Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What was the morning rush talking about this morning?

Started by Danny J, November 17, 2015, 08:29:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

I caught the tail end of a conversation in regards to Thomas while he was at Colorado. Something about being a bad influence? Serious question....first I am hearing of any off the court issues at Colorado.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Danny J on November 17, 2015, 08:29:12 am
I caught the tail end of a conversation in regards to Thomas while he was at Colorado. Something about being a bad influence? Serious question....first I am hearing of any off the court issues at Colorado.
News to me.  Everything I read spoke glowingly of him.  One article even said he was expected to be a leader before transferring.  His issue was being forced to play inside.

TomBigBeeHog

Shouldn't be a problem going forward. Drug court is pretty strict. Plus, coach A would probably send him packing if there are other issues.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Swinesong1

November 17, 2015, 08:48:03 am #3 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:05:25 am by Swinesong1
Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 17, 2015, 08:38:20 am
Shouldn't be a problem going forward. Drug court is pretty strict. Plus, coach A would probably send him packing if there are other issues.
He could always choose football under Bielma and be a drunk.  You're guaranteed to keep your schollies then!

Hog_Swanson

Your first problem is listening to the morning rush.  I can say this because I was listing also.  They were speculating that Thomas was the bad influence since his case is still ongoing.  No facts at all, just keeping the ole rumor mill going.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on November 17, 2015, 09:39:51 am
Your first problem is listening to the morning rush.  I can say this because I was listing also.  They were speculating that Thomas was the bad influence since his case is still ongoing.  No facts at all, just keeping the ole rumor mill going.

Yeah it was dumb.  Pure pointless speculation.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 17, 2015, 08:38:20 am

Drug Court? This was no a controlled substance issue. What does drug court have to do with fake 50 dollar bills with General Grant on the bills?

PorkRinds

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 17, 2015, 10:10:08 am
Drug Court? This was no a controlled substance issue. What does drug court have to do with fake 50 dollar bills with General Grant on the bills?

Beard was given drug court as his punishment.  Drug court includes non drug and non violent offenses as well.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2015, 10:13:29 am
Beard was given drug court as his punishment.  Drug court includes non drug and non violent offenses as well.

Cool PorkHinds, I haven't lived in Arkansas for a couple years. I always thought Drug Court was Narcotics related thanks for the information I didn't know. +1 Pork

michaels

What the hell kinda sense does that make ?
Drug court for non drug related crimes?

Danny J

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on November 17, 2015, 09:39:51 am
What morons....I left thinking that Thomas was a bad influence and it was nothing but speculation. That is very upsetting to me.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: michaels on November 17, 2015, 11:21:45 am
What the hell kinda sense does that make ?
Drug court for non drug related crimes?
"Drug Court" was originally designed for first time drug offenders to get back on the straight and narrow and keep the charges off their long term record.  They should change the name to "alternative sentencing program" or something like that, because it is used for first time non-violent offenders of all sorts, not just drugs.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on November 17, 2015, 11:25:26 am
"Drug Court" was originally designed for first time drug offenders to get back on the straight and narrow and keep the charges off their long term record.  They should change the name to "alternative sentencing program" or something like that, because it is used for first time non-violent offenders of all sorts, not just drugs.

Many times those non-violent crimes are tied directly back to drug use.  Now with Beard that's not likely, but I think the reason they started allowing so many people to come into the program with non-drug charges is because it's seemed to work, so they wanted to expand it.  If it helps ease the number of people incarcerated, they see it as a positive.

Gerald Gilber

the little tool that made the remark has no clue, in my opinion he should have stayed in New York. I am positive he knows nothing of the situation, plus he needs to watch his language on there also. Again, just my opinion :razorback:
Can we play all our games at home????

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2015, 11:43:33 am
Many times those non-violent crimes are tied directly back to drug use.  Now with Beard that's not likely, but I think the reason they started allowing so many people to come into the program with non-drug charges is because it's seemed to work, so they wanted to expand it.  If it helps ease the number of people incarcerated, they see it as a positive.
I agree totally.  I just think maybe they should call it something like "alternative sentencing program" or something like that.  It just confuses people like the early posters in this thread.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 17, 2015, 08:48:03 am
He could always choose football under Bielma and be a drunk.  You're guaranteed to keep your schollies then!

WTH is this?

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged