Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is realistic over the next 10 seasons?

Started by hogz11, August 13, 2017, 07:15:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 23, 2017, 06:08:43 am
So what is your point? That lower division state schools playing against much less talent have won more games playing against each other over the years?

National perception vs our homer perception.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: AP85 on August 23, 2017, 06:10:42 am

I'm pretty sure that from a "national perception" standpoint no one outside of this region even knows that those schools exist. As far as the University of Arkansas goes, if people who live in Arkansas or who graduated from Arkansas or are just fans of the program weren't a "homer" when it comes to the Razorbacks, I'd be sadly disappointed. But the same rings true for every SEC program.

What is more, hoping for more wins each year doesn't make you a homer, it makes you a fan. Heck, I'm a homer because I believe that there is a chance that if we go to Alabama and execute as we should and play an entire game, I believe we have a chance to beat them. Odds are against it, but I still believe the Hogs can get it done. Yeah, I'm a homer for the Hogs as I should be, though I have a realistic viewpoint about our odds of getting it done given our history against them in Tuscaloosa.
Go Hogs Go!

smb

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 13, 2017, 07:30:54 pm
All depends on the landscape.  How much longer is Saban around?  I would love an SECC, but I don't really expect it...from any coach.  If BB averaged 8-4 over the next 10 years, that would be a fantastic result for a program like ours.  But it will be very difficult to achieve.  I think he'll average 7 to 7.5 regular season wins.  9 wins pretty much max.
I Think this is probably the most realistic approach.
GeorgiaHOG

RME

August 23, 2017, 08:10:58 am #103 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:21:04 am by RyanMallettsEgo
Quote from: AP85 on August 23, 2017, 06:10:42 am

Yeah, when I think "football in Texas" my first thought is definitely University of Mary Hardin–Baylor. Football in Mississippi? Damn right Jackson State, Southern Miss, and Alcorn come to mind 1-2-3. Washington? Ah, the glory days of Pacific Lutheran University still make me shudder at the powerhouse program they truly are.