Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee

Started by RebelW, March 02, 2015, 09:27:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

I have been going through our schedule for this coming up season, trying to look at the match UPS and determine what our record could be. I keep getting hung up on this Tennessee game. The fact that we play there is haunting me. I really don't know why I'm so worried about the game, because I never watched them play last year. Just knew they were young and physical from what I Hurd. I Hurd the Dobbs QB was showing promise in Butch's young offense even though Dobbs looks like E.T.. Lol kidding. Just wanted yalls input on what kind of team they have and what do we look like matched up against them.. Sorry for the randomness but my goodness this off season stuff is for the birds!.
                                                                                     :razorback: GO HAWGS :razorback:

jkstock04

They have a ton of young talent. I would put them on line with where we are as far as the rebuilding stage. I think it'll be a great matchup and heck of a game.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Bacon_Bitz

It's going to be a turning point type of game for both teams.  It would be pretty epic if we went into Neyland and won.  Tenner has Oklahoma at home two weeks prior and Florida in the Swamp the week before.  We won't have played nearly as tough of a schedule, only A$M in Jerry World.  Hopefully things are trending up for us and Tenner is already bummed and hurting from two losses and we somehow come out of there with a win.  Dobbs is good but I think if anything he will regress a little next season now that teams have some tape on him and will be preparing for him.  Anybody remember Kenny Trill?

PORKULATOR

We're ahead of them as far as rebuilding. Their D is gonna be solid but not as good as ours. Their running game will be about SEC average and passing slightly above. The difference in this game will be Brandon Allen's efficiency and protecting the ball late with Jwill and AC3.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Wildhog

I think we're going to smoke them.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

It will be a good early test.

RebelW

I think if we beat A&M and Tenner, I feel real confident about coming out of BAMA with a W.. I worry about Auburn now since they have Muschamp.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Big game for both programs.

DeltaBoy

Butch got them rebuilding but we are at least a year or tow ahead, so I give us the nod.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

razorbackinva

Living in VA this game is one that I have circled for a road trip this year.  We need our fans out there in force.

Piggage

Quote from: RebelW on March 02, 2015, 09:54:36 am
I think if we beat A&M and Tenner, I feel real confident about coming out of BAMA with a W.. I worry about Auburn now since they have Muschamp.

I have much more confidence that we'll beat A&M, TN, Auburn, OM and LSU than I have that we'll stay within 3 TD's of Bama on the road. That's the only game I consider a certain loss at this point.

DeltaBoy

Bama got some issues and we will see if Nick got it figured out by then. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Razorfox

Hopefully this will be a case of excellent coaching and superior scheme defeating on-paper recruited talent. 

jbcarol

Chris Low's Tennessee Preview

QuoteThe Vols play five of their first six games in the state of Tennessee, which includes Oklahoma, Arkansas and Georgia in Neyland Stadium...

What could go wrong

It remains to be seen how the Vols, still lacking in experience, handle the hype. With so much expected of this team, if they lose one early, are they resilient enough to recover and get back to the grind in the rugged SEC?

The Oklahoma game the second week of the season is massive, especially with the trip to Florida looming two weeks later. The Gators have owned the Vols and won 10 straight in the series. Two losses in September could send things spiraling in a hurry...

Low thinks that even with two top notch recruiting classes, the Vols may still be a year away.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

RebelW

BAMA is going to have quarter back that has been beaten out of the job ever since he's been at a college campus.. Their defense hasn't been very traditional.. I like our chances

Biggus Piggus

Gosh, Arkansas has a lot of work to do, just like Tennessee has. We don't even know what the August 1 rosters will look like yet.

Tennessee has nice talent lined up at running back and wide receiver. QB Josh Dobbs can run and throw, hard to stop. The Vols' offensive line has to be much improved now that it doesn't have five new starters. On defense, Tennessee is very pleased with its talent level on the Dline and in the secondary. Their starting linebackers should be good, not as much depth there.

Last season, the Vols gave up 30+ points to Oklahoma, Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama and South Carolina. Their best defensive performances in the SEC were allowing 10 points to Florida (in a loss), 16 to Kentucky and 17 to Vanderbilt.

Tennessee scored 10 at OU, 9 against Florida, 3 at Ole Miss, 20 vs. Alabama, 21 vs. Missouri, 24 at Vanderbilt. Their highlights were 50 vs. Kentucky, 45 at South Carolina, and 45 on Iowa in the TaxSlayer Bowl. Did a respectable 32 points at Georgia.

Dobbs only started the last five games, played most of the Alabama game. Just eyeballing it, they have more problems on defense than offense, is my guess.

Interesting aspect of the schedule: In recent years, Tennessee had scheduled an easy nonconference game between Florida and Georgia. Arkansas plays the Vols the week after their road trip to the Swamp + a week before Georgia. Not sure it really matters one way or the other. For Arkansas, it's sandwiched between Texas A&M and Alabama.
[CENSORED]!

vol_in_ar

Wildhog

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 02, 2015, 11:44:40 am
not likely

Quite likely. 

Extremely doubtful that y'all can handle our physicality. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 02, 2015, 11:41:29 am
Gosh, Arkansas has a lot of work to do, just like Tennessee has. We don't even know what the August 1 rosters will look like yet.

Tennessee has nice talent lined up at running back and wide receiver. QB Josh Dobbs can run and throw, hard to stop. The Vols' offensive line has to be much improved now that it doesn't have five new starters. On defense, Tennessee is very pleased with its talent level on the Dline and in the secondary. Their starting linebackers should be good, not as much depth there.

Last season, the Vols gave up 30+ points to Oklahoma, Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama and South Carolina. Their best defensive performances in the SEC were allowing 10 points to Florida (in a loss), 16 to Kentucky and 17 to Vanderbilt.

Tennessee scored 10 at OU, 9 against Florida, 3 at Ole Miss, 20 vs. Alabama, 21 vs. Missouri, 24 at Vanderbilt. Their highlights were 50 vs. Kentucky, 45 at South Carolina, and 45 on Iowa in the TaxSlayer Bowl. Did a respectable 32 points at Georgia.

Dobbs only started the last five games, played most of the Alabama game. Just eyeballing it, they have more problems on defense than offense, is my guess.

Interesting aspect of the schedule: In recent years, Tennessee had scheduled an easy nonconference game between Florida and Georgia. Arkansas plays the Vols the week after their road trip to the Swamp + a week before Georgia. Not sure it really matters one way or the other. For Arkansas, it's sandwiched between Texas A&M and Alabama.

we needed to play Dobbs against GA and Florida and would have probably won both

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Wildhog on March 02, 2015, 11:46:41 am
Quite likely. 

Extremely doubtful that y'all can handle our physicality. 

that's why they will line up and play

Ar won't be able to score enough offensively to keep up with Dobbs, or running game and recievers

HSVhogfan2

March 02, 2015, 11:51:25 am #20 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:07:39 pm by HSVhogfan2
Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 02, 2015, 09:41:47 am
We're ahead of them as far as rebuilding. Their D is gonna be solid but not as good as ours. Their running game will be about SEC average and passing slightly above. The difference in this game will be Brandon Allen's efficiency and protecting the ball late with Jwill and AC3.

I'm a bit confused. What do you base that AR is ahead of TN in rebuilding?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RebelW on March 02, 2015, 09:27:04 am
I have been going through our schedule for this coming up season, trying to look at the match UPS and determine what our record could be. I keep getting hung up on this Tennessee game. The fact that we play there is haunting me. I really don't know why I'm so worried about the game, because I never watched them play last year. Just knew they were young and physical from what I Hurd. I Hurd the Dobbs QB was showing promise in Butch's young offense even though Dobbs looks like E.T.. Lol kidding. Just wanted yalls input on what kind of team they have and what do we look like matched up against them.. Sorry for the randomness but my goodness this off season stuff is for the birds!.
                                                                                     :razorback: GO HAWGS :razorback:

I knew a girl named Rachel Hurd-wood... Can you tell me how she can hur wood? I mean does it talk?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Wildhog

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 02, 2015, 11:50:24 am

Ar won't be able to score enough offensively to keep up with Dobbs, or running game and recievers

Good thing we'll only need to score about 10 points to win.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Wildhog on March 02, 2015, 11:51:50 am

Robb Smith burn. Nice

opineonswine

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 02, 2015, 11:44:40 am
not likely

Everyone was all about Butch and thought he was better than BB in the beginning.  He's recruited well but I thought last year was a stuck-in-the-mud year for Tennessee.  They made very little progress.  We, on the other hand, were the much more improved team. 

I like our chances.

opineonswine

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 02, 2015, 11:51:25 am

Are you kidding?  We had the MUCH tougher schedule last year.  They were so-so all year and looked like a carbon copy of the year before.  On paper, the recruiting has been stellar but it's yet to prove out on the field for Tennessee.

trashcan maN

I remember when TTU came here with this "yall cant score with us" baloney

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 02, 2015, 11:51:25 am

Ole Miss 34-3 win over UT.

Arkansas 30-0 over Ole Miss

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on March 02, 2015, 09:38:17 am
It's going to be a turning point type of game for both teams.  It would be pretty epic if we went into Neyland and won.  Tenner has Oklahoma at home two weeks prior and Florida in the Swamp the week before. 

We are in the best spot on their schedule we could be, sandwiched between Florida and UGA! WPS

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 02, 2015, 12:55:30 pm
Ole Miss 34-3 win over UT.

Arkansas 30-0 over Ole Miss

So you are basing the whole theory on one game? A game that TN played Ole Miss when they were top 5 and before Treadwell and others were injured? LOL. Okay.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Hoggish1

Quote from: RebelW on March 02, 2015, 09:54:36 am

WM has a liability at Albarn due to the style of O they play.  He will not be as effective as many think.

LRHawg

I'll reserve judgement on this one until I see how the new OC does. We've lost too many pieces for me to be as confident about this one as I was at the beginning of the year.

Paul

We will have to play very well to win in Neyland.  Btw, Dobbs looks like he has alopecia areata/universalis where he has no hair growing anywhere.  It's an autoimmune disease.  I think the NBA player,Charlie Villeneuva, has the same condition.   

ZERO

Tennessee was the better team in '13 without a doubt. In '14, we improved leaps and bounds against far tougher competition, where they only seemed to improve marginally. Will they turn a corner next year before our game? It's possible, and being @Tennessee gives them a much needed advantage. Nonetheless, at this point in time, I would say Arkansas is the better team.

If we beat Tennessee, it will be Bielema's first road win against an SEC team since he became our coach. It's a pretty big game for us, and I don't blame any of the outsiders who say we might not win. We still have a lot to prove.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 02, 2015, 01:06:40 pm
WM has a liability at Albarn due to the style of O they play.  He will not be as effective as many think.

WM doesn't have to be great at Auburn. Middle of the pack defense and they are a playoff team.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

ArkRazr

This game has me on edge too. Man it's going to be a great one though, two teams at similar situations in rebuilding their program. It's going to be down right dirty, a statement game for one of the teams. I think the hogs win it by a td in the forth quarter. If not more, I wouldn't be surprised. :razorback:

jkstock04

I'm not seeing any logical way one could say this game will be a pushover. Just going off of our season last year comparing it to theirs....looking objectively I think we are neck and neck in terms of development as a team.

This should be a fun game...I'm planning on going to it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HOGINTENNESSEE

March 02, 2015, 01:46:10 pm #37 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 03:01:34 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 02, 2015, 01:05:14 pm
So you are basing the whole theory on one game? A game that TN played Ole Miss when they were top 5 and before Treadwell and others were injured? LOL. Okay.

What are you basing your option on? UT's performance vs Utah State, UK or Vandy? Maybe Iowa?

PORKULATOR

haaaa.... Your hilarious. I live in Tenner and no one here believes this. The educated masses here just wanna be in that game late. About the time we start going for 6-8 per carry and run out the clock.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ZERO

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 02, 2015, 02:52:40 pm
haaaa.... Your hilarious. I live in Tenner and no one here believes this. The educated masses here just wanna be in that game late. About the time we start going for 6-8 per carry and run out the clock.

I remember one time in particular Tennessee was in the game late and we were up. We were trying to run out the clock and something disastrous happened.

:P
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Yep, y'all dominated he score board against Mizz and Vandy

That was sarcasm

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on March 02, 2015, 09:43:01 am
I think we're going to smoke them.

I wish I could agree with you, but I have a bad feeling about that game.  Last time we played in Knoxville (admittedly with a moron for a coach), we had the better team and got smoked.  Tennessee's has a salty defense already, and their offense will be much improved next year.  Should be a great game; I just hope it is.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Wildhog on March 02, 2015, 11:51:50 am

I hope you only score 10, if that's the case it's a win

vol_in_ar

Quote from: ZERO on March 02, 2015, 03:00:26 pm
I remember one time in particular Tennessee was in the game late and we were up. We were trying to run out the clock and something disastrous happened.

:P

I'm sure if he's in Tennessee, someone's reminded him of it

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 02, 2015, 01:46:10 pm
What are you basing your option on? UT's performance vs Utah State, UK or Vandy? Maybe Iowa?

Recruiting classes, depth charts, sell outs, TN with a better overall record since Jones has been there.

I'm not saying TN is that much better off than AR as far as the rebuilding goes. I think both teams are on a very similar trajectory. Just don't think AR is ahead of them.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

vol_in_ar

Quote from: opineonswine on March 02, 2015, 12:39:57 pm
Everyone was all about Butch and thought he was better than BB in the beginning.  He's recruited well but I thought last year was a stuck-in-the-mud year for Tennessee.  They made very little progress.  We, on the other hand, were the much more improved team. 

I like our chances.

I'll agree, butch should have played Dobbs earlier in the year

Wildhog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 02, 2015, 03:42:06 pm
Recruiting classes, depth charts, sell outs, TN with a better overall record since Jones has been there.

I'm not saying TN is that much better off than AR as far as the rebuilding goes. I think both teams are on a very similar trajectory. Just don't think AR is ahead of them.

1909/1964/1965/1977

HSVhogfan2

Veni Sancte Spiritus

ZERO

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 02, 2015, 03:42:06 pm

Upon closer inspection, it would appear our schedule wasn't that much tougher than theirs. We each played Missouri, Alabama, Georgia, and Ole Miss. We played @Auburn, but they had a comparable game @Oklahoma. We each played an FCS opponent, although theirs was actually much better. Ours was maybe the worst in all of FCS, theirs finished #8. They got @South Carolina and we played Texas A&M at a neutral site. Then I would say you could compare Texas Tech and Kentucky. The rest are just splitting hairs between awful teams and mid-majors.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 02, 2015, 03:34:58 pm
I hope you only score 10, if that's the case it's a win

Worked for Florida last year.