Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wanted to Share with HOGVILLE Friends

Started by FANONTHEHILL, August 21, 2017, 05:45:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

I know I talk entirety too much about my son, but he has a quick interview from Media Day on John Nabors SEC Country podcast.  Cooper is on about the 16:50 mark. 

https://m.soundcloud.com/arkansasrazorbackspodcast/episode-238-razorback-trench-play
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

DEVIL DOG HOG

You don't talk enough.  You provide to the fan what goes on in the life of a Razorback player.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

sowmonella

Very impressive young man. His Mom must have done a great job raising him. 8)
I'm sure you are very proud.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 21, 2017, 05:45:24 pm
I know I talk entirety too much about my son, but he has a quick interview from Media Day on John Nabors SEC Country podcast.  Cooper is on about the 16:50 mark. 

https://m.soundcloud.com/arkansasrazorbackspodcast/episode-238-razorback-trench-play

Post them all as I don't really check out SEC Country much.  I enjoyed that.  I wouldn't have thought to go find it so thanks.

As for the kid.  I have no doubt he's a great kid after listening to him.  Be proud.  We all would.  I liked hearing his thoughts.

SugarHillGaHog

Sorry about "kid".  Adult as he pointed out.  It's a hard habit to stop considering anyone under about 27 not being a kid.  My bad.

daBoar

Many thanks for being a proud papa.

MuskogeeHogFan

I'm proud for you. And yes, you need to post more, rather than less.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 21, 2017, 05:55:24 pm
You don't talk enough.  You provide to the fan what goes on in the life of a Razorback player.

GolfnHog

Cooper is truly a reflection of his environment and upbringing. You and Mrs FOTH have done an amazing job of parenting which leaves no doubt the world is his oyster! His articulation, maturity and "presence of the moment" are self evident.

We are blessed that you choose to share this with us, Thank you!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

The Hawg Marshal

I can't blame you for talking about your son. Being proud is part of being a good parent. imo

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

He speaks very well. You'd think he's been doing this for years
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

bphi11ips

Very well spoken.  You should have posted in the "Would you let your son play football?" thread.  Cooper is a poster child for the walk-on program.  Thanks for sharing. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

greenie

1 - as far as I can tell, all your posts are received well.  As for me, I appreciate your perspective and your willingness to share it.
2 - being proud of a son who is battling and winning in life is a natural thing and I, for one, love seeing it.
3 - that boy's well spoken

Good job all around.

Stephen Greene

that dude's a coach

future head coach of the Hogs?

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Stephen Greene on August 22, 2017, 10:33:58 am
that dude's a coach

future head coach of the Hogs?

He should have his Political Science and History BAs done by next Christmas or possibly this coming spring if he pushes next semester.  Always wanted to go to law school.  In the past year, he's changed to wanting to get into college coaching as the career path.  If he finishes degrees in three years next spring, he will try to get a GA job somewhere.  If he chooses to come back for his fourth year, it will be his last with His Chancellor's scholarship. So that's likely the end of his career as a player. He would make s fine coach.  Being undersized and a walk on, he has developed a great understanding of technique.  His hand and foot placement is really good.  He's just 290 in a 315lb world.  We will see what happens after this season.  Either way, he's learning from what we consider a tremendous group of coaches in Anderson, Enos, and Bielema.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ChitownHawg

I'm cool with you posting about your son. Pride away my friend. I would.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

MTBrookHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 22, 2017, 05:21:15 pm
He should have his Political Science and History BAs done by next Christmas or possibly this coming spring if he pushes next semester.  Always wanted to go to law school.  In the past year, he's changed to wanting to get into college coaching as the career path.  If he finishes degrees in three years next spring, he will try to get a GA job somewhere.  If he chooses to come back for his fourth year, it will be his last with His Chancellor's scholarship. So that's likely the end of his career as a player. He would make s fine coach.  Being undersized and a walk on, he has developed a great understanding of technique.  His hand and foot placement is really good.  He's just 290 in a 315lb world.  We will see what happens after this season.  Either way, he's learning from what we consider a tremendous group of coaches in Anderson, Enos, and Bielema.
Look where Dowell Loggins has gone to now.

ChicoHog

I listen to the SEC country podcast regularly.  Nabors is really good.  Your son was impressive.  I was pleasantly surprised that growing up in Fayetteville he did not have a southern accent.  Did he have it and lost it or just never acquired one? 

FANONTHEHILL

August 22, 2017, 09:17:10 pm #20 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:41:54 am by FANONTHEHILL
Quote from: ChicoHog on August 22, 2017, 08:45:24 pm
I listen to the SEC country podcast regularly.  Nabors is really good.  Your son was impressive.  I was pleasantly surprised that growing up in Fayetteville he did not have a southern accent.  Did he have it and lost it or just never acquired one? 

He was born and raised in Fayetteville.  Never had much of an accent.  My wife and I don't have much of one either.  I'm born and raised Fayetteville.  His mom was born in Southern California and moved to Mena when she was 4. We've never thought we had much of an accent. When we lived in the Chicago area for a few years when she was in grad school, everyone told us our accents were horrible.  People down here don't think we have one.

AugustaHog

Congrats FOTH!  As always your posts are great reads.  Thank you for providing an insight into your unique perspective.  You give a ton of info while still being appropriately discrete.  I'm very proud for you and your family.  Woo Pig!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GolfnHog on August 22, 2017, 09:13:40 am
Cooper is truly a reflection of his environment and upbringing. You and Mrs FOTH have done an amazing job of parenting which leaves no doubt the world is his oyster! His articulation, maturity and "presence of the moment" are self evident.

We are blessed that you choose to share this with us, Thank you!

You should write greeting cards...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

snoblind

Psychohog

I was pleasantly surprised that growing up in Fayetteville he did not have a southern accent.  Did he have it and lost it or just never acquired one? 
WTH is that supposed to mean?
Never smarten up a chump.

Vantage 8 dude

As far as I'm concerned you'll NEVER hear any complaints from me whenever you're posting, especially offering unique insight into what's going on behind the scenes. You truly offer a one-of-a-kind, unrivaled perspective.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Self loathing is a piss-poor way to go through life. The use of the "Southern Accent" as a barometer of intelligence, or shaming the speech patterns of our fellow Arkansans really hacks me off.!! I promise you, that although my voice drips of sweet tea and whiskey, I am quite strong in use of The King's English. Maybe if people tried shaming poor grammar usage instead of oratorical sound we may could retain the beauty of the "Southern Accent" in today's modern world as a viable and proud way to say "Yes, I am from the south, and Yes, you're right I am intelligent" Instead of trying to sound like you're from "Up North"..!!

I spit on you Yankee bastards.! The South WILL rise again.!!!!!!!!

My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Stephen Greene

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 22, 2017, 05:21:15 pm

he's on his way, and assistants make bank now days of course

OneTuskOverTheLine™