Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many Hog fans are joining me at WMS on the 31st

Started by swineology, August 22, 2017, 07:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swineology

Thursday night game in the "Rock"

Can't ever remember a game there on a Thursday, should be epic!

Go Hogs!

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

kodiakisland

Epic?  An SEC-MEAC matchup.  How could it be anything less?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

ChitownHawg

Quote from: swineology on August 22, 2017, 07:19:43 pm

Go Hogs!

Sadly, in spirit only.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

swineology

Quote from: hoglady on August 22, 2017, 07:28:09 pm
I will be there!!

Awesome

My first game there was in '65 when we beat Okie St.

The last 2 games, I'll enjoy.

It's time for all games to be played on campus.

hawgon

Quote from: swineology on August 22, 2017, 07:19:43 pm

Go Hogs!

UNLV...four QBs by halftime.  Cedric Cobbs scored the go ahead TD with just a few seconds left to save an embarrassing defeat.

tcchog

Also played South Carolina on a Thursday night in the early 2000's. Played at Ole Miss on Thursday night Danny Fords last season

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sho Nuff

Me and my 10 year old son will be there calling the Hogs!  Any good family friendly tailgates we can crash?

Elvis P Hogg

Me my wife and son calling the hogs with you all

hobhog

I will be there proudly with usual crew. Could be last Hog game at the old grey lady as hearing last game there could be bought out and replaced with neutral game.

Golf course opens at 7am, and UAMS campus closing at noon. Be interesting to see turnout....

PorkSoda

Quote from: kodiakisland on August 22, 2017, 07:28:31 pm
Epic?  An SEC-MEAC matchup.  How could it be anything less?
hopefully we will apply an epic beat down.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

swineology

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 22, 2017, 09:16:12 pm
hopefully we will apply an epic beat down.

Hogs could win 24-7

Coach B hasn't shown anything in 4 years

FANONTHEHILL

It's going to be a long couple of days.  Got a redshirt sophomore Razorback in Little Rock of Thursday and a sophomore Fayetteville Bulldog 24hrs later in Blue Springs, MO Friday night.  Starting Labor Day weekend with a lot of driving!!  Two games, two days, seven hours drive in between.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

swineology

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 22, 2017, 09:20:51 pm
It's going to be a long couple of days.  Got a redshirt sophomore Razorback in Little Rock of Thursday and a sophomore Fayetteville Bulldog 24hrs later in Blue Springs, MO Friday night.  Starting Labor Day weekend with a lot of driving!!  Two games, two days, seven hours drive in between.

Good Luck  Jeff, see ya there!

WPS!

SWMrshogfan

What parents do, Fanonthehill! I know you wouldn't trade for the world. We put 5000 miles on car my daughter's senior year. Cross country, track, softball, and cheerleading. Know the numb driving feeling.

We will have 4 of us at the Rock. Can't wait!

hoglady

Quote from: hawgon on August 22, 2017, 07:38:33 pm
UNLV...four QBs by halftime.  Cedric Cobbs scored the go ahead TD with just a few seconds left to save an embarrassing defeat.

I remember that game.
Crowd was pretty restless about the QB carousel.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WBOBO

I also remember they had a fullback that would torch us for 5 yards per carry
in the first half.  Second half not so much.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

hobhog

Rockinghog

The wife and I will be there.  Saw my first hog game there in the 60's with my dad.  This might be the last one there.

1highhog

I will be there, it's time to move all the games to Fayetteville but this may be the last game in WMS and I want to be there to enjoy it.  Say what you want, but our best games have been there, hopefully we'll start something special in Fayetteville and as the University strives to make the tailgating better we can build it to where DDRS will be a place our foes will fear when they come to play.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I will absolutely be there. Gotta see my brother play his last game in little rock!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Cmheinley

Do you think the game was scheduled on a Thursday purposefully to reduce the size of the tail gating darn show?

ricepig

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: swineology on August 22, 2017, 09:20:24 pm

Hogs could win 24-7

Coach B hasn't shown anything in 4 years

This darn is getting old...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawgon

Sed76

Unfortunately, I won't be there. Will be the first game I've missed at War Memorial since I first got season tickets back in 1995. But due to it being on a Thursday night as well as some health issues I sold my tickets to a fellow Hog fan who will make sure my seats are occupied. I'll be enjoying it from my living room and hope everyone there has a great time.

The_Boot_stops_here

I'll be there.  Bringing the whole fam.  Will be the first Hog FB game for both of my boys. 

woodhog14

Quote from: Cmheinley on August 23, 2017, 09:13:37 am
Do you think the game was scheduled on a Thursday purposefully to reduce the size of the tail gating darn show?

No. It was asked to be moved to Thursday by the SEC Network.

pghawg1

rzrbkman

Quote from: Cmheinley on August 23, 2017, 09:13:37 am

The game was scheduled specifically by the TV network.

Luke STYwalker

I was planning on driving up about an hour before the game and just seeing if I could score a couple of tickets.   Is this a bad idea?  or will i have no problem getting some good seats?   Bout how much?

hogcam

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on August 23, 2017, 01:00:10 pm
I was planning on driving up about an hour before the game and just seeing if I could score a couple of tickets.   Is this a bad idea?  or will i have no problem getting some good seats?   Bout how much?
Last I heard, there is going to be a ton of extra tickets so you should be fine. Hope people show up.

hoghevn

My wife and I are driving down from Tulsa & meeting my brothers and their families from Hot Springs & Malvern.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Sho Nuff on August 22, 2017, 08:54:10 pm
Me and my 10 year old son will be there calling the Hogs!  Any good family friendly tailgates we can crash?
From my experiences on the golf course if you wander around and chat with people you will be treated like family. Last time I went we got there late for tailgating and were just trying to walk to the stadium and ended up carrying plates of food and pockets full of beer that were thrust upon us