Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henri Murphy

Started by #1 STUNNA, May 06, 2016, 10:09:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan2000 on June 12, 2016, 11:37:31 am
West and Biddy acted as if they were on the kid 2 years ago....I guess that's why they moved him into the natural 21 the last one they before or after signing day in 2015!   I did the same thing over there in the fall of 14 and it was crickets other than he was fast. I'd love to know when and if Henri was offered before or after signing day?  Was it after he qualified?  Did Arkansas hold a scholarship for him?  I don't know what the Razorback coaches  were doing while I was accused of being henri's dad amongst other insults, but all I know is I was out there with only a few then, and now all the talking heads act as if they knew what we had here!!  What abunch of crap!!  Ha.  Rivals had him at the 21st best Player in the state and that was because they moved him into that spot right before signing day!  But they were on him!!!  Ha, what a joke! 

Offered by whom, he was just offered by Arkansas on May 24th. When did he qualify for D-I, before or after he signed to attend Henderson St, you know, these are important facts?

hogfan2000

Saying, was Henri offered before or after signing day in 15? 

hogfan2000

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan2000 on June 12, 2016, 12:07:16 pm
Saying, was Henri offered before or after signing day in 15? 

I just told you Henri was offered May 24, 2016 by Arkansas. Why don't you answer my questions, do you not know?

http://247sports.com/Player/Henri-Murphy-70725

hogfan2000

I understand that.  I want to know if Arkansas offered him last spring before or after he qualified?

Air Show

Ricepig, Henri qualified the 1st week of June 2015. The basic argument is that all efforts should have been made to reserve a spot for this in-state recruit before and after he qualified. It's done all the time in college recruiting. It's called "showing love."

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan2000 on June 12, 2016, 01:06:10 pm
I understand that.  I want to know if Arkansas offered him last spring before or after he qualified?

Obviously no offer before he signed, and you can't recruit an athlete committed to another 4 year school until he gets his release, from my understanding.

Air Show

Really, UA......Henderson State.......uuuuummmm, make a phone call man. He still had offers, mostly PAC 12 and Memphis.

ricepig

Quote from: Air Show on June 12, 2016, 01:27:07 pm
Really, UA......Henderson State, make a phone call man.

Seriously, Henderson St, release him.

Air Show

Move along people, I'm done here, nothing else too see!

ricepig

Quote from: Air Show on June 12, 2016, 01:09:29 pm
Ricepig, Henri qualified the 1st week of June 2015. The basic argument is that all efforts should have been made to reserve a spot for this in-state recruit before and after he qualified. It's done all the time in college recruiting. It's called "showing love."

But, he had already signed with Henderson, correct?

http://hsusports.com/news/2015/2/2/FB_0202150618.aspx

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2016, 01:38:11 pm

But, he had already signed with Henderson, correct?

http://hsusports.com/news/2015/2/2/FB_0202150618.aspx

Yep, and he tried to get his release to come to the U of A but the Henderson coach wouldn't release him so he went JUCO instead.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 12, 2016, 03:43:31 pm
Yep, and he tried to get his release to come to the U of A but the Henderson coach wouldn't release him so he went JUCO instead.

Ok Captain Obvious.

berryhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2016, 03:51:59 pm
Ok Captain Obvious.

You should be thankful.  I don't think you really understood the situation.   ;D

ricepig

Quote from: berryhog on June 12, 2016, 03:58:28 pm
You should be thankful.  I don't think you really understood the situation.   ;D

I know, I guess I'll just hang up and listen, Randy/Bo/Paul.......

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2016, 03:51:59 pm
Ok Captain Obvious.

Hey, you asked a question and I answered it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 12, 2016, 04:22:30 pm
Hey, you asked a question and I answered it.

Was the question asked to you, had I quoted you? No, I hadn't, I was wanting an answer from the poster I quoted, to see what corner he was going to paint himself into.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2016, 04:24:28 pm
Was the question asked to you, had I quoted you? No, I hadn't, I was wanting an answer from the poster I quoted, to see what corner he was going to paint himself into.

I didn't come here to read posts about paint.

Idle Johnelle references are punishable by the return of Robert Shields on a weekly basis. :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

secneahog

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 12, 2016, 10:13:41 pm
I didn't come here to read posts about paint.

Idle Johnelle references are punishable by the return of Robert Shields on a weekly basis. :)

This. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BirmingHam

Air Show

June 17, 2016, 03:13:18 pm #171 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:35:17 pm by Air Show
JUCO Athlete set to visit Virginia Tech June 16,2016

HOKIES CHASING 2017 ATH HENRI MURPHY, AIMING TO SIGN "ONE OF THE FASTEST KIDS IN THE COUNTRY"

Justin Fuente offered Murphy when he was still at Memphis, and now he's hoping to lure him to Tech.

http://www.thekeyplay.com/virginia-tech-football-recruiting/2016/06/12146/hokies-chasing-2017-ath-henri-murphy-aiming-sign-one

secneahog

I think he's gonna be a Hog.  He grew up a Hog fan.  Coach Rhodes coached Revis.  Match made in heaven.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Da1unv

I would say 70-30 Hogs over Va Tech. Only because of W. Gragg his best friend and J. Liddell an ex-teammate at Dollarway.

razorbackfan4life

TebowHater

Darn! Don't get it.

https://twitter.com/_hendog10/status/744240661998747648

Especially given his desire to run track...granted, perhaps he wouldn't have been good enough to run at UA?

https://twitter.com/_hendog10/status/742469643864920066

LRHawg

My guess is that he knew he wouldn't be good enough in track to run here? Maybe that's just sour grapes on my part.

Seebs

We get a CB commit and within 48 hours he goes elsewhere.  Awaiting word from the folks in the know if there is a cause and effect.

If HSU screwed this up they got their last penny from me.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on June 18, 2016, 02:21:30 pm
We get a CB commit and within 48 hours he goes elsewhere.  Awaiting word from the folks in the know if there is a cause and effect.

I guess we aren't adding him in August......

GrizzlyRider07

I wouldn't throw in the towel on him just yet!!! Just saying!!!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

ricepig

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on June 18, 2016, 03:08:39 pm
I wouldn't throw in the towel on him just yet!!! Just saying!!!

Oh, I'm sure we are still recruiting him, and will until told otherwise.

Peter Porker

Quote from: TebowHater on June 18, 2016, 01:54:36 pm
Darn! Don't get it.

https://twitter.com/_hendog10/status/744240661998747648

Especially given his desire to run track...granted, perhaps he wouldn't have been good enough to run at UA?

https://twitter.com/_hendog10/status/742469643864920066

He's plenty good enough to run track for Arkansas.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

codeHog

CB at Arkansas or WR in the VT offense.  They sold him on that it seems

Pig in the Pokey

bummer. on to the next one.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Lights Out

Quote from: Seebs on June 18, 2016, 02:21:30 pm

He had 3 options & I think he went wth the best options on table for him right. Option #1 sign with a D-1 now enroll immediately in summer school begin working out with team but redshirt the upcoming year. Option #2 go back to JUCO for semester and play football & go to any D-1 in January (but you take chance on injury playing with nothing to gain) plus why go back to JUCO when you don't have to. Option # 3 Maxfield/HSU release him today then he can sign & enroll immediately and play right now 3 yrs to play 3. Arkansas was not ready to sign him now they wanted him to go back to JUCO and come in January. So I don't think it was a deal where he didn't want to come to Arkansas but Virginia Tech is giving him a chance to come Now!!! Not in January...

ricepig

Quote from: Lights Out on June 18, 2016, 04:49:14 pm
He had 3 options & I think he went wth the best options on table for him right. Option #1 sign with a D-1 now enroll immediately in summer school begin working out with team but redshirt the upcoming year. Option #2 go back to JUCO for semester and play football & go to any D-1 in January (but you take chance on injury playing with nothing to gain) plus why go back to JUCO when you don't have to. Option # 3 Maxfield/HSU release him today then he can sign & enroll immediately and play right now 3 yrs to play 3. Arkansas was not ready to sign him now they wanted him to go back to JUCO and come in January. So I don't think it was a deal where he didn't want to come to Arkansas but Virginia Tech is giving him a chance to come Now!!! Not in January...

Well, good luck to the young man if this is the way it played out.