Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Southern University

Started by Razorbacks#1, November 13, 2015, 06:29:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Southern has good guards. Good for Whitt to start against this.
[CENSORED]!

GatorHog

40MINSOFHELL

FreshHog

Quote from: GatorHog on November 13, 2015, 08:49:23 pm
Who's Erkel on the bench?

LOOL! I said the same thing, at least he's there and into it. Dudes got style! :D

BigNasty

21 for Hannahs and Moses with 20 thus far.  Nice numbers for those two

razorhog52

We need another post to step up this year. Hope Miles or Thompson can give some quality minutes. Outside shooting looks good. We need some one who can create. Whitt will probably be that guy ( or Beard)

Razorbacks#1

Folks, I know it's only the first game, an inferior opponent, but we may have something here, regardless what all the prognosticators have predicted.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hogman99

Quote from: razorhog52 on November 13, 2015, 08:47:26 pm
Whitt is just off tonight. Moses is the man!

Whitt is smooth. He doesn't force anything and seems to really understand how to play the game.

BigNasty

dsgreen

Durham fouls.  Souther misses the first, makes 2nd

Whitt with the layup on the other end

78-60 Hogs

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

GatorHog

Quote from: FreshHog on November 13, 2015, 08:50:15 pm
LOOL! I said the same thing, at least he's there and into it. Dudes got style! :D

Dude's got hellastyle, I beat he's got a funky floater, put 'em in!!!

dsgreen

4th foul on Kingsley, Southern makes 1 of 2

78-61 Hogs with 3:14 left

jry04

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on November 13, 2015, 08:51:41 pm
Folks, I know it's only the first game, an inferior opponent, but we may have something here, regardless what all the prognosticators have predicted.
I know most will say whatever, but Southern will have a legit shot of making the post season this year. Last year, they lost by 4 to Iowa State and 10 to Baylor. So they have potential to hang with the big dogs. They went 13-5 in their conference, and returned 4 of 5 starters, including 2 of their top 3 scorers. They will have a shot to go on and win 20 games and make NIT or NCAAT.

TheRazorback500

Durham understands the point guard position. He's really improved.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hogimus Prime

dsgreen

Kingsley with the dunk as my feed cuts out.

80-61 Hogs

GatorHog

BigNasty

dsgreen

Whitt with a jumper

82-61 Hogs with 2:03 left

Southern with a layup

82-63 Hogs with 1:54 left

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

dsgreen

Kingsley has fouled out, Southern shooting two and makes both

82-65 Hogs with 1:27 left

BigNasty

dsgreen

Bell with a layup off the Durham assist
Foul on Whitt

84-64 Hogs with :59 left

dsgreen

dsgreen

Miles with the offensive rebound/tip in

86-66 Hogs with :30 left

Biggus Piggus

Some surprising scores tonight. Illinois, NC State. Good start for Arkansas. Kentucky looked like crap.
[CENSORED]!

dsgreen

Quick layup for Southern

86-68 Hogs

Hogs are running the clock and that is the game.

BigNasty

We definately have some positives to build on from this game. 

Moses with a double- double at 22pts and 12 rebs.

Dusty with 21 pts in his debut and Whitt finished with 12 in his debut.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: dsgreen on November 13, 2015, 08:59:22 pm
Quick layup for Southern

86-68 Hogs

Hogs are running the clock and that is the game.
Thanks so much for your PBP. Much appreciated. Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

razorhog52

Good win. More offense I. Game 1 then I expected. Moses looked like the player we've hoped for. Hannah shoots like Steph. Whitt looked good in the second half. Solid effort.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Hawg Red

What a performance by Moses. He has a swagger now that I haven't seen from him before.

Durham with 10 assists is nice to see.

Whitt struggled but ended in double figures, so good to see him stick with it tonight.

Hannahs and Bell showed us how dangerous they can be together. Hannahs shoot it particuarly well.

Still not completely sure what this team will be this season, but it's Game 1. Nobody in the country is who they want to be right now. Looking forward to the next game. So good to have Arkansas basketball back.

BigNasty

Just now realized Moses did not miss a FG; he was 8-8

dsgreen

Moses was 8-8 from the field, 6-11 on free throws.  22 points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals, and 5 blocks.  Insane stat-line for him this game.

40MINSOFHELL

dsgreen

4 players in double figures.  Kingsley (22), Hannahs (21), Bell (14) and Whitt getting 12 in the 2nd half.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

BigNasty

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on November 13, 2015, 09:02:34 pm
Thanks go to you as well for helping out with the game thread.
You and dsgreen had it covered.  Glad to have Hog basketball back and excited for the season.

GatorHog

Dem Gazette front page 11/14/15: "Parting the Electric Blue Sea"

RyanLR

I think Jimmy Whitt just had first game nerves in the first half and looked great in the second. Really quiet 12 points for him. Moses looked like the best player on the floor overall. Dusty Hannahs is absolutely filthy from long range. I agree that if our other bigs start to improve we could have a really solid season. Anthlon Bell finally got in a rhythm as well. I think this is a team that is really going to be a TEAM. You never know who might lead in scoring on any given night. Defensively we looked very solid with Kingsley's 5 blocks and active hands in the passing lanes.

FreshHog

To all the haters out there....

At least we arent Georgia... :puke:

King Kong

Moses played great. Next year could be special with better players around him like Barford and potentially Monk

ADavisTheGOAT

We're not going to be as bad as many people think we'll be.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech