Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring game

Started by Mr.Gruntastic, February 14, 2018, 10:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Gruntastic

Has the topic of rotating the spring game between Fayetteville, War Memorial, and Jerry World been discussed? 

Why even have the spring game in Fayetteville?  Hogs have year around exposure to NWA.  It would be beyond valuable to have it at Jerry World.  Huge alumni base.  Then fill it up with high school coaches and their players from around the area.  It would give us a bigger advantage over other out of state teams recruiting east Texas.   

sowmonella

We had to get special permission from the SEC to have the game in LR because of construction at RRS. One time deal.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

SooieGeneris

Quote from: sowmonella on February 14, 2018, 10:53:00 pm
We had to get special permission from the SEC to have the game in LR because of construction at RRS. One time deal.

Yes, that wouldn't fly with the NCAA. If that was allowed, Harbaugh would have spring games in every major city in the South..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

liljo

Yes sir, got to be in Fayette Nam under normal circumstances. That's why I am so excited about it this year. It will be 45 miles from my house, and the weather is going to be perfect (...right...). No matter the conditions, I'm going to be there. I'm going to "tailgate" what is actually a glorified practice!

I'm excited about it. So, if you come, look for the smoke and come on over. You might even get a burger or dawg!

Go Hogs!
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 14, 2018, 11:32:23 pm
Yes, that wouldn't fly with the NCAA. If that was allowed, Harbaugh would have spring games in every major city in the South..

Didn't he just have camps and scrimmages in Europe?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

jhippy

Texas Tech had their Spring game last year at the Star(Cowboys Facility) in Frisco. If it is an Ncaa thing how did they do that? I think it is an SEC rule that is keeping us from doing something like mentioned in the top of the tread.

Nashville Fan

NCAA doesn't say you can't have them other places. It just limits what you can do with recruits at them. Harbaugh had one in Rome Italy last year.
Pittman or Bust!

Boardon Hamsay

We simply aren't getting the exposure we need in Fiji. I'm for moving the spring game to Suva.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hawgXi

Quote from: sowmonella on February 14, 2018, 10:53:00 pm

thanx for the explanation.

makes it one to remember!

Hawgphat

The Spring "Game" is no longer a "game"; it is a carefully scripted and choreographed exhibition.  Still, it is a visual preview cameo introductory presentation showcasing the upcoming roster personnel who will be gracing the field in earnest on our behalf about four months hence.

It's all good.

idochog

Quote from: Nashville Fan on February 18, 2018, 02:36:42 pm
NCAA doesn't say you can't have them other places. It just limits what you can do with recruits at them. Harbaugh had one in Rome Italy last year.

It's a sec rule. You are not allowed to have spring practice off campus including Spring game. We got an exception this year due to construction on RRS
I love Jesus!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on February 18, 2018, 04:27:25 pm
We simply aren't getting the exposure we need in Fiji. I'm for moving the spring game to Suva.

And fly all the donors/season ticket holders there for free........
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I thought the NCAA limits teams to only playing scrimmages in stadiums where they play  home games. That makes Little Rock a rare case since we play home games there as well
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 19, 2018, 08:32:33 am
I thought the NCAA limits teams to only playing scrimmages in stadiums where they play  home games. That makes Little Rock a rare case since we play home games there as well

We play home games at Jerry World, too.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 19, 2018, 08:32:33 am
The SEC does, not the NCAA. We had to get permission from the conference to had It there. I think Texas Tech had there's at Frisco last year.

Nashville Fan

Think all the big 5 conferences passed this rule in 2017 after Michigan did their thing. So relatively new rule.
Pittman or Bust!

Razorback7281

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2018, 08:47:42 am
The SEC does, not the NCAA. We had to get permission from the conference to had It there. I think Texas Tech had there's at Frisco last year.
Tech has also had theirs in Midland before.  Anything to get out of Lubbock, not that Midland is much better.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.