Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think BB should do the respectable thing

Started by synthartist69, October 22, 2017, 12:25:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

BB should just come out and say, " I made a promise to take Arkansas to the SEC championship and to win it. My coaching staff, the players and myself have poured our hearts and souls into doing our best to make that happen but it has not worked out. I love and appreciate the opportunity that was given to me here at Arkansas. This is a great university with an incredible fan base. I have not been able to deliver what was promised to the fans and for that I am very regretful. With that said, I have put in my resignation. I only hope and wish the best for the University of Arkansas. Thank you.

East Clintwood

Nope.   Too much $$$$$ at stake to do that.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

synthartist69

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 22, 2017, 12:28:41 am
I know but that is greedy. I mean, we have paid him about 15 million for really nothing. How much more do you need?

BroyledNutts

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 22, 2017, 12:28:41 am

Too much of Jeff's reputation at stake to let that happen, even if Brett did it. Jeff wouldn't let him resign.

synthartist69

Quote from: BroyledNutts on October 22, 2017, 12:30:49 am
Too much of Jeff's reputation at stake to let that happen, even if Brett did it. Jeff wouldn't let him resign.
Man, that is depressing to think we could have another year. Then next year he wins 6 or 7 maybe but probably not. But if he did, then we would get yet another year of him then that season would be 5 to 7. Just enough to get yet another year... OMG help help!!!

Rzbakfromwaybak

If Long can't get him to resign, or negotiate a deal for BB leaving, then Long needs to resign or be fired.  This is like making payments on a very expensive new car....that doesn't run.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

razortrack

I do my homework and read reviews before purchasing. New cars come with warranties.

ur

Long should do the respectable thing, then BB.

The Kig

Quote from: synthartist69 on October 22, 2017, 12:30:11 am
  I know but that is greedy. I mean, we have paid him about 15 million for really nothing. How much more do you need?

Greedy?  AYSM?  He has a contract, agent and attorneys who would never allow him to do something this stupid.  He may legitimately feel what you stated, but only a complete moron would walk away from that much money.  It has nothing to do with doing the "respectable thing".  This shows how retarded some people actually can be.
Poker Porker

RazorbacksFTW

It would take some of that integrity everybody was bragging about for this to happen.

Don't count on it.

3kgthog

I'm sure Jen has already told him not to negotiate a darn thing or resign. Get every penny owed just like any of our wives would tell us.

moses_007

He's not going to resign... even though he knows in his own mind by now that he will never be successful here.  He will stay until the bitter end and get every penny that's coming to him........

Jimbob111

Quote from: moses_007 on October 22, 2017, 01:54:56 am
He's not going to resign... even though he knows in his own mind by now that he will never be successful here.  He will stay until the bitter end and get every penny that's coming to him........

He will have to because he'll never work as a coach again. The entire college football world has seen Wisconsin go on about their business as if he had never been there while Arkansas has been at their worst since they added a face mask to helmets.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?