Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Beliema PC Recap

Started by rzrbackramsfan, October 21, 2017, 11:19:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

- He's very disappointed
- They had a good week of practice
- Analysis of the first half:
   -Other than that last TD before the half, we were in it. 
   -Would've liked to score some TD but instead we got FG's
- Our offense would have a few good plays, but then some miscues and negative yardage plays.
- He liked the look in his players eyes at half, thought the responded well at half but then they never responded after that. 
- I could go on forever with this category so lets just say he assessed what happened wrong, we had fumbles, sloppy tackles, etc...
-Chase Hayden out for a while.
-Updates on the rest of the injuries.
-It was fun to walk into the environment.  Repeated, that it was fun and he appreciated being able to walk into that environment. 
-When asked about his job: just worrying about the day in front of him.  He hasn't been in this situation before.
-On a run defense question, he assessed what went wrong.  Dude loves to assess. 
- Where's the hope in the program?  Hopefully we'll all start doing our job.  What the outside world doesn't get is that no matter what your record is, you have to get better every day. 
-Guys need to make plays on offense.

This was half of it.  I'm done.   

Roaringboar

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 21, 2017, 11:19:54 pm
- He's very disappointed
- Our offense would have a few good plays, but then some miscues and negative yardage plays.
- He liked the look in his players eyes at half, thought the responded well at half but then they never responded after that. 
- I could go on forever with this category so lets just say he assessed what happened wrong, we had fumbles, sloppy tackles, etc...
-It was fun to walk into the environment.  Repeated, that it was fun and he appreciated being able to walk into that environment. 
-When asked about his job: just worrying about the day in front of him.  He hasn't been in this situation before.
- Where's the hope in the program?  Hopefully we'll all start doing our job.  What the outside world doesn't get is that no matter what your record is, you have to get better every day. 

SO blaming the players again for the most part it seems......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

#1Fan

Sounds like he's got everything under control.

onebadrubi

I guess I missed it, what happened to Hayden?

The Boar War

What the outside world doesn't get is that no matter what your record is, you have to get better every day. 

No.  I think we understand that pretty clearly.  Does he understand that he has to get better everyday?

East Clintwood

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2017, 11:26:13 pm
I guess I missed it, what happened to Hayden?

They finally put him in the game and he got hurt.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Sundog

Nothing that can't be fixed!  We are on our way now!  Yippee!

HogPharmer

Quote from: The Boar War on October 21, 2017, 11:27:31 pm

No.  I think we understand that pretty clearly.  Does he understand that he has to get better everyday?

I literally don't see how he could get any worse.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Pecos Hog

I'm pumped now.   He's got it figured out, what we need to work on this week.   Sounds like we are so close now. 

cal34

Quote from: Pecos Hog on October 21, 2017, 11:30:59 pm
I'm pumped now.   He's got it figured out, what we need to work on this week.   Sounds like we are so close now. 

He did say "I know we're close".

Cylinder

Kudos to the reporter opening the question with alluding to the mounting losses and if he expects to be back next year.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: cal34 on October 21, 2017, 11:32:43 pm

He's a clown.   But his show isn't funny.

31to6

Quote from: #1Fan on October 21, 2017, 11:23:05 pm
Sounds like he's got everything under control.
There's nothing on the film that can't be corrected.

Ex-Trumpet

- He's very disappointed

Here's the thing...we practice against ourselves.  Everybody has a good day against the Hogs.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

alohawg

- He's very disappointed

Reminds me of those commercials, he's not an actual coach who coaches, he just points out the problems.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoglady

I wish just once a reporter would ask him "Close to what, Coach?"
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: Cylinder on October 21, 2017, 11:34:24 pm
Kudos to the reporter opening the question with alluding to the mounting losses and if he expects to be back next year.

Yes - that's surprising.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

onebadrubi

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 21, 2017, 11:29:03 pm

Yeah but I don't remember him going down??

Cassperr

Quote from: hoglady on October 21, 2017, 11:43:13 pm
Yes - that's surprising.

probably will not have a pass at the next game.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

Roaringboar

Quote from: hoglady on October 21, 2017, 11:42:24 pm
I wish just once a reporter would ask him "Close to what, Coach?"

Or at least give him a.....

"Um, coach, quick follow up......are you really that stupid, or are you practicing at it because you are really getting so good at it?!!!"

or maybe a......

"Um coach........did you see the same game we did......What the F are you actually close to other than getting the Razorback Nation fanbase's boot stuck up your @$$?"

Hogs-n-Roses

- He's very disappointed

Did you go to the game tonite?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2017, 11:44:28 pm

Could be wrong but I think On that 40 yard run he limped off the field.  Don't know what happened.

jcbville

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2017, 11:44:28 pm

At one time it had been briefly alluded to that it was a non-contact injury. Not confirmed however.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 21, 2017, 11:29:03 pm

Funny how we lose a promising running back every time we play Auburn ...

cal34

Quote from: Cassperr on October 21, 2017, 11:44:57 pm

Probably already fired.

code red

Quote from: Cassperr on October 21, 2017, 11:44:57 pm
Be plenty of passes on the ground outside RRS
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cal34 on October 21, 2017, 11:48:31 pm
Probably already fired.
definitely. and we already have a great replacement. It's all good.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ShadowTheHedgehog

- He's very disappointed
x Welcome to the club.
x Maybe they should try to have a bad week for a change?
   x But being 0-18 when trailing at halftime we knew we were fooged.
   x We were watching the game Sherlock.
x What about a Special Teams coach?
x What does this mean? We won the half time battle but lost the 2nd half?
x Sounds like coaching.
x This really sucks :(
x It was crap for everyone else to "walk out of the environment".
x ..... this may be the wrong kind of experience to put in your resume.
x Start doing their jobs? Do we get back the money that the program wasted until now?
x Other teams are trying this concept of having an Line of players to protect the QB- maybe we should hire someone who can coach it.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

So we are now Kentucky in football? Wait, no, hybrid with Tennessee.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on October 22, 2017, 12:05:46 am

Kentucky is 5-2 right now!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Wow, that's a relief to know. And here I was thinking we've been playing like the Israelites wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. If this is CLOSE I truly shudder to think about what it would be like if we didn't have a clue.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 22, 2017, 12:09:11 am

Too bad we don't play Vandy.   But, they'd probably beat us this year.

presidenthog

He straight up got asked if he is worried about his job security and if he will be back next year. He just rambled about working on the task at hand and not thinking about the future. Maybe that is why we let our o line and D line fall apart because we didn't restock them before they were depleated...

Springfield_MO_Razorback

The pandamonian right now!!!! Wait... should I have dare said Vandy for better relative comparison?

synthartist69

I came here to win the SEC. We are going to beat them in the trenches.

(notOM)Rebel123

Can't believe anyone actually listened to it....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

synthartist69

No, we are not as good as Kentucky but we do have our integrity

hogfan870

Quote from: synthartist69 on October 22, 2017, 12:16:05 am
  No, we are not as good as Kentucky but we do have our integrity

Kentucky is a win at all costs football program - we are better than that

EastArkHog 47

We are not even as good as Arkansas State, that's what Bielema & Long have dragged us down to.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 12:16:00 am
Can't believe anyone actually listened to it....

Had My fingers crossed for a hilarious meltdown.

jkstock04

Quote from: EastArkHog 47 on October 22, 2017, 12:20:51 am
We are not even as good as Arkansas State, that's what Bielema & Long have dragged us down to.
Arkansas state would beat us by 14 plus points this year. But that's the cost of integrity.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

phadedhawg

Bert apparently came to Arkansas to paint.

twistitup

Give the man gar meat instead of lobster
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hog N Bama

Nice he is having fun. Maybe it will rub off on everyone else

Broadway Rob

Quote from: Cylinder on October 21, 2017, 11:34:24 pm

I appreciated this as well.  Failure of this proportion must be at the forefront.  It should be the first and last question each time.   
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 21, 2017, 11:36:36 pm
Here's the thing...we practice against ourselves.  Everybody has a good day against the Hogs.

Holy smokes!  You win the day.  Couldn't be more spot on.

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: jcbville on October 21, 2017, 11:46:11 pm
At one time it had been briefly alluded to that it was a non-contact injury. Not confirmed however.

He was tackled from behind on his long run.  He limped off the field and didn't return. 

parallaxpig

Did he tear up wen he said we were close......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Kneph13

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on October 22, 2017, 12:05:46 am

No we are not Kentucky.   Integrity, Academics, GPA, and above all making more money, are the focus of Jeff Long and the Administration.  We are now the Vanderbilt of the SEC West and we are right where Jeff Long and all the other bigwigs want us.
There is no Political Correctness in war

MemphisBossHog

So I guess he said something like he and the coaches will have to "self assess" what they are asking these kids to do and I bet "there is nothing on the game film that cant be corrected"  or something like that.   Yada Yada Yada.

I was actually proud of how the defense played at times early in the game. They are outmanned most of the time, and they know it, but they do try.  Dre Greenlaw et al do put their hearts into it, but when your offense is so amazingly atrocious and cant stay on the field for sometimes like 50 secs of game time, the defense is going to be gassed and then combine that with Gus's obsession with trying to run as many plays has humanly possible on offense, the D was bound to break and it did.

Its painfully obvious that the defense just does not have the depth to compete against top teams.  I give Paul Rhoads credit in that he is working with a limited roster.  Some of the freshmen seem like they might have a chance to be good players.  I feel for McTelvin Agim. He was a 5 star and could have gone ANYWHERE but he chose to come to Arkansas thinking that something was being built, but in reality, the program has regressed and Agim is toiling in futility.  I bet that deep down in his heart of hearts, he is thinking, I could have been playing for Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, any of these teams that are actually playing for something instead of simply trying to win a 3rd game and its getting toward the end of October.   

I figured Ark would give up 100 pts in the Bama and Auburn games. Well not quite. They gave up 93 and over 1000 yards of offense to both teams I believe (600+ given up to Auburn, and Im sure Bama had over 400).  But at least we combatted that with 29 whole points over the 2 games.  93 to 29.  Arkansas is so completely irrelevant now. We have become one of the teams on other teams' schedules where they automatically put WIN.   Just an embarrassment.  But maybe BB and Co can self assess and figure it all out.  I will give BB a hint on where to start---RECRUITING. Bert, you are showing up to a gun fight carrying a knife. You are outmanned.  You yourself said it after the Bama game.  You just dont have the "horses." Well that is YOUR responsibility.  Five recruiting cycles you have had to at least show improvement and in reality not only has there not been improvement, you have shown regression.  Sad sad sad