Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just Bobby Portis

Started by popcornhog, November 17, 2015, 09:19:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

I caught the Bulls/Pacers game last night and got to see Bobby P up close and personal -- although he's not really a part of the lineup yet.

His jumper was looking good in warmups though. Can't wait to see him start getting some serious PT. the Bulls are just so deep at his position right now.
WPS

whosiskid

Quote from: popcornhog on November 17, 2015, 09:19:32 am
I caught the Bulls/Pacers game last night and got to see Bobby P up close and personal -- although he's not really a part of the lineup yet.

His jumper was looking good in warmups though. Can't wait to see him start getting some serious PT. the Bulls are just so deep at his position right now.

Having lived in Chicago from 1981 to 2013, I'm a huge Bulls fan, so I was ecstatic when we drafted him. But then it hit me he might get almost no playing time this year. His only real hope is if the Bulls manage to do something like trade Taj Griffin, which they've tried to do before. In the past the Bulls couldn't move him because they couldn't get enough in return, but this time I'm hoping they might move him for a salary exception, with the goal to get Bobby off the bench. Griffin is the seasoned vet, but Bobby has a much wider skill set, especially scoring. He just needs to keep learning the offense and I think the time will come when they move Griffin. Also, Taj is coming off an injury, which made trading him this summer a nonoption.

But in the long run, I love the idea of Bobby and Mirotic anchoring the front court. They are somewhat similar players. Mirotic is a better shooter, but they both work hard on the court, can handle the ball, are solid rebounders, and can score. A lot of Bull fans think Mirotic will, in the long run, stay at power forward and Bobby will take over for Noah. I absolutely love Noah, but he is aging rapidly, probably because he has always been such a hard worker on the court. His body has taken a beating.

Also, Gasol is reaching the point where you wonder how much longer he can play. He is what, 35? So for now Bobby has to wait, but he won't have to wait very long.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Horsesrus

I am going to Chicago in December and will attend the Clippers game only if BP starts getting some minutes.  I'm not a big enough NBA fan to go regardless.  I always check the Bulls box score to see how it's going for him.

TomasPistola

Looks like he thought you were gonna jump him or something. Nice pic. Glad he's with a good team, just wish he'd get some more PT.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

3kgthog

I stopped paying attention after 4-5 games and those coming off the bench in front of him were averaging more fouls than points or rebounds.

Quote from: whosiskid on November 17, 2015, 09:48:37 am
Having lived in Chicago from 1981 to 2013, I'm a huge Bulls fan, so I was ecstatic when we drafted him. But then it hit me he might get almost no playing time this year. His only real hope is if the Bulls manage to do something like trade Taj Griffin, which they've tried to do before. In the past the Bulls couldn't move him because they couldn't get enough in return, but this time I'm hoping they might move him for a salary exception, with the goal to get Bobby off the bench. Griffin is the seasoned vet, but Bobby has a much wider skill set, especially scoring. He just needs to keep learning the offense and I think the time will come when they move Griffin. Also, Taj is coming off an injury, which made trading him this summer a nonoption.

But in the long run, I love the idea of Bobby and Mirotic anchoring the front court. They are somewhat similar players. Mirotic is a better shooter, but they both work hard on the court, can handle the ball, are solid rebounders, and can score. A lot of Bull fans think Mirotic will, in the long run, stay at power forward and Bobby will take over for Noah. I absolutely love Noah, but he is aging rapidly, probably because he has always been such a hard worker on the court. His body has taken a beating.

Also, Gasol is reaching the point where you wonder how much longer he can play. He is what, 35? So for now Bobby has to wait, but he won't have to wait very long.
What's it like to live in Chicago?  Winters must be tough.

yraciv

Quote from: whosiskid on November 17, 2015, 09:48:37 am

It's Taj Gibson. And Bobby will play this year regularly at somepoint. True the team is deep but Gasol, Gibson, and Noah are all injury prone.  Someone will get hurt and Bobby will find his way into the rotation.