Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emmit Gooden?

Started by wps11, February 06, 2018, 10:52:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wps11

I know he has posted about Hogs being in Top 3 of his choices, but haven't heard anything about us trying to get him. Just wondering what's up there... he's a 4*

NoogaHog

Really? A 4 star? I hadn't heard.

Just kidding. I think he is not yet eligible for SEC and is probably going to WV.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

wps11

Makes sense to put SEC schools in your top 3 and not even be eligible for them. Thanks for the info.

NoogaHog

My source is HV, so I don't know any more than anyone else. But what I heard is that he is 1 class shy of being eligible in the SEC, but not for B12. I understand he at one time really wanted to be here, so who knows. Maybe he can take the class and get it done, like, was it Martin last year?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

aloha_kid

Quote from: wps11 on February 06, 2018, 10:52:50 am
I know he has posted about Hogs being in Top 3 of his choices, but haven't heard anything about us trying to get him. Just wondering what's up there... he's a 4*

5 posts and 3 smites. 

FarmingtonFan

Dudley said on Bo's show that he would not have an Arkansas LOI to sign.

HogFoo

Quote from: FarmingtonFan on February 06, 2018, 05:02:48 pm
Dudley said on Bo's show that he would not have an Arkansas LOI to sign.
I heard him say that as well.  Then he kind of backtracked... the he kind of leaned that way again.  confusing.  It's so weird though, that Gooden would come out with a top3 , and apparently he isn't qualified to get into 2 of the schools in his top3  which is Tenner and Us.  So that only leaves WV.  Which, that's where I hope he ends up since he wont be a Hog it would appear.  Sucks, because he was going to be a good one I believe.  But, then again, do we sacrifice 'right now'  for a kid we'd have 4 years?  Who knows, perhaps if he had qualified, and graduated early, he might of been a Hog, cuz according to Dawson, Who I like to call Boooger, because 'Dudley dawson' was the same name of the character nicknamed Booger from the revenge of the nerds movie. =-)      but, yes, according to Booger, the former staff called Gooden from the Golf course and had told him they weren't gonna have a scholarship for him when he didn't graduate early.  Then, later for some reason, they called him back and said yeah they would.  So, that part is just weird.

Apparently it is also Chavis who doesn't really want Gooden as well.   From hearing booger, he also mentioned that the WR from OU who decommitted probably would have been a razorback but he appears to be having to go to a Juco.  Perhaps after he is done there we'll revisit him.  He  didn't mention Parker though, who many think may end up at Texas... he didn't say anything about him going there.  which was a good sign perhaps?    we'll find out tomorrow.  seems like he liked our changes of getting Gerald though.. that would be awesome
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

King Kong

Interesting tweet by Agim that was retweeted by Gooden. I believe it relates to this situation

https://mobile.twitter.com/So_Splash/status/960985524994527232

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: King Kong on February 06, 2018, 09:22:55 pm
Interesting tweet by Agim that was retweeted by Gooden. I believe it relates to this situation

https://mobile.twitter.com/So_Splash/status/960985524994527232

So Gooden is being slow played by the staff?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

King Kong

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 06, 2018, 09:24:53 pm
So Gooden is being slow played by the staff?

They won't be giving Gooden a Scholarship unless our other 2 Dline options turn us down. Because of the risk he won't qualify and the need for speed DE's

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: King Kong on February 06, 2018, 09:30:31 pm
They won't be giving Gooden a Scholarship unless our other 2 Dline options turn us down. Because of the risk he won't qualify and the need for speed DE's

Right, and I assume Agim is referring to Gerald leading us on.  I don't know who the 2nd DL recruit is.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 06, 2018, 09:36:16 pm
Right, and I assume Agim is referring to Gerald leading us on.  I don't know who the 2nd DL recruit is.
Caleb Okechukwu, the most underrated of the 3

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 06, 2018, 09:39:49 pm
Caleb Okechukwu, the most underrated of the 3

Forgot about him.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 06, 2018, 09:41:11 pm
Forgot about him.
I think he is our best chance of landing. Gerald is ready to start now, but I think Calebs ceiling is higher. Caldwell and Chavis will turn him into a beast

SemperHawg

Quote from: King Kong on February 06, 2018, 09:30:31 pm
Isn't Gerald holding off until Friday to sign?

King Kong

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 07, 2018, 08:21:26 am
Isn't Gerald holding off until Friday to sign?

That is what he said

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 06, 2018, 09:46:21 pm
I think he is our best chance of landing. Gerald is ready to start now, but I think Calebs ceiling is higher. Caldwell and Chavis will turn him into a beast
he signed with Syracuse.

STLhawg

Yesterday EG said:
Will be signing tomorrow at 2:30 Central Time

hawg1221

Springfield_MO_Razorback

https://twitter.com/What_A_Star5?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

live feed link on his twitter

PintailKiller

Quote from: Springfield_MO_Razorback on February 07, 2018, 02:49:44 pm
https://twitter.com/What_A_Star5?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Looks like  WV cap in front of him.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

RME

WVU unless he pulls some shenanigans and swaps hats.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The coach just gave Boyd a Pig Souieee.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Next1_04

HappyFan

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Tennessee... Good luck Emmit.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Snout team

Tennessee.  I guess he did qualify.  I'm sure there are reasons this coaching staff decided to go a different direction.  At this point all we can do is wait and see how this program builds.

Today is a good start.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

RME

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 07, 2018, 02:52:51 pm
WVU unless he pulls some shenanigans and swaps hats.

Shenanigans were pulled. Tennessee it is.

Hawg Life

Tennessee

Hopeful Hog

Good thing he couldn't qualify for SEC schools huh? Oh wait.....

STLhawg

Quote from: #hammerdown on February 07, 2018, 02:55:55 pm
Tennessee.  I guess he did qualify.
Or they are just willing to take a chance that he will.

rljjr

The Pulse

Gooden picks Titanic U. That's a match made in Heaven.

redeye

Quote from: STLhawg on February 07, 2018, 02:57:18 pm
Or they are just willing to take a chance that he will.

That's what I'm thinking.  His 247 page shows that he committed to Tennessee today, rather than signed.

SooieGeneris

He may not be qualified YET and TN is taking a chance he will. There has to be a reason that other SEC schools like UF backed off as well. D Linemen with his ability aren't on every street corner..

He committed to Tenner out of HS before going to JC, so it's probably the best fit for him, going full circle.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

The Hawg Marshal

This is what Sosa tweeted about it.
McTelvin Agim
‏Verified account @So_Splash
22m22 minutes ago

don't talk down on fam for not coming here. can't go somewhere you aren't wanted🤷🏾‍♂️
9 replies 4 retweets 53 likes

The Pulse

Snapchat Quote from Gooden - "Going to the Real hill, Arkansas ain't the real hill".

Talk about haters gonna hate.

As for us; we just don't wanna be sold a false bill of Goodens.

GuvHog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 07, 2018, 03:08:16 pm
He may not be qualified YET and TN is taking a chance he will. There has to be a reason that other SEC schools like UF backed off as well. D Linemen with his ability aren't on every street corner..

He committed to Tenner out of HS before going to JC, so it's probably the best fit for him, going full circle.

If the kid doesn't get it done in the classroom, he isn't getting on the field.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

aloha_kid

Quote from: GuvHog on February 07, 2018, 03:49:01 pm
If the kid doesn't get it done in the classroom, he isn't getting on the field.

Yep. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: The Pulse on February 07, 2018, 02:59:13 pm
Gooden picks Titanic U. That's a match made in Heaven.
So when many on here thought he was gonna pick UA he was a good guy but since he chose another school he is bad?

ALLVOL

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 07, 2018, 03:08:16 pm

Both schools had room to take a chance on him. Surprised UA wouldn't take the chance. My guess is they were willing.

Pudgepork

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 07, 2018, 05:03:06 pm
So when many on here thought he was gonna pick UA he was a good guy but since he chose another school he is bad?

I'd think any negatives toward him stem from wanting him out of the sec if he's not at arkansas.  It's not a knock on him as a player or person

Pudgepork

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 07, 2018, 05:04:11 pm
Both schools had room to take a chance on him. Surprised UA wouldn't take the chance. My guess is they were willing.

Evidently this new staff wouldn't take the chance.  Word broke yesterday that he wouldn't have a letter from arkansas to sign.  Goodens tweets over months of recruiting made it clear that he wanted to play alongside Agim

STLhawg

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on February 07, 2018, 03:31:16 pm
This is what Sosa tweeted about it.
don't talk down on fam for not coming here. can't go somewhere you aren't wanted🤷🏾‍♂️

Quote from: The Pulse on February 07, 2018, 03:38:50 pm
Snapchat Quote from Gooden - "Going to the Real hill, Arkansas ain't the real hill".

I agree we don't need to knock him if Arkansas didn't want to take the risk (of him not qualifying) but at the same time he shouldn't take shots at Arkansas!!!

ricepig

Lol, he didn't have an offer from the new staff, kind of hard to sign with us....

Vantage 8 dude

So wrong, as usual. This current staff never made him an official.

HogFoo

He would have been a Hog, but the new staff did NOT send him a NLI to sign.  When we took ferrel from within our own state, we didnt have q scholarship for Gooden. We still have 1 left for Gerald, but if he doesnt sign, then we may save it until next season, or give it to a walkon. Or perhaps even to the signing day leftiver that usually happens that just so happens to be a 3 or 4*

I wish he was a Hog. Think he would have been great.  BUt it is what it is.  If we had more scholarships Gooden probably a hog. And if we had a full alotment of scholarships, wed have a top20 class too!  Oh well, onto next years class now! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ALLVOL

Ok fine, the new staff didn't offer. Why didn't they? Did they fill every slot and not want to waste a spot? You can't save #'s for next season any more. If they didn't offer the question should be is "why the hell not"?  They had absolutely NOTHING to lose. If he signs but can't make the grade then you're in the exact same spot you're in now...