkRinds

Anyone that thinks Jr. is taking a shot at Arkansas or his dad is a bit confused.  He's linking it with this current scandal. Marcus was up to his neck in it, obviously.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

batmanfan

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 24, 2018, 01:41:46 pm
There was a reason for that. Took somebody with some serious juice to get him and his mother courtside like that.

What would the reason be?
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on February 24, 2018, 12:28:09 pm
Which Monk will be off that week every year of his career.

Is the D league off that week?

razorback1829

Quote from: batmanfan on February 24, 2018, 02:15:11 pm
What would the reason be?

Had to be one of Ark big boosters. Only way he gets courtside seats IMO. That's the way I read it.

a0ashle

That tweet could easily be taken as laughing at monk, maybe he didn't get what he was promised or maybe it was such a childish mundane reason. Point is, it's hard to figure what he implies with that, and maybe that's as far as we should go with this.

Mike Irwin

I'm going to take a guess because it's the only thing that makes sense given the nature of both tweets. Maybe some Arkansas boosters crossed the line. Mike Anderson found out about it and informed Malik that he had no choice but to withdraw his offer.

Marcus confronted me about a year ago insisting that I didn't know the real story. He was pretty convincing though he never offered to tell me his version of the real story.

One more thing: Marcus and Malik don't seem to have any issues hanging out in NWA. It's almost like certain people know what happened and realize there's no reason to bash them.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: jst01 on February 24, 2018, 10:52:44 am
Hell it coulda been something as simple as Monk didn't like AR and wanted to get out ASAP. Not sure it should matter at this point.

Right...I imaging most of us no longer care about Monk and all that crap. Yeah, it pissed me off at the time, and I always wished ill-will on that p-of-s, but I'm over it. So why is MAJr talking like he's reopening an old wound?

Quote from: BoarEd on February 24, 2018, 11:58:00 am

Again, I think most people imagined any number of scenarios and one (or all) could be correct. I can't think there would be something that could come out now that would "hurt my heart." I'd be interested to know if anyone gives a rat's ass about MM any more.

Edit—per Mike Irwin's post—that might be an interesting twist. Say the entire Monk family DID want to come to Arkansas all along, but something else forced that off the rails. That might change things.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 24, 2018, 02:35:24 pm
I'm going to take a guess because it's the only thing that makes sense given the nature of both tweets. Maybe some Arkansas boosters crossed the line. Mike Anderson found out about it and informed Malik that he had no choice but to withdraw his offer.

Marcus confronted me about a year ago insisting that I didn't know the real story. He was pretty convincing though he never offered to tell me his version of the real story.

One more thing: Marcus and Malik don't seem to have any issues hanging out in NWA. It's almost like certain people know what happened and realize there's no reason to bash them.

Very interesting. Plausible too.

daprospecta

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 24, 2018, 02:35:24 pm

I played with Marcus on the hill and while I wouldn't say we were close friends, I'd call us associates and we know a lot of the same people.  He's a good dude. I can't speak to the business deals etc but I can truly believe this scenario.