Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UPDATED DEPTH CHART 2016

Started by Oklahawg, December 20, 2015, 10:08:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

December 20, 2015, 10:08:07 pm Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:08:34 pm by Oklahawg
The stickied thread with all the recruiting links disappeared. This is always a valuable thread - critical to recruiting is both the overall scholarship count, scholarship counts by class, and the depth chart at each position.

CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS (STARTERS IN BOLD, order of others is randomly created):
QB (3): Austin Allen, Ty Storey, Ricky Town
RB (3): Kody Walker, Raleigh Williams, Juan Day
FB (1): Kendrick Jackson
TE (5): Jeremy Sprinkle, Jack Krauss, Austin Cantrell, CJ O'Grady, Will Gragg
OT (3): Dan Skipper, Brian Wallace, Colton Jackson
OG (2): Jalen Merrick, Hjalte Froholdt
OC (2): Frank Ragnow, Zach Rogers
WR (8 ): Keon Hatcher, Drew Morgan, Jared Cornelius, Dominique Reed, Duwop Mitchell, Cody Hollister, Deon Stewart, LaMichael Pettway

DE (7 ): Teavin Beanum, Jeremiah Ledbetter, Deatrich Wise, Karl Roessler, Brandon Lewis, , Jake Hall, Jamario Bell
DT (6 ): Taiwan Johnson, Bijhon Jackson, Armon Watts, Jarmichael Winston, Daytrion Dean, TJ Smith
MLB (1): Brooks Ellis
SLB (2): Dre Greenlaw, Josh Williams
OLB (3): Dewayne Eugene, Khalia Hackett, Randy Ramsey
CB (5): DJ Dean, Jared Collins, Henre' Tolliver, Ryan Pulley, Kevin Richardson
S (4): Josh Liddell, Santos Ramirez, Andre Coley, Nate Dalton

K (1): Cole Hedlund
P (2): Toby Baker, Blake Johnson

28 Offense
28 Defense
3 Special Teams

Committed Recruits:
QB (1): Cole Kelley
RB (2): TJ Hammonds, Devwah Whaley
FB (1): Hayden Johnson
TE (1): Grayson Gunter
WR (2): Kofi Boateng, Jordan Jones
OG (2): Jake Heinrich, Dylan Hays
OT (2): Terrance Malone, Paul Ramirez
OC (1): Jake Raulerson

DE (3): McTelvim Agim (signed), Jonathan Marshall, Michael Taylor
DT (2): Austin Capps, Briston Guidry
LB (4): De'Jon Harris, Alexy Jean-Baptiste, Giovanni LaFrance, Dee Walker
CB (1): Britto Tutt
S (2): Deon Edwards, Micah Smith

61 returning players
23 recruits + one grad transfer
84 total

1.3.16 update: Added Whaley, recruit, at RB.
1.4.16 update: Removed Henry and Kirkland, declaring for NFL.
1.10.16 update: Removed Collins, declaring for NFL.
1.11.16 update: Removed Carmouche, decommit.
1.23.16 update: Added La France, commit, LB.
1.30.16 update: 4 Mic Drops - Joseph Putu, Paul Ramirez, Dee Walker, Micah Smith.
2.1.16 update: Removed Pollard, decommit.
2.1.16 update 2: Added Hays, OL commit, and Marshall, DE commit.
2.3.16: Removed Putu. Spellcheck post read.
7.18.16: removed Evans, Sykes, Thomas-Smith, and Hawkins. Added Tutt, Ramsey, Raulerson.
8.3.16: removed Graham, Marks, added Taylor.
8.25.16: removed Floyd, Peavey. Moved Coley, Richardson, Jackson.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

December 20, 2015, 10:19:56 pm #1 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:09:57 pm by Oklahawg
By Class:

Senior (17): Jared Collins, DJ Dean, Jeremiah Ledbetter, Brandon Lewis, Deatrich Wise Jr., Taiwan Johnson, JaMichael Winston, Brooks Ellis, Dan Skipper, Toby Baker, Kody Walker, Josh Williams, Jeremy Sprinkle, Keon Hatcher, Cody Hollister, Drew Morgan, Dominique Reed

Junior (14): Kevin Richardson II, Henre' Toliver, Tevin Beanum, Karl Roesler, Bijhon Jackson, Frank Ragnow, De'Andre Coley, Dwayne Eugene, Khalia Hackett, Austin Allen, Josh Liddell, Jared Cornelius, Damon Mitchell, Jake Raulerson

Sophomore (17): Dre Greenlaw, Hjalte Froholdt, Jalen Merrick, Kendrick Jackson, Rawleigh Williams III, Ryan Pulley, Zach Rogers, Armon Watts, Brian Wallace, Cole Hedlund, Jack Kraus, Jake Hall, Juan Day,  Santos Ramirez, Randy Ramsey, Michael Taylor

Freshman(13): Daytrieon Dean, Austin Cantrell, Blake Johnson, CJ O'Grady, Colton Jackson, Deon Stewart, Jamario Bell, La'Michael Pettway, Nate Dalton, Ricky Town, T.J. Smith, Ty Storey, Will Gragg

JR Recruit (3): Terrance Malone, Paul Ramirez, Britto Tutt
Fr Recruits (19): Cole Kelley, TJ Hammond, Hayden Johnson, Grayson Gunter, Kofi Boateng, Jordan Jones,  Jake Heinrich, McTelvim Agim (signed), Austin Capps, Briston Guidry, Giovanni LaFrance, De'Jon Harris, Alexy Jean-Baptiste, Deon Edwards, Devah Whaley, Dee Walker, Micahh Smith, Dylan Hays, Jonathan Marshall

1.23.16: removed Carmouche, added Whaley and LaFrance.
1.30.16: added Ramirez, Putu, Walker and Smith.
2.1.16: removed Pollard.
2.1.16 part two: added Hays, Marshall.
2.3.16: removed Putu.
7.18.16: removed Evans, Sykes, Hawkins, Thomas-Smith. Added Tutt, Ramsey, Raulerson.
8.3.16: removed Marks, Graham. Added Taylor.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

King Kong

Oklahawg

For those parsing numbers:

69 scholarship players, but Baker, Roessler and Smith are for one semester only. CBB said he had to beg Smith to come back for another semester. Richardson is a former walk-on who has a scholarship, but I suspect that could be used for recruits.

Collins, Henry and Kirkland are all mentioned as possible NFL departures. Anthony Brown, Kendrick Edwards and JoJo Robinson are already gone from the depth chart.

Seven additional scholarships if all three go pro and all former walk-ons return to that status.

That is 23 for the class. Only takes two academic casualties or players looking for playing time to create space for a full class of 25.

Oklahawg

Quote from: King Kong on December 20, 2015, 10:22:49 pm
Nice write up. Couple of typos. Center Zach Rodgers not Josh and at LB Dwayne Eugene not Eugene Hackett

Thanks! Already fixed.

Lots of names, modest amount of creative confusion :)

Großer Kriegschwein

Work with a guy from Lafayette, LA and he says that Cole can sling the ball around REALLY well. The guy saying this was a college DB at ULL.
This is my non-signature signature.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 20, 2015, 10:25:30 pm
Work with a guy from Lafayette, LA and he says that Cole can sling the ball around REALLY well. The guy saying this was a college DB at ULL.

I've heard that from a couple of folks. Kid has attracted some in-season attention from some big-time schools but he is solid to UA.

Oklahawg

You will note I did not include every stinking walk-on and helmet holder, only the scholarship guys and the couple of noteworthy add-ons who factor in the depth chart. Those threads are not as helpful as they need to be.

King Kong

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 20, 2015, 10:25:15 pm
Thanks! Already fixed.

Lots of names, modest amount of creative confusion :)

Yeah, it's a lot to keep straight. Thanks for the breakdown.

Oklahawg

I suspect that some of the OL and secondary spots change. It would seem we are chasing CBs more than Safeties, and OTs more than OGs.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 20, 2015, 10:27:12 pm
I've heard that from a couple of folks. Kid has attracted some in-season attention from some big-time schools but he is solid to UA.

I think some people are kinda overlooking him on the incoming roster. I hear he's got a big arm similar to Mallett
This is my non-signature signature.

yraciv

I'm pretty sure Nicholas Thomas-Smith is moving on.  He went through the SR day ceremony I believe.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: yraciv on December 20, 2015, 10:35:43 pm
I'm pretty sure Nicholas Thomas-Smith is moving on.  He went through the SR day ceremony I believe.

Was he not just put on scholarship?

yraciv

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 20, 2015, 11:08:45 pm
Was he not just put on scholarship?

I just saw that.  Apparently he was all set to move on, and Coach B convinced him to come back.  He definitely went through the SR day festivities.

Oklahawg

Thomas-Smith did go through SR activities, did earn a spring scholie, and will be back for spring. CBB wants him for 2016 but we shall see. Until he officially moves on or hands over the scholarship to a new recruit he is on the list.

Note that Baker and Roessler (like Richardson) could lose their scholarships, if we need it for a signee. Come to a school as a walk-on and you can have any scholarship award be semester-to-semester.

bulldog04

Eric Hawkins graduated.  I suspect he will move on or run track and then move on.

010HogFan

Hammonds has an S on the end of his name

Lake City Hog

This chart is the #1 reason that Ramsey won't be back. I would bet that BB just will NOT take a chance on a kid that he gave multiple chances last year with the numbers looking like they do.

We may be getting another year from Collins and Kirkland, which is GREAT, but that means 2 less recruits for this class. Trade-offs!

Okla, could you provide a best guess as to the "right" amount of bodies at each position? Do we need 5 QB's? 8 DE's and 8 DT's???

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 21, 2015, 12:44:22 pm

Note that Baker and Roessler (like Richardson) could lose their scholarships, if we need it for a signee. Come to a school as a walk-on and you can have any scholarship award be semester-to-semester.
Are you saying Kevin Richardson had his scholly pulled after this season? I thought he had a helluva season

Oklahawg

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 23, 2015, 09:24:25 pm
Are you saying Kevin Richardson had his scholly pulled after this season? I thought he had a helluva season

No, I am suggesting that his scholarship was just temporary up front. I am also suggesting that he will keep it if we don't need it for a recruit. And, these temporary scholarships are hard to track.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 23, 2015, 11:06:09 am
This chart is the #1 reason that Ramsey won't be back. I would bet that BB just will NOT take a chance on a kid that he gave multiple chances last year with the numbers looking like they do.

We may be getting another year from Collins and Kirkland, which is GREAT, but that means 2 less recruits for this class. Trade-offs!

Okla, could you provide a best guess as to the "right" amount of bodies at each position? Do we need 5 QB's? 8 DE's and 8 DT's???

That is tough. Each coach has their own ideas, so this is MY guess not CBB's formula.

QB: 5 (one per class)
RB: 6
FB: 2
TE: 6
WR: 10
OT: 4
OG: 4
OC: 2
OL at large: 2

41 offense

DE: 8
DT: 8
MLB: 3
WLB: 4
SLB: 4
CB: 7
S: 7

41 defense

1 deep snapper
1 kicker
1 punter

85 total

The extra linebackers may be a reflection of UA's weakness at LB depth right now. But, LBs are a good bet to play on special teams, along with CBs, TEs and safeties. The argument could be made that I am heavy one DE and one DT, and those should be redirected to the secondary, where playing 5-6 is routine these days.

Lake City Hog

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 21, 2015, 12:44:22 pm
Thomas-Smith did go through SR activities, did earn a spring scholie, and will be back for spring. CBB wants him for 2016 but we shall see. Until he officially moves on or hands over the scholarship to a new recruit he is on the list.

I wasn't sure about this so thank you for that piece of information Oklahawg.  :razorback:

razorbacker3

You  have JaMicheal Winston at DT? He has always been a DE.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: razorbacker3 on December 25, 2015, 05:38:02 pm
You  have JaMicheal Winston at DT? He has always been a DE.
He played mostly DT at the end of the year besides the LSU game.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

razorbacker3

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on December 25, 2015, 08:54:16 pm
He played mostly DT at the end of the year besides the LSU game.
Ledbetter played DT in the Mo. game as well as DE also. I think he was playing these DE's at DT to get a better ,faster pass rush against mostly passing teams.

Oklahawg

Quote from: razorbacker3 on December 26, 2015, 10:16:27 am
Ledbetter played DT in the Mo. game as well as DE also. I think he was playing these DE's at DT to get a better ,faster pass rush against mostly passing teams.

Winston and Ledbetter are two different stories. Ledbetter is on the field as much as any DL. He moves inside to get a better rush on the passer. Winston is a back-up, first, and played as much DT as DE. He does not get a consistent rush up the field as a DE and played DE more after Loewen got hurt.

MIght be a mistake. We need to see how Winston plays in the bowl game - if DT vs KState he's definitely more of a DT.

LR HAWG

IBleedRazorbackRed

Thanks for this! Solid job +1

Can you move Merrick to OG, which is what he has been practicing at, just to get a better look at those numbers?

Oklahawg

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on January 01, 2016, 10:55:34 am
Thanks for this! Solid job +1

Can you move Merrick to OG, which is what he has been practicing at, just to get a better look at those numbers?

Got it.

tophawg19

with Pittman , they wanted 15 or 16 o-linemen . wonder how that will change with the new o-line coach ? Also i think 7 each on Dline seems more in line with the 85 limit as you said . right now our needs to me are 2 OT'S 2 RB'S 1 safety , 1 LB  and a couple freak athletes
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Oklahawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 02, 2016, 10:55:49 am
with Pittman , they wanted 15 or 16 o-linemen . wonder how that will change with the new o-line coach ? Also i think 7 each on Dline seems more in line with the 85 limit as you said . right now our needs to me are 2 OT'S 2 RB'S 1 safety , 1 LB  and a couple freak athletes

Sounds about right to me.

Tim Harris

People always talk about walk ons losing their scholarship because it is needed elsewhere.  Has that ever actually happened?  From what I can remember once they get the scholarship they stay on it until they graduate.

Tim Harris

You can take Henry and Kirkland off the list now opening up 2 more spots.

DCimport

How is Johnny Gibson looking at OT?

Oklahawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 04, 2016, 08:55:01 am
People always talk about walk ons losing their scholarship because it is needed elsewhere.  Has that ever actually happened?  From what I can remember once they get the scholarship they stay on it until they graduate.

They haven't had to give it back due to continued departures around them. But, good point.

redeye

I thought Derrick Graham was moved back to LB?

Can't believe we'll have 22 seniors next year.  Just wow!

ChicoHog

Quote from: redeye on January 04, 2016, 07:55:27 pm
I thought Derrick Graham was moved back to LB?

Can't believe we'll have 22 seniors next year.  Just wow!
And almost all of them are significant contributors.  BB's first class here was really strong.  We need a good recruiting class to make up for much of the talent we will lose after next season. 

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 04, 2016, 09:36:43 pm
And almost all of them are significant contributors.  BB's first class here was really strong.  We need a good recruiting class to make up for much of the talent we will lose after next season. 

Well, several of those won't be here(leaving early) and a few are JUCO guys from other classes.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Lake City Hog

Okla, If I am reading this right we are 1 over NOW, correct? (includes HH and DK to NFL??)

So, do we rescind a couple of the walkon schollies or are we looking at a couple more transfers or possibly both? I keep hearing 25 signees and that means we have to come up with at least 9 more scholarships.

I know that we are still looking for an answer from AC and rumors are that Walker may be done, but that still leaves us 7 short for 25. So what are you thinking?

Tim Harris

Quote from: Lake City Hog on January 05, 2016, 09:30:37 pm
Okla, If I am reading this right we are 1 over NOW, correct? (includes HH and DK to NFL??)

So, do we rescind a couple of the walkon schollies or are we looking at a couple more transfers or possibly both? I keep hearing 25 signees and that means we have to come up with at least 9 more scholarships.

I know that we are still looking for an answer from AC and rumors are that Walker may be done, but that still leaves us 7 short for 25. So what are you thinking?

I believe he forgot to remove the 2 from the count when Kirkland and Henry left putting us at 84.  I would expect a transfer or 2 plus Collins could leave.

Oklahawg

We may not see movement in "returning" numbers until May but we have enough players looking to leave/transfer, as Tim Harris notes.

Tim Harris

Well we can take one more off the list.  I really hope Walker comes back.

Lake City Hog

January 10, 2016, 07:24:47 pm #44 Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:20:10 pm by Lake City Hog
So we now have 2 scholarships in hand, correct? If Walker does indeed take his degree and leave that would be 3.
So we are now at 4? with Carmouche dropping out.

Will we have any current "juniors" earn their degree by May?

redleg

2016 OFFENSE:  ???
QB - jr. Austin Allen, rfr. Rickey Town, rfr. Ty Storey, fr. Cole Kelley
FB - jr. Chirs Jones, fr. Hayden Johnson
TB - fr. Devwah Whaley, sr. Kody Walker, soph. Rawleigh Williams, soph. Juan Day
WR - sr. Keon Hatcher, jr. Jared Cornelius, jr. Damon Mitchell, rfr. Deon Stewart
WR - sr. Dominique Reed, sr. Drew Morgan, sr. Cody Hollister, rfr. LaMichael Pettway
TE - sr. Jeremy Sprinkle, rfr. Will Gragg, rfr. Austin Cantrell, soph. Jack Kraus, rfr. CJ O'Grady
LT - soph. Brian Wallace, rfr. Colton Jackson
LG - jr. Terrence Malone, soph. Josh Allen
C - soph. Zach Rogers, fr. Jake Heinrich
RG - jr. Frank Ragnow, rfr. Jalen Merrick
RT - sr. Dan Skipper, jr. Paul Ramirez

***I think Peavey transfers after spring practice...Kendrick Jackson is moving back to MLB...Josh Allen of Merrick could beat out Malone to start at LG***

2016 DEFENSE:  ???
DE - jr. Tevin Beanum, sr. Deatrich Wise, rfr. Jamario Bell
DT - sr. Taiwan Johnson, soph. Hjalte Froholdt, fr. Briston Guidry
DT - jr. Bijhon Jackson, soph. Armon Watts, fr. Austin Capps
DE - sr. Jeremiah Ledbetter, sr. JaMichael Winston, fr. McTelvin Agim
SLB - sr. Josh Williams, jr. Khalia Hackett, fr. De'Jon Harris
MLB - sr. Brooks Ellis, soph. Kendrick Jackson, fr. Giovanni LaFrance
WLB - soph. Dre Greenlaw, jr. Dwayne Eugene, fr. Alexy Jean-Baptiste
CB - sr. Jared Collins, jr. Henre' Tolliver
CB - sr. DJ Dean, soph. Ryan Pulley, jr. Joseph Putu
SS - jr. Josh Liddell, rfr. Nate Dalton, fr. Deon Edwards
FS - soph. Santos Ramirez, jr. Kevin Richardson or rfr. Willie Sykes

***I am projecting a few players, recruits, and even some current uncommitted players***
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

CDBHawg

Going to be interesting to see how the numbers "work" themselves out.  With 83 committed scholarships and the possibility to bring in 8 more, 9 if the Tully-Tillman kid transfers.

Oklahawg

Looking forward to the final updates :)

bennyl08

Correction to make: Ty Storey not Story.

Also Peavey not Peavy.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

tophawg19

need to move froholdt to o-line
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins