Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cards

Started by Amityvillehogger, May 16, 2005, 03:14:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

Did anyone happen to see the game the other day when the bases were loaded and Walker and Pujols struck out.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Razorback Jedi

Bomis Hawg

I missed that, but I did see the Cards having the best record in the NL  ;)

....MVPujols.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

WindyCityHog

I'll still take that lineup.....over most any other.

What I'm concerned with is the starting pitching other than Carpenter and Morris.  Mark Mulder had better step it up in a major way after really struggling going into the break.  I think they could do better than Suppan and Marquis though.....but I do have faith in Jocketty to remedy the problem.

Interesting note.....I have read numerous pieces saying that the Cards and Astros are the biggest suitors for one Adam Dunn....now that would be a lineup. :o

ledhead830

personally, I wouldn't want Dunn over Walker or Sanders in my lineup for the fact that Dunn can be the most inconsistent hitter in the big leagues at times.  Our lineup is fine right now, but I do think another pitcher, whether it's a starter or reliever would do just fine.  BTW, I don't think we will go for a starter out of the organization because Adam Wainwright has been ready to step up from Memphis for the past year and a half.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

WindyCityHog

Wainwright has HUGE upside....but he is a minor-leaguer....and I've heard he is the prime target of said Reds' officials....

You could do worse than Dunn.....with Edmonds and Sanders getting older....with this perhaps being Walker's last year....gotta start looking elsewhere.

But I could live with the lineup.....would love to get a SP and/or another reliable setup guy.

Jim Harris

Quote from: WindyCityHog on July 15, 2005, 07:08:16 am
I'll still take that lineup.....over most any other.

What I'm concerned with is the starting pitching other than Carpenter and Morris. Mark Mulder had better step it up in a major way after really struggling going into the break. I think they could do better than Suppan and Marquis though.....but I do have faith in Jocketty to remedy the problem.

Interesting note.....I have read numerous pieces saying that the Cards and Astros are the biggest suitors for one Adam Dunn....now that would be a lineup. :o

I thought Mulder basically handicuffed the Giants on Friday night? Looked like  his old Oakland self. Granted, he had three or four starts before that that left a lot to be desired, but he came out this season looking strong. I don't want him peaking until Sept.-Oct.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

maniax22bolts20

Roger Clemens vs. Chris Carpenter tomorrow at 1:15. First 30,000 fans paying admission get a free small statue of Jim Edmonds diving catch in last years NLCS.

Bomis Hawg

July 17, 2005, 07:43:20 pm #9 Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 07:47:25 pm by Bomis Hawg
Carpenter with a compete game shut-out, 3 hitter.  He had 9 K's.  A bearded Matt Morris hits the mound against the Brew Crew tomorrow, he's 10-2. 

For the Cards, I'd like to add a young outfielder.  Sanders and Edmonds are getting older.  Taguchi is up there, a little.  A guy to mold to take their spot would be nice -- or get a first baseman to mold and move Pujols to the outfield.

Wainright is 6-6 with a 3.71 ERA.  Remember Kevin Jarvis?  I believe he was supposed to be a good pitcher, I believe, with the Padres.  He is 7-1, with one complete game, in Memphis.  He came up for about 2 weeks, 0-10 with a horrible ERA.  Anthony Reyes, a 23-year old in Memphis, is having a very solid year pitching.  I think he has a couple of complete games and one shutout.  He might be called up next year or the end of the year -- just for spot duty.