Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tx HS coaches not happy w Jimbo

Started by twistitup, December 14, 2017, 05:27:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ATU HOG

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 14, 2017, 12:43:27 pm
My son coaches middle school football and some of his players play for select teams which the parents pay. The problem he's seen is that these amateur wannabe coaches do nothing to develop these kids! He had a kid who was a LB and did not know how to read his keys and was out of position during games. He said his select coach told him just to react and couldn't understand why my son was trying to get him to do something different. Do you really want a UPS driver teaching your son the fundamentals of football? This is what the Texas H.S. coaches are fighting. These select teams are only in it to line their pockets and set themselves up to affect recruiting.
1000% the world of high school coaches. 

saintchristopher

Think about it, in all these years of aTm supposedly having all the funds and resources to compete for conference titles, win national titles, and, in general, have the cult in a frenzy, when have they ever been a dominant force?  They are, at best, an 8 win program.  Always has been, always will be. F them and their boots

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 14, 2017, 12:44:42 pm
Saban has coached his team to 5 and won 4 NCs in a MUCH tougher conference/division.  A little different than Fisher's resume at FSU.  FSU only has 1 appearance in a NC game.  And, again, they also have a much easier road.
And he's had more talent than anybody. Especially the ole miss, A&M, and Auburn teams he's lost to. Every coach loses to teams with less talent. I think the ACC is the 2nd toughest football conference. They've produced National Champions and Hiesman winners during the middle of the SEC's reign. Not everybody can play an SEC schedule. It's the toughest league by far. FSU plays Florida every year. They played Alabama, Ole Miss, OU, Ok St during OOC. Beat Auburn, Notre Dame, and Michigan in bowl games. For people wanting other people to play SEC schedules stop being naive. It's what makes the league unique.

Again, he's won the second most games in the country during his time there. What is good to you? Going undefeated? 95%  winning percentage? What? What is performing well? What is not "underperforming?"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 14, 2017, 08:30:08 am
Jimbo is goofy.  Do you remember all the denials he made concerning his shop lifting, raping QB? 

He just kept looking stupid defending him.  There are some funny videos of him denying anything happened with the shoplifting and then the proof coming out.

Jimbo is going to flop there.  He is overrated.  I'm so glad they got him.
same. they totally shoulda hired morris.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 14, 2017, 09:06:33 am
already shown how dirty they are - to continue business with them while under FBI inquiry is either awe-inspiring chutzpah or they're just in a really big hurry to step on their own dicks.
holy darn, i havent seen you post in years.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Cotton

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 14, 2017, 12:43:27 pm
My son coaches middle school football and some of his players play for select teams which the parents pay. The problem he's seen is that these amateur wannabe coaches do nothing to develop these kids! He had a kid who was a LB and did not know how to read his keys and was out of position during games. He said his select coach told him just to react and couldn't understand why my son was trying to get him to do something different. Do you really want a UPS driver teaching your son the fundamentals of football? This is what the Texas H.S. coaches are fighting. These select teams are only in it to line their pockets and set themselves up to affect recruiting.
Coaching on a middle school select team vs Adidas sponsored 7v7 team is miles different.  Most of these elite teams we're talking about are coached and assisted by former pro athletes.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: code red on December 14, 2017, 10:19:09 am
LOL....Frito pie....A@M is about to become a Juggernaut.
LOL!!! Dude, they are Aggy. They will always Aggy. Even Arkansas owns them bawz.

Paul

Quote from: The NewEra on December 14, 2017, 08:59:52 am
Fisher is taking over a program that already, under Sumlin, has a discipline problem.  Past history say discipline is not Fisher's strong suit.  I lived in Texas for over 25 years.  They are good, wholesome, religious people.  Don't expect the coaches around the state to support an aTm program that has kids getting into trouble on a regular basis.  His presence in  aTm may bode well for CCM and staff.
heh. They'll tolerate anything if they win

Hoggish1

Quote from: oldhawg on December 14, 2017, 10:23:00 am
Underperformed?  He averaged over ten wins a season and won a national championship in the eight years he was at Florida State.  Nationally, I would say that puts him pretty high on the performance list.

He didn't win big games.

He didn't motivate his players.

He sapped his player's confidence.

He won that one NC but he should have won two more with the talent he recruited (see above three points). 

Bottom line is FSU owned the state (at the time FSU was the No. 1 draw in FL.) when he was there but he could only win one national championship.  That loss to Oregon was an embarassment for Jimbo and it was down hill from that point forward.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 14, 2017, 10:43:30 am
Well, it is relative.  When you look at his talent and the league he was playing in, you could definitely make a good argument that he underperformed.

According to Rivals, FSU recruiting classes were:

2011:  2
2012:  6
2013: 10
2014:  4
2015:  3
2016:  2
2017:  5

Really, he had 2 really good years, 1 great year, and the rest he definitely underperformed based on the recruiting rankings.  Even the really good years and great year could be questioned because of the schedules they played.  They weren't very good at all.

I wouldn't go as far as what you said in the last sentence.  But all the rest is accurate.  If anybody thinks he will recruit to TAMU as well as he did to FSU, they are fooling themselves.

goodguytex

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on December 14, 2017, 07:42:37 am
In all honesty, Fisher scares me no more than Sumlin. I think Jimbo is an overrated, pompous jackass.  I hope he pisses off every coach in Texas, all while A&M pays him the $75 mill.
I'm agreeing completely. I think he's way overrated. And if he were to ever land as HC at a place like say for instance Arkansas.... I doubt he'd be successful at all.

That's why he only takes top notch gigs like Florida State and Texas A&M. He has enough sense to know he couldn't have it at a place where he really has to work hard. In my estimation, he's around the same level as Bo Pellini.

Razorback_Mack

December 14, 2017, 04:36:49 pm #61 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:35:34 pm by Razorback_Mack
Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 14, 2017, 02:10:35 pm
He didn't win big games.

He didn't motivate his players.

He sapped his player's confidence.

He won that one NC but he should have won two more with the talent he recruited (see above three points). 

Bottom line is FSU owned the state (at the time FSU was the No. 1 draw in FL.) when he was there but he could only win one national championship.  That loss to Oregon was an embarassment for Jimbo and it was down hill from that point forward.
Oh so he should've beat Saban in those two NC's who had more talent lol. And win more NC's than Bobby Bowden did in over 30 years. Makes perfect sense  ;D

311Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 14, 2017, 09:06:33 am
already shown how dirty they are - to continue business with them while under FBI inquiry is either awe-inspiring chutzpah or they're just in a really big hurry to step on their own dicks. 

THE KING IS BACK