Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoop Hogs Land #1 JUCO Recruit

Started by Scott Marshall, November 13, 2015, 02:36:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

November 13, 2015, 02:36:45 pm Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:51:57 pm by Scott Marshall
Arkansas men's basketball head coach Mike Anderson announced Friday that 6-5 guard Jaylen Barford has signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) to join the Razorbacks and will transfer from Motlow State Community College for the 2016-17 season. Barford is ranked as the No. 1 junior college transfer in the 2016 class, with a 94 percent composite rating by 247Sports.

At Motlow State Community College (Tenn.), Barford averaged 20.6 points, 7.1 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 2.4 steals per game as a freshman. He shot 52.5 percent from the field and 70.1 percent from the foul line. Out of 27 games played, Barford scored in double figures 26 times, including 17 20-plus-point games, five double-doubles with rebounds and one double-double with assists.

#1 and #3 JUCO Recruits! Great recruiting class so far!!!

Read full article here: http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/hoop-hogs-land-1-juco-recruit

Danny J

I am really liking this class so far. Our staff has really stepped it up. Bravo

Hawg Red

Staff has signed (or will have signed by the end of the day) 75% of the 247 Sports' top 4-rated JUCO players for 2015. And they're awaiting the decision of the consensus #6 prep player in the country.

They get some much-deserved credit for this recruiting class.

ADavisTheGOAT

This staff has been recruiting their tails off this year. Gotta give them credit where its due. Now lets go get Monk  :razorback:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Pigliophile

If we can have a decent season this year, next year could be phenomenal. I have low expectations and high hopes about this year.

Hogimus Prime

This a great pick up.  A 6'4"-6'5" guard with his skill set is the perfect "3" in MA's system. Reason I say "3" is with his height he will be able to guard the other teams 3 on defense, but will be able to attack on offense like a guard.  Mix him with Whitt, Macon, Hannahs, Beard(if he comes back), Watkins and Jenkins and this will be MA's best guard group ever. Throw in Monk and it's game over

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on November 13, 2015, 03:18:21 pm
This a great pick up.  A 6'4"-6'5" guard with his skill set is the perfect "3" in MA's system. Reason I say "3" is with his height he will be able to guard the other teams 3 on defense, but will be able to attack on offense like a guard.  Mix him with Whitt, Macon, Hannahs, Beard(if he comes back), Watkins and Jenkins and this will be MA's best guard group ever. Throw in Monk and it's game over

Barford, Whitt, and Monk could be on the court together and interchange between the 1, 2, and 3 guard spots offensively and defensively.

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 13, 2015, 03:23:59 pm
Barford, Whitt, and Monk could be on the court together and interchange between the 1, 2, and 3 guard spots offensively and defensively.

Wouldn't that most likely be only for 1 year?  I guess Whitt and Barford would have 2 years to play with each other, but all accounts Monk wants to be a 1 and done, correct?

FaytownHog

Love the guys we're signing but they're all mid range in height. Are we going to get any big men?

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 13, 2015, 03:57:50 pm
Love the guys we're signing but they're all mid range in height. Are we going to get any big men?

Cook and Bailey are 6-7 and 6-8. That's pretty big for CMA

Dominicanhog

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 13, 2015, 03:57:50 pm

do you consider 6-8 Cooke a big man? if not then, no I don't think we will..

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 13, 2015, 04:15:55 pm
What's up i thought Cook was signing today as well, anybody know anything?

Razorod

Given that we're signing Cook and Bailey this year and passed on Mitchell Smith, I wonder if we're going to offer Shittu soon to go along with Gafford in 2017. That would give us one ready-to-play post and another one who's a bit of a developmental big. Both are 6-9 or above. Just wondering out loud here.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Razorod

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 13, 2015, 04:28:29 pm
What's up i thought Cook was signing today as well, anybody know anything?
6:00 pm signing time.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Razorod on November 13, 2015, 04:29:12 pm
Given that we're signing Cook and Bailey this year and passed on Mitchell Smith, I wonder if we're going to offer Shittu soon to go along with Gafford in 2017. That would give us one ready-to-play post and another one who's a bit of a developmental big. Both are 6-9 or above. Just wondering out loud here.

Shittu is very intriguing to me. But, like you said, definitely a developmental player.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 13, 2015, 03:23:59 pm

The throw in Hannahs and Macon and its a group where any of the five can light you up on a given night.

Razorod

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 13, 2015, 04:30:07 pm
Shittu is very intriguing to me. But, like you said, definitely a developmental player.
Yes, very much so. Have you seen him play? What little I've seen he reminds me a bit of Kingsley.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 13, 2015, 04:14:44 pm
Cook and Bailey are 6-7 and 6-8. That's pretty big for CMA

Cook and Bailey will be stretch 4s, with Bailey playing the 3 when MA goes big.

IMO the reason MA and staff passed on Smith was there were better options that were ready to play.  In 2017 the staff can take a chance on a project this year just wasn't the case.

downsouthhawg72

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 13, 2015, 03:13:46 pm
Just to compare our class with others in the SEC:

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/Commits

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/Commits

http://alabama.247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/Commits

http://tamu.247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/Commits

http://auburn.247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/Commits

Fatigue makes cowards of us all!!! We will have a good TEAM on the floor by the time it's all said & done....Key word is Team. All the stars beside your name in the world don't equal a TEAM...it helps though but it's not all it takes to make a team.>>>>> :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
DownSouthHawg

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

pigture perfect

Is he a 3 year player for us or just 2?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Jonteviosk

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 13, 2015, 02:51:52 pm
We are really gonna suck this year, but starting next year it's gonna be fun again.

I GUESS Moses Kingsley didn't get that memo tonight did he genius? Shutup and quit trolling.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Jonteviosk

Chris Scott ‏@ChristophScott3  · Nov 12 
Don't sleep on the @RazorbackMBB 2016 recruiting class. @YoD4__ ,@adriobailey , Jaylen Barford, @_____ballxbooks , Ted Kapita, with the

You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Jonteviosk on November 14, 2015, 02:19:39 am
Don't sleep on the @RazorbackMBB 2016 recruiting class. @YoD4__ ,@adriobailey , Jaylen Barford, @_____ballxbooks , Ted Kapita, with the

Kapita?

Boarcephus

Quote from: Scott Marshall on November 13, 2015, 02:36:45 pm

This is the type of recruiting Nolan did when he still had the fire within him .  Mike is young enough and has that fire and drive that Nolan lost later on in his career.  The Razorback BB program is in great hands with Mike.  Going to be a fun ride.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Jonteviosk on November 14, 2015, 02:19:39 am

The next half of that guys tweet mentions De'ron Davis as an option. Dude is clueless

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Scott Marshall on November 13, 2015, 02:36:45 pm
Arkansas men's basketball head coach Mike Anderson announced Friday that 6-5 guard Jaylen Barford has signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) to join the Razorbacks and will transfer from Motlow State Community College for the 2016-17 season. Barford is ranked as the No. 1 junior college transfer in the 2016 class, with a 94 percent composite rating by 247Sports.

At Motlow State Community College (Tenn.), Barford averaged 20.6 points, 7.1 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 2.4 steals per game as a freshman. He shot 52.5 percent from the field and 70.1 percent from the foul line. Out of 27 games played, Barford scored in double figures 26 times, including 17 20-plus-point games, five double-doubles with rebounds and one double-double with assists.

Read full article here: http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/hoop-hogs-land-1-juco-recruit

Be nice to win some games.

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hogwood

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 13, 2015, 04:15:55 pm

Cook is only 200 lbs. and thrives more as a big 3/stretch 4. Not a true big man, but big enough to play some PF. A big man to me is a 6'9" 245 lb. Ted Kapita. Kingsley and Thompson are big men as well at 6'10". We need big men who can compete with the Kentucky big men down low. 6'8" is too short. Would love to get a 6'10" guy this year. We will need it. Only 2 6'10" guys and next up 2 6'8" guys (Cook and Thomas) and a bunch of guards is pretty small IMO.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: hogwood on November 15, 2015, 02:22:02 am
Cook is only 200 lbs. and thrives more as a big 3/stretch 4. Not a true big man, but big enough to play some PF. A big man to me is a 6'9" 245 lb. Ted Kapita. Kingsley and Thompson are big men as well at 6'10". We need big men who can compete with the Kentucky big men down low. 6'8" is too short. Would love to get a 6'10" guy this year. We will need it. Only 2 6'10" guys and next up 2 6'8" guys (Cook and Thomas) and a bunch of guards is pretty small IMO.

Hey genius Cook is actually about 220 that was last years listed size. 6'8 is fine for PF. We also signed 6'8 Adrio Bailey and will prolly sign Andrew Gordon 6'10 230. Plus all these guards as you call them will be running circles around the competition. Dustin Thomas 6'8 225.

scruf

Monk or no Monk, next year's team will be really fun to watch and a handful to play. NCAAT-caliber roster. That said, bring on Monk.

Pork Twain

If MA can land a few classes like this, I will have to revise my opinion on his recruiting.  Great job so far.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

opineonswine

Can't wait to see Barford in action.