Beard reinstated, suspended until Dec 18th

Started by Bacon_Bitz, November 16, 2015, 10:01:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: root_hawg on November 17, 2015, 04:33:29 pm
The basketball team was projected to be bad, reason for moving to lower court

Bull. Crap.

GatorHog

Beard knocking over some Hogvillians' bicycles...

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 17, 2015, 01:22:35 pm
Next time I'll will quantify it by counting the number of posters I'm referring to or calling them out individually.  Not sure how my comments are harsher than any punishment in any context.  If they rubbed anyone the wrong way it's probably because they hit a little too close to home.  That's how it usually works.
Kettle, meet pot!  Ever over-react much and blame everyone else?

whosiskid

Quote from: root_hawg on November 17, 2015, 04:33:29 pm
The basketball team was projected to be bad, reason for moving to lower court

I really don't think the court systems worry much about Hog basketball, or at least they shouldn't. From what others have said here this was standard treatment, not something based on Arkansas's need to have their point guard back. If Beard's future was saved just to improve the basketball team's record, you would expect that this would have happened in lots of other cases, but I remember losing a lot of players to serious infringements.

Quote from: hoglady on November 17, 2015, 03:40:36 pm
He was never charged by the Feds.
My understanding is it's a State crime unless the money came from out of state.
And I guess even then the Feds can decide whether they want to take the case or leave it at the state level.

Is this right? I really don't know, but it doesn't sound right. It makes it sound like counterfeiting is evoked on the federal level if it violates the interstate commercial act. If you counterfeited $5 million, would it still be a state matter? It woud seem to me that it would be more likely that the amount of money involved might trigger federal involvement. I'm sure the FBI doesn't want to investigate $300 of funny money. But I bet they would $5 million. I remember a case in Chicago where people were arrested for making fake money orders. I don't remember it being spent out of state triggering federal investigation.

But like I said, it is as easy for me to be wrong as it is to fall off a mountain.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

hobhog

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 17, 2015, 07:56:45 am
Weren't three footballers arrested in the past year for being drunk?  One underage?  Did he kick them off the team?

I know lots of people who got drunk before 21. Don't know any that committed a felony by passing counterfit money....just sayin apples and oranges.

rude1

Quote from: hobhog on November 17, 2015, 06:52:53 pm
I know lots of people who got drunk before 21. Don't know any that committed a felony by passing counterfit money....just sayin apples and oranges.
So drunk and driving = no problem. Counterfeit = throw the book at them? Ironically only one of these crimes actually has and will kill innocent people........

Swinesong1

Quote from: hobhog on November 17, 2015, 06:52:53 pm
it always is when defending football.  I also know plenty of death due to drunk driving.  Don't know anyone who died from fake money passing.

hobhog

I'm glad he is getting the second chance no doubt. But first time DUI and conterfiting are two different worlds to me. Doesn't matter- no one will care either way a month from now. He is getting the chance to play again and that's all that matters now, right?

PonderinHog

Quote from: hobhog on November 17, 2015, 07:45:24 pm
I'm glad he is getting the second chance no doubt. But first time DUI and conterfiting are two different worlds to me. Doesn't matter- no one will care either way a month from now. He is getting the chance to play again and that's all that matters now, right?
Actually, I hope he's learned from this experience - off the court.  He damn near screwed up a pretty good gig.

BadHog

Lots of judgmental misinformed opinions in here.  :(

Glad he is getting another chance. I have never broken the law but I've made a lot of mistakes. Glad I got some second chances, and third and fourth.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 17, 2015, 07:51:04 pm
Actually, I hope he's learned from this experience - off the court.  He damn near screwed up a pretty good gig.
Not to mention, he still has year of drug court to screw it up.  They will not take it easy on him.  One screw up there, and he is gone for good (from the team).  I did a couple weekends in Benton County when I was 17 and 18.  I am so glad I got a plea deal.  I learned from it and have never been back.  I hope Beard does the same.  Sometimes you have to stumble before you can walk.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

3kgthog

You know exactly why he got re-instated before Thomas. Beard actually has a chance to impact the team. He was always going to be punished and brought back as soon as legally possible.

GatorHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 17, 2015, 08:37:15 pm
You know exactly why he got re-instated before Thomas. Beard actually has a chance to impact the team. He was always going to be punished and brought back as soon as legally possible.

911 was an inside job

root_hawg

Really unless he had gone to prison, u think an all-freshman SEC player wasn't coming back???? And Monk moved right next to the University so he could face better competition as well right???

Swinesong1

Doesn't matter that Thomas' court case is after Beard's huh?  Do you people actually believe the nonsense you spew?

Pork Twain

I wish the US would get into the mode of utilizing more diversion programs, instead of just locking everyone up.  The long-term outcome is much better.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PorkRinds

Has nothing to do with their lawyers being different, and different court dates and all, huh?  Come on with that garbage.