Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First time

Started by FullTiltBoogie, December 07, 2017, 09:52:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 08, 2017, 07:10:37 am
This goes out to all new posters some of us that have been on the board since 06 or longer aren't going to automatically just roll over and accept you stick around and prove yourself before you come around thinking you can set us strait. We have been posting that's what keeps the board moving and alive.  And if you are such long time readers you would respect that.

Wow. Really?

mhsbc59

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on December 10, 2017, 08:40:39 am
This seems like a reasonable post but I'll demonstrate why I agreeably disagree:

Did you support all of Obama's policies when he became President of these United States? I certainly didn't.
Do you support all of Trump's policies and tweets?
I certainly don't.
I support America and, to the extent Obama and Trump help America, I have supported them.

I'm a fanatic for the state of Arkansas and the Arkansas Razorbacks. I'm not a fanboy for any president or head coach. I've lived long enough to see that most people are sheep and just follow the crowd. The University of Arkansas has given Coach Chad Morris the next 4-5 years to prove his worth to the Razorbacks. I will support him when he's right and be critical when he's not.

I haven't been impressed so far - he's a Houston Nutt without the charisma - a Caspar Milquetoast John Pelphrey-like hire who should have remained a small college head coach or, at best, an assistant coach. There are many others out there lurking who feel the same way but are too afraid to speak up now - protecting their low Smite Counts like Smaug protecting his vast hoard of treasure!

This you said what I have been trying to and to inhogswetrust you could learn here
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

mhsbc59

Quote from: hobhog on December 10, 2017, 08:43:26 am
Wow. Really?

You don't sarcasm or take jokes really well do u lol
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

oldhawg

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on December 10, 2017, 08:40:39 am
This seems like a reasonable post but I'll demonstrate why I agreeably disagree:

Did you support all of Obama's policies when he became President of these United States? I certainly didn't.
Do you support all of Trump's policies and tweets?
I certainly don't.
I support America and, to the extent Obama and Trump help America, I have supported them.

I'm a fanatic for the state of Arkansas and the Arkansas Razorbacks. I'm not a fanboy for any president or head coach. I've lived long enough to see that most people are sheep and just follow the crowd. The University of Arkansas has given Coach Chad Morris the next 4-5 years to prove his worth to the Razorbacks. I will support him when he's right and be critical when he's not.

I haven't been impressed so far - he's a Houston Nutt without the charisma - a Caspar Milquetoast John Pelphrey-like hire who should have remained a small college head coach or, at best, an assistant coach. There are many others out there lurking who feel the same way but are too afraid to speak up now - protecting their low Smite Counts like Smaug protecting his vast hoard of treasure!

You are right, we as fans just don't know yet about Morris as head coach of the Razorbacks.  Time will tell.

Will Morris be a Gus Malzahn (successful high school coach who made the big time in college football) or a Gerry Faust (successful high school coach who was a bust at Notre Dame)?  Time will tell.

Much like you, I will continue my Razorback support regardless of who is coach (and support Morris since he is head coach), at least until I see some results.  But unlike you, the more I learn about him, the more I am impressed.  My hope is that Morris will be highly successful.   

But regardless, I'll still be a Razorback fan.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 10, 2017, 08:04:42 am
Wow you are a real piece of work. First yes I will have a pension but I also invest and my portfolio is doing pretty good right now.  Next how said is it that you are have to go to personal insults to, I really don't know your end goal.   I'm glad you own your own small business really you games are the economy back bone. But think your insulting me for working for the government your not.

You have insulted our new coach and thus in relation have disrespected the players and program. Don't call me a piece of work without looking in the mirror. I'm not insulting you for working for the government. My granddad worked for Ouachita County. My great uncle was the director of one of the divisions of the Arkansas Highway Department. I have had several members of my family teach and work in schools. My nephew is a high school band director for one of if not the largest in the state of Arkansas. My father in Law a disabled veteran worked for the civil service a long time. The difference is I've never heard any of them go around dogging others that did and/or do work for the government including coaches that have just been hired just because they don't like them for some stupid reason.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 10, 2017, 08:39:56 am
That's all good but if Chad really wanted him he would have have an offer from SMU.  All you people defending this scholarship have yet to retort this simple question.  This type of thing is why some of us didn't want Chad and his benefactor Jerry.

Really? How do you know he wasn't planning to offer him there................Besides I've read where he is suppose to be a Blueshirt player. That must be one you don't know about or care about. It's a way of balancing scholarships from year to year yet the player is on the team.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on December 10, 2017, 05:20:35 am
Hiring Chad Morris was a gamble, but most coaching hires are in college sports today. He deserves a fair shake, same as it should be for any new head coach. Give him 3 years before we start forming opinions. He's got my full support right now.

I couldn't have said it better. ANYONE that dogs a new hire without giving them a chance first is dumb.

Inhogswetrust

This goes out to all new posters some of us that have been on the board since 06 or longer aren't going to automatically just roll over and accept you stick around and prove yourself before you come around thinking you can set us strait. We have been posting that's what keeps the board moving and alive.  And if you are such long time readers you would respect that.

Ironic you say we are suppose to respect NEW posters yet you have no respect for the NEW coach and he hasn't even had one practice yet as our coach.

Inhogswetrust

December 10, 2017, 11:52:56 am #108 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 12:25:39 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 10, 2017, 08:45:54 am
This you said what I have been trying to and to inhogswetrust you could learn here

Funny you failed to mention this part of the post you quoted I have put in quote's below. At least he is willing to give him chance. The part of the post of being supportive yet critical when he's wrong is the important one since he hasn't even been here long enough to do anything serious wrong yet you still dog him. You won't support him no matter what according to your posts.

"The University of Arkansas has given Coach Chad Morris the next 4-5 years to prove his worth to the Razorbacks. I will support him when he's right and be critical when he's not."

Inhogswetrust

December 10, 2017, 11:54:19 am #109 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 12:25:58 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: oldhawg on December 10, 2017, 08:55:37 am
You are right, we as fans just don't know yet about Morris as head coach of the Razorbacks.  Time will tell.

Will Morris be a Gus Malzahn (successful high school coach who made the big time in college football) or a Gerry Faust (successful high school coach who was a bust at Notre Dame)?  Time will tell.

Much like you, I will continue my Razorback support regardless of who is coach (and support Morris since he is head coach), at least until I see some results.  But unlike you, the more I learn about him, the more I am impressed.  My hope is that Morris will be highly successful.   

But regardless, I'll still be a Razorback fan.

MHSBC59 said I could learn something from another person's post yet he is unwilling to even try to do the same........he needs to learn from the this post..........................

FullTiltBoogie

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 10, 2017, 08:12:47 am
Not reading anything from someone with so little posts.  You obviously don't have a clue.  Otherwise, you'd have many more posts.

You responding has told me that you read it, otherwise you wouldn't have responded.  This has to be one of the dumbest comments I've read on here. I'm seriously hoping sarcasm based on th first part of my post....

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2017, 11:30:09 am
Really? How do you know he wasn't planning to offer him there................Besides I've read where he is suppose to be a Blueshirt player. That must be one you don't know about or care about. It's a way of balancing scholarships from year to year yet the player is on the team.

To defend the offering of any scholarship given to Jerry's grandson at this point is to just be argumentative at this point.  Now you go to great lengths to tell me of your family's work history, why?  You insult me then defend them. How does that prove anything that you say but to make you look hypocritical.  Now you asked me to give you reason I don't support the head coach hire.  I continue to give them to you.  You tell me I'm insulting the players by not supporting the coach.  To this point they have yet to earn my support currently.  I'm a hog fan but I still have the mind to speak up when I think they are making missteps. I guess some don't like debate and discussion. Only complete blind loyalty to all things cause that has always worked so well History

PORKULATOR

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 09:52:31 pm
First time poster. Long time reader. Let me beat some of you to the punch and say I don't care that this is my first post nor that I just registered my account. I see those comments throughout the Hogville boards and it baffles me. I guess in the eyes of many on here, the more posts you have the more intelligent or in the know you are.

I read so many negative comments on the hire of Chad Morris that it was almost irritating. Some of those people have come around and are on board. Personally, he seems like a good hire to me and his speeches have again excited me about Razorback football. That is something that I haven't felt the last couple of seasons. Do I know a whole lot about Morris? No I don't. But what I do know is that he excited me, his stats look good on paper, he demands the floor, got players attention, and most importantly, that I'm going to give him a fair chance before I start running my mouth ridiculing the man. So many people act like they know before they have even seen what he is bringing to the table. CBB was a "proven" winner and many were thrilled about the hire. We know how that worked out. I wasn't sold on CBB but I was open minded, and wanted to see what he would do for our program before I determined the way I felt about him. I will be doing the same thing with CCM and I would hope we can all come together and show him the support he deserves in this early stage. I for one, am cautisously excited and optimistic about him. Time well tell.
great name.

Oh &+1
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Inhogswetrust

December 11, 2017, 12:52:09 pm #113 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:05:13 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 10, 2017, 03:43:08 pm
To defend the offering of any scholarship given to Jerry's grandson at this point is to just be argumentative at this point.  Now you go to great lengths to tell me of your family's work history, why?  You insult me then defend them. How does that prove anything that you say but to make you look hypocritical.  Now you asked me to give you reason I don't support the head coach hire.  I continue to give them to you.  You tell me I'm insulting the players by not supporting the coach.  To this point they have yet to earn my support currently.  I'm a hog fan but I still have the mind to speak up when I think they are making missteps. I guess some don't like debate and discussion. Only complete blind loyalty to all things cause that has always worked so well History

No more argumentative than saying the only reason he got an offer is because of Jerry.....................I insulted you for your small time thinking not your small time job. Even people with small time jobs don't always do that type of thinking but apparently you do. And you have NOT given one factually provable reason for not wanting to at least give him a chance other than calling him small time. So it's OK for you to call him small time but not others to call you that without it getting under your skin huh. I do indeed have complete blind loyalty to the program and the players that go through it and don't get in trouble, etc. I do not have complete blind loyalty to any particular coach. I do believe that ANY coach deserves a chance to prove themselves when hired anywhere.

Earth Hog Fan

Woopy do!!  Man you really need to get a life!
I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

The Hogfather

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 10, 2017, 02:57:50 pm
You responding has told me that you read it, otherwise you wouldn't have responded.  This has to be one of the dumbest comments I've read on here. I'm seriously hoping sarcasm based on th first part of my post....

I'm not even going to read this.  If you think it is sarcasm, you have even less posts than I originally thought.

FullTiltBoogie

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 11, 2017, 03:15:13 pm
I'm not even going to read this.  If you think it is sarcasm, you have even less posts than I originally thought.

Then do me a favor and get a life and quit responding. Again with the "posts" mentality.....

The Hogfather

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 11, 2017, 03:23:05 pm
Then do me a favor and get a life and quit responding. Again with the "posts" mentality.....

Precisely something someone with 16 posts would say.  Get a few more posts before you think you're a genius.  If you get 1,500 posts or more, you'll be way smarter.

Each post adds AT LEAST 0.25 IQ points.  Right now, you're at a 4, bro.  I'm at 6,948.500000, bro.  See the difference?

tusksincolorado

WOW...everybody is Wan Chungin' this afternoon!

Great #1 post...quite a few Hogvillians are feudin' now...it's kinda funny!   8) :D ;)

Oh....Morris has a lot to prove to me...but Im willin' to give him a chance! Heck he's our Razorback Coach.

But I did get a little nervous when somebody posted he's a lot like Nuttless except without the Rah, Rah, Reeee!

That made me throw-up a little in my mouth!   :puke:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 11, 2017, 03:37:07 pm
Precisely something someone with 16 posts would say.  Get a few more posts before you think you're a genius.  If you get 1,500 posts or more, you'll be way smarter.

Each post adds AT LEAST 0.25 IQ points.  Right now, you're at a 4, bro.  I'm at 6,948.500000, bro.  See the difference?

So naught plus naught divided by naught times naught.....oh heck Hogfather can you do the arithmetic so I will know my Hogville IQ???  ;)

Thank you in advance! 
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

zuko

First Time:  The sooner you get that anger against people who don't like the Morris hire the better off you will be. People are entitled to voice their opinion on this forum and that's why it's here. With me there is no debate between you and I since we both, as I said, have ou own opinion and you are entitled to say it and that's it. Don't expect that we who are against the hire are going to fall in line just because you want us as you won't because we want it the other way. The best part of all of this, is that we don't have to explain to anybody why we feel the way we do. Good Luck in you future posts.

FullTiltBoogie

Quote from: zuko on December 11, 2017, 04:29:26 pm
First Time:  The sooner you get that anger against people who don't like the Morris hire the better off you will be. People are entitled to voice their opinion on this forum and that's why it's here. With me there is no debate between you and I since we both, as I said, have ou own opinion and you are entitled to say it and that's it. Don't expect that we who are against the hire are going to fall in line just because you want us as you won't because we want it the other way. The best part of all of this, is that we don't have to explain to anybody why we feel the way we do. Good Luck in you future posts.

I think you should take the time and read the post again. I never said people didn't have their own opinion. I never said I was angry because some didn't like the hire. In a nut shell, I said we don't know what the future will bring, how good or bad of a coach he will be, and that we should stop being negative and complaining about what we don't know. Give him a fair chance and the time to do something, then form an unbiased opinion about it.

oldhawg

I am not greatly opposed to quid pro quo.  Happens all the time ---- in business, in politics, in sports, in families, in espionage, in romantic relationships, etc.

If J. Jones was instrumental in getting C. Morris hired, ONE scholarship is not a terribly high price for him (Morris) to pay.  It's not as if he (Jones's grandson) is totally chopped liver:

"Highland Park senior John Stephen Jones, completed 74 percent of his passes and accounted for 317 yards and six touchdowns on the same field in a 73-20 win over McKinney North in the UIL Texas Class 5A state playoffs.  He did not play the fourth quarter."

Has passed for over 3000 yards for the season.

Yes, he is smallish.  Doug Flutie was a pretty good college quarterback at 5'10'' and 180 pounds.  Even if John Stephen Jones is never a significant contributor on the field, he still may bring something to the team.

In the long run, it may be possible that Jones's value is measured indirectly by Morris's success, and not by actual playing time.

After all, college football is a big time business.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 11, 2017, 12:52:09 pm
No more argumentative than saying the only reason he got an offer is because of Jerry.....................I insulted you for your small time thinking not your small time job. Even people with small time jobs don't always do that type of thinking but apparently you do. And you have NOT given one factually provable reason for not wanting to at least give him a chance other than calling him small time. So it's OK for you to call him small time but not others to call you that without it getting under your skin huh. I do indeed have complete blind loyalty to the program and the players that go through it and don't get in trouble, etc. I do not have complete blind loyalty to any particular coach. I do believe that ANY coach deserves a chance to prove themselves when hired anywhere.
You re like a dog with a bone I stated early on that I didnt remember saying small time. You proved I did and I apologized for not remembering but admitted I said it.  But you won't let it go and still use it as your one argument against me.  Yes I don't think Chad is ready he is small time. His record was a lossing one I don't care how you slice it.  It not jumping on the hype train.  And to blindly support or be blindly loyal to anything is not health for you are what ever you support.  It is far better to be critical so that nothing is missed in an evaluation or judgment of a person or program.

I'm fine with you calling me small time it's never been my goal to be in the spot light I don't require admiration from other to be successful. I'm not a social climber in fact I really dislike people that use others as stepping stones for there own self gain. 

From Tusk Till Dawn

This might be the funniest most absurd thing I've read on here but I love it nonetheless.

Hogwaller

CLIQUE - a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.

You know, like in jr. high.

PorkSoda

Does that mean Deltaboy is the smartest poster on this board?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The Hogfather

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 14, 2017, 08:30:06 pm
Does that mean Deltaboy is the smartest poster on this board?

Definitely up there.  Guv, too.

The Hogfather

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on December 14, 2017, 05:44:57 pm
This might be the funniest most absurd thing I've read on here but I love it nonetheless.

Damn straight.  You just got at least 0.25.

thebignasty

Quote from: FullTiltBoogie on December 07, 2017, 09:52:31 pm
First time poster. Long time reader. Let me beat some of you to the punch and say I don't care that this is my first post nor that I just registered my account. I see those comments throughout the Hogville boards and it baffles me. I guess in the eyes of many on here, the more posts you have the more intelligent or in the know you are.

I read so many negative comments on the hire of Chad Morris that it was almost irritating. Some of those people have come around and are on board. Personally, he seems like a good hire to me and his speeches have again excited me about Razorback football. That is something that I haven't felt the last couple of seasons. Do I know a whole lot about Morris? No I don't. But what I do know is that he excited me, his stats look good on paper, he demands the floor, got players attention, and most importantly, that I'm going to give him a fair chance before I start running my mouth ridiculing the man. So many people act like they know before they have even seen what he is bringing to the table. CBB was a "proven" winner and many were thrilled about the hire. We know how that worked out. I wasn't sold on CBB but I was open minded, and wanted to see what he would do for our program before I determined the way I felt about him. I will be doing the same thing with CCM and I would hope we can all come together and show him the support he deserves in this early stage. I for one, am cautiously excited and optimistic about him. Time well tell.

Long time poster, first time reader here.  Give em' hell buddy.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Melancholy_Pigg

Welcome to the board.  I'm Melancholy Pigg.  I joined right after I got home from the Misery game last month. 

Sometimes I turn out all the lights and replay the biggest fails from the Bret era (don't call him Bert).  My seat is in the NW lower corner of DWR.  I heard the echo of the PAT bouncing off the upright at the TCU game.  It was borderline Shakespearean.  I just thought I'd share. 

And I am really, really excited about Chad Morris.  I think your name sums up where we are, Hopeful Hog.   

I think we got better times ahead.  Hope you like geography.  It appears to be the rage on HV at the moment.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Hogwaller on December 14, 2017, 05:59:50 pm
CLIQUE - a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.

You know, like in jr. high.

You have have your head in the sand if you dont think there are a lot of CLIQUE here on Hogville