Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU lol! 17-0

Started by Michael_E_Davis, September 30, 2017, 07:58:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: grayhawg on September 30, 2017, 09:34:26 pm
The list is in this article.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/26/13055108/les-miles-fired-lsu-coaching-search-replacements-candidates

I think Herman and Fisher were the only real candidates that were asked.  Supposedly (according to folks in La.) Fisher withdrew his name when he found out Herman was the main candidate.  LSU lost the bidding war to Texas for Herman.  Fisher had already moved on.  Ed O. was the hometown boy that made LSU look pretty good last year.

I don't think Fedora or Patterson were ever considered.  Art Briles was for sure not.  Bobby P. would not have been considered. I don' think it was a big coaching search.  Only two in the running really.
Retired Radio Host

grayhawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 30, 2017, 09:36:11 pm
They can do whatever they need to do.
They found out last year no one was interested in a job in the SEC west, probably change when Saban retires.

theFlyingHog

The Boar War

Quote from: grayhawg on September 30, 2017, 09:34:26 pm
The list is in this article.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/26/13055108/les-miles-fired-lsu-coaching-search-replacements-candidates

That's a list of possible replacements for Miles, not a list of people who turned LSU down when offered the job.

I remember Herman and Jimbo Fisher turning LSU down.  Orgeron apparently blew them away with his plans for the future.  I think the insinuation that no one besides Miles wanted the job is misleading.

riccoar

LSU fans don't like hearing the truth. Even when they know it. Ed O is NOT a Head Coach.

The Boar War

Quote from: riccoar on September 30, 2017, 09:54:54 pm
LSU fans don’t like hearing the truth. Even when they know it. Ed O is NOT a Head Coach.

What's worse is that he has been a head coach...... in this division...... and failed miserably.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The Boar War on September 30, 2017, 10:00:02 pm
What's worse is that he has been a head coach...... in this division...... and failed miserably.

Yep. And he recruited well at Ole Miss too. Still couldn't win.
This is my non-signature signature.

panhandlepig

I'm gonna be honest here.  I've always pulled for LSU.  Let me explain..   We weren't in the same conference.   I had family from New Orleans and Baton Rouge who took me to games when I was a kid.  I loved going.

I never had a conflict with it til we were in the SEC.  My family have been Hog fans since time ...well a long time.  My Dad hitch hiked from South Arkansas to attend the UofA.  His name, my uncle, my aunts name are etched in those sidewalks.

Im not sure why I feel such glee LSU  got their ass beat. But I do. Go Troy.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 30, 2017, 09:37:28 pm
Are you saying shots should not be taken at Arkansas' coaches? If so, you are too fragile and weak.

Ha ha...by all means. Continue the "fire everyone" tirades. But there's 1,000 threads about that agenda, yet someone (like myself) just get tired of not being able to read a thread that has NOTHING to do with the Hogs without the CBB haters still managing to come in and taking their shots.

It's just tiresome. That's all.

Also, LSWho SUCKS!!!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on September 30, 2017, 10:07:34 pm
Ha ha...by all means. Continue the "fire everyone" tirades. But there's 1,000 threads about that agenda, yet someone (like myself) just get tired of not being able to read a thread that has NOTHING to do with the Hogs without the CBB haters still managing to come in and taking their shots.

It's just tiresome. That's all.

Also, LSWho SUCKS!!!
When you get tired, you ignore it. So you must not be tired enough.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Cmheinley on September 30, 2017, 07:59:45 pm
haha I can't believe it either. I think we're witnessing the equivalent of our ULM vs Arkansas game
I agree
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 30, 2017, 10:10:11 pm
When you get tired, you ignore it. So you must not be tired enough.

Ha ha...ok captain.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

riccoar

Quote from: The Boar War on September 30, 2017, 10:00:02 pm
Yep, he's their John L. Though not nearly as bad. They know it, but don't like outsiders saying it.

pigture perfect

Just another Alabama team beating up on the rest of the league.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogz87

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 30, 2017, 10:48:01 pm
Just another Alabama team beating up on the rest of the league.
Yeah, the SEC has really fallen off.  Alabama is far-and-away the best looking team in the league.  UGA and Auburn have both looked good, but I'm not sure either are CFB playoff contenders; UGA might be, but that remains to be seen.

The SEC West has gone from being by far the toughest division in football to having five mediocre to below average teams (Mississippi State, A&M, OM, Arkansas, LSU) in the span of two years.

hoglady

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 30, 2017, 09:24:12 pm
whoops.

Etling is garbage.

Orgeron will still have a job. They can't fire two guys consecutively in two years at the beginning of the season.

They'd never find a replacement.

A tigerdroppings poster had an idea - hire Miles back and then you'll only have to pay Ed O to not coach there.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Just saw on ESPN - Troy University sent LSU a tweet

"Hey, LSU thanks for having us down for homecoming!!
We really enjoyed it!!"

Hilarious!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hoglady on October 01, 2017, 01:09:41 am
A tigerdroppings poster had an idea - hire Miles back and then you'll only have to pay Ed O to not coach there.

Smartest thing I've heard yet.
This is my non-signature signature.