Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You're a mean one...

Started by WoooPigSooieShane, December 13, 2017, 12:01:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WoooPigSooieShane

https://twitter.com/JessamynMcIntyr/status/940983283113803776

Haven't heard Grinch's name in connection with us in any real substantial way.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Hugo Bezdek

I would be very happy with that hire. He runs the kind of attacking defense that I think we're going to need at Arkansas.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RaisinHog

Wildhog

He meets two very important criteria.

A) Fielded a good defense with talent inferior to his competition
B) Did it on a spread team
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on December 13, 2017, 12:05:39 pm
He meets two very important criteria.

A) Fielded a good defense with talent inferior to his competition
B) Did it on a spread team
he's right there at the top of the list after venables/foster. May even be a better fit.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

WOOPIGDOOIE

Oliver

Would love the hire!  That tweets implies we have offered him the job?

Wildhog

Quote from: Oliver on December 13, 2017, 12:13:06 pm
Would love the hire!  That tweets implies we have offered him the job?

That's what it says.  We need to get him.  Screw TAMU.
1909/1964/1965/1977

WOOPIGDOOIE

If true, does that mean Venables is for sure not a option? Cant see offering the job to Grinch if Venables wanted the job

Wildhog

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 13, 2017, 12:14:42 pm
If true, does that mean Venables is for sure not a option? Cant see offering the job to Grinch if Venables wanted the job

Venables was always a pipe dream.  Grinch would be a home run.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 13, 2017, 12:14:42 pm
yes, i cant imagine we'd ever in 1000 years get a grinch/venables co-DC situation.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Wildhog on December 13, 2017, 12:15:24 pm
Venables was always a pipe dream.  Grinch would be a home run.
I agree. But there is nothing wrong with dreaming from time to time. I would be very happy with Grinch

greenie

He's got a bowl game Dec 28th with WSU. 
I'd love to at least know before then if he's the guy....please, please, please be the guy!

Pork Ranger

hogfansince79

Looks like an aggressive defense...

42nd    -  r yds/g       -  146.2
47th  -  pts/g         -    24.4
15th  -  yds/g         -    313.6
12th    -  sacks         -  36 (3.00 avg)
7th  -  tacklefl/g     -    8.2
89th   -  redzonedef  -  .865
6th  -  turnovers    -    27
17th    -  def td        -   3
1st    -  3rd dn def  -  .248
25th  -  4th dn def  -  .412
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Airforcehawg

Might it be that he is CCM #1 choice and the delay in naming a DC is due to giving him time to make the decision between us and A&M....

Wildhog

He's fielding good defenses with some of the worst talent in the Pac-12.  I mean, they are dramatically out-talented in almost every conference game. 

Perfect for Arkansas.
1909/1964/1965/1977

TRUBZ

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on December 13, 2017, 12:01:27 pm

This would be a great hire.  I mentioned him in another thread.  Look at the talent level he has at Wazzu and what he's squeezed out of them.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Wildhog on December 13, 2017, 12:26:38 pm
He's fielding good defenses with some of the worst talent in the Pac-12.  I mean, they are dramatically out-talented in almost every conference game. 

Perfect for Arkansas.

I was speaking to his buyout earlier. But on the surface this looks like a great fit

Wildhog

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 13, 2017, 12:28:56 pm
I was speaking to his buyout earlier. But on the surface this looks like a great fit

Sorry, thought you were talking about salary.  m'bad.
1909/1964/1965/1977

younghog

Would be a nice fit.. Make this happen.

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

Pork Ranger

Missouri alum right? Hopefully he wants to be closer to home

jjdlc

Yes,  he's one of the ones at the top of my list.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I been mentioning the Grinch in every thread possible. Kid is a rising star. We need young, innovative, energetic. He fits the bill. Wrap him up

Good article I posted in another thread.  Speed D

https://dailyevergreen.com/20210/sports/grinch-brings-different-mentality-to-wsu-defense/
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GuvHog

Quote from: jjdlc on December 13, 2017, 12:31:36 pm
Yes,  he's one of the ones at the top of my list.

He would indeed be a great hire.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Razorbackers

navyhog24

This guy or Venables would make the Chad Morris hire a home run. I know he doesn't have the big name yet, but he is a darn good DC

SooieGeneris

If Venables said no, which I assume he would, this guy would be next on my list.

Young guy with DC coordinator experience in a Power 5 conference. check.

SEC experience. check.

Good pedigree. check.

Grinch and Matt Campbell were teammates at Mt. Union in Ohio, a perennial winner in their division of CFB, DIII I think.

The only problem is if we get into a bidding war with A&M, they have very deep pockets. If they want him, they will throw a lot of $$$ at him. They don't have aTm on their helmets for nothing.

Of course, those geeky milkmen cheerleaders have their hands in their pockets playing pocket pool mostly..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 13, 2017, 12:30:59 pm
Missouri alum right? Hopefully he wants to be closer to home

He played for Mount Union which won three D-III National Championships while he there. But his uncle is Gary Pinkel and he was a position coach at Mizzou before taking the DC job as WSU.

jkstock04

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on December 13, 2017, 12:01:27 pm

Weighing an offer? (If this is true) What this tells me is we don't have a committed DC in waiting.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dwight_K_Shrute

Looking at replies to the tweet from WSU fans they.

1.  Do not want to lose him, and know he has helped make them successful.

2.  They really don't like Brock Huard.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jkstock04

This would be a logical sense of a hire. Not sure about "best DC in the country" but this would mold perfectly with what we are going to be doing. WSUs defense is underrated in many ways...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 13, 2017, 12:41:29 pm

The only problem is if we get into a bidding war with A&M, they have very deep pockets. If they want him, they will throw a lot of $$$ at him. They don't have aTm on their helmets for nothing.

Eff them, get into a bidding war.  It's a win win for us, we either make them pay through the nose or we get a superstar DC.  We saved a nice bit on CM's salary so we could go $1 mil plus.

Hawginj

Sure hope we get him....WPS!

DuckTalesLOL

December 13, 2017, 12:48:03 pm #40 Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:43:58 pm by DuckTalesLOL
Has reportably been offered by Arkansas - http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/scoop-wednesday-december-13-2017/

Has a Top 15 defense(http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22) and is familar with fast paced offenses.

Update from Football Scoop Sources tell FootballScoop Texas A&M has their eyes on another person and that Grinch was never offered Texas A&M defensive coordinator.

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hopeful Hog

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 13, 2017, 12:41:06 pm
This guy or Venables would make the Chad Morris hire a home run. I know he doesn't have the big name yet, but he is a darn good DC
best name in college football for a DC.

JONAS

jkstock04

So some "source info" here so take it for what it's worth. He has interviewed for Arkansas and A&M DC jobs this week. Has also interviewed for the Layfayette head coaching position.

What I don't get is A&M? Has Jimbo Fisher gave Chavis the axe?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hawginj

Besides Venables or Foster this is the best hire CM could make. If it doesn't happen go get Golding and we will still be in great shape

Grunt

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 13, 2017, 12:04:46 pm
I would be very happy with that hire. He runs the kind of attacking defense that I think we're going to need at Arkansas.
Good reason. Sacks are great for the morale of the D.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

sickboy