Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reasons to continue watching

Started by alohawg, October 21, 2017, 11:20:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

I'm searching and can't think of any after tonight. To squeak one out against Coastal Carolina, maybe? Contrary what some say, that's the only other potential W I see coming in 2017. Those 4th quarter pictures of the stands at RRS are likely the norm the remainder of home games.
Otoh, if I were to awake to real breaking news tomorrow and see that Enos has been named interm head coach, that would provide a glimmer of hope and interest.....and excitement.
What are your plans for the remaining games if no action is taken? And what reason(s) will motivate to suffer through more?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

moses_007

Unless you take great pleasure in seeing your Razorbacks get totally destroyed every single week, there is no reason to keep watching.

alohawg

Even worse, it's made the whole dang college season suck, for me anyway.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Malvin

It's made my Fall suck for sure, wife hates me every weekend.  The good news is I'm not getting as mad now, I actually laugh when they play which is sad but it helps a lot.  The wife kind of thinks I'm crazy but if you start laughing you can start to see the comedy in it all.  It's kind of like watching the Bad News Bears.

Roaringboar

Quote from: alohawg on October 21, 2017, 11:20:55 pm
I'm searching and can't think of any after tonight. To squeak one out against Coastal Carolina, maybe? Contrary what some say, that's the only other potential W I see coming in 2017. Those 4th quarter pictures of the stands at RRS are likely the norm the remainder of home games.
Otoh, if I were to awake to real breaking news tomorrow and see that Enos has been named interm head coach, that would provide a glimmer of hope and interest.....and excitement.
What are your plans for the remaining games if no action is taken? And what reason(s) will motivate to suffer through more?

Hey, I like watching the games......it's really funny at times watching Bielema be like, "HUH"
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

HawgPound

Gonzo

Morbid curiosity? Folks can't help but slow down on the freeway to look at a wreck.

Go Hogs!

HogPharmer

I will still watch because hey, it's still football (although difficult sometimes to call what CBB is putting on the field "football")... We wait 8 months for this at the start of every year. But I didn't allow myself to come into this season with ANY hopes for this team whatsoever. Not after the way we finished last season. So that has helped me not get so angry as well.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

nichc85

For the players who have worked all spring summer and fall.

East Clintwood

By watching, you are seeing history being made almost every weekend.

Bert sets new records in futility on a regular basis.

First winless conference record.
Second windless conference record (currently in progress).
Lowest rushing yards per game.
Largest margin of defeat (for several different opponents)
And on and on and on .  .  .
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

moses_007

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 21, 2017, 11:37:26 pm
By watching, you are seeing history being made almost every weekend.

Bert sets new records in futility on a regular basis.

First winless conference record.
Second windless conference record (currently in progress).
Lowest rushing yards per game.
Largest margin of defeat (for several different opponents)
And on and on and on .  .  .
Yeah, and sole possession of the SEC West cellar... where Bert loves to be........

phadedhawg

I watched tonight just to see how long we could challenge one of the better schools in the nation today.  I think this Auburn team is better than it usually is.  After tonight we have some games coming up where we won't be completely outclassed in.  Granted, I think the only one we win is against Coastal Carolina, I doubt the losses will be this severe.

Missouri put up some points today though.  They may hang half a hundred on us too

HogFan1973

Quote from: moses_007 on October 21, 2017, 11:22:19 pm
Unless you take great pleasure in seeing your Razorbacks get totally destroyed every single week, there is no reason to keep watching.

This is unfortunately where I am at.  In all my years of watching and following the Hogs, I can't remember a season where I just didn't really make an effort to watch a game as I have this season. 

3kgthog

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 21, 2017, 11:40:09 pm
I watched tonight just to see how long we could challenge one of the better schools in the nation today.  I think this Auburn team is better than it usually is.  After tonight we have some games coming up where we won't be completely outclassed in.  Granted, I think the only one we win is against Coastal Carolina, I doubt the losses will be this severe.

Missouri put up some points today though.  They may hang half a hundred on us too

We thought this against South Carolina. One trip to the wood shed later...

BroyledNutts

Cheer Squads ... saviors of the season ...

moses_007

Quote from: HogFan1973 on October 21, 2017, 11:40:56 pm
This is unfortunately where I am at.  In all my years of watching and following the Hogs, I can't remember a season where I just didn't really make an effort to watch a game as I have this season. 
I think Bret has taken the desire to win out of all of us.  We're so accustomed to losing that we expect to lose... before the game ever starts........

gchamblee

I'm a huge football fan, so I watch every game I can. This spring I will be wishing I could watch a Hog game regardless of the outcome. I watch from 11am til around midnight. If the hogs win it is more fun, but not watching is even less fun than when we lose. If you can only watch teams that are winning then may I suggest bandwagoning over to a new team for a while and come back once we get our issues worked out. We won't be down forever.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Malvin on October 21, 2017, 11:30:23 pm
It's made my Fall suck for sure, wife hates me every weekend.  The good news is I'm not getting as mad now, I actually laugh when they play which is sad but it helps a lot.  The wife kind of thinks I'm crazy but if you start laughing you can start to see the comedy in it all.  It's kind of like watching the Bad News Bears.

My wife is loving this. She has no problem getting me to do something other than watch the Razorbacks.

Funny thing how a rotten coach can make one abandon years of habit. I went to my first Razorbacks game when I was three-years-old, went to all the home games when I was in college and I've gone to some games here and there for years. During the Nutt years, I started just watching games on TV (the logic being that I could get just as mad at home as I could at the games) and I'm starting to not even bother with that anymore.

And, I'm not alone in this. A lot of fans just don't give a damn right now.