Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Unprepared For Chanticleers Passing Game

Started by Mike Irwin, November 05, 2017, 07:07:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 05, 2017, 07:14:55 pm
After 5 years I'd say this is pretty common.
Literally took the words out of my mouth. The only thing that can be counted on for sure is that virtually week after week, game after game either the offense or defense or both are generally unprepared. Doesn't really matter the quality of the team either. Heck, we make virtually every team a clone of Alabama and every QB or RB an instant Heisman Award candidate.

swineology

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 05, 2017, 07:07:36 pm
The Hogs squeak out another win despite another puzzling performance by their defense.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/hogs-unprepared-for-chanticleers-passing-game/851682614

CBB was unprepared for his opponent, nothing to see here, move along.

Keep throwing those softballs Mike!

Grow a set Mike, call a spade a spade

Youngsta71701

The Hogs squeak out another win despite another puzzling performance by their defense.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/hogs-unprepared-for-chanticleers-passing-game/851682614
See, that's the problem. We're never prepared. It's nothing new, it's the norm.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 05, 2017, 07:18:48 pm
Literally took the words out of my mouth. The only thing that can be counted on for sure is that virtually week after week, game after game either the offense or defense or both are generally unprepared. Doesn't really matter the quality of the team either. Heck, we make virtually every team a clone of Alabama and every QB or RB an instant Heisman Award candidate.
Don't forget about the WR's.

31to6

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 05, 2017, 09:01:49 pm
But they had a great week of practice.

Don't worry though. I didn't see anything on the film that can't be fixed.

doc53

Quote from: 31to6 on November 05, 2017, 10:12:34 pm

..and don't forget,"We are close!"
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

parallaxpig

We aren't physical at the point of attack and our linebackers are slow. You couple that with the bend don't break attitude and we get what we saw Saturday.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

HoggyCat

Quote from: 31to6 on November 05, 2017, 10:12:34 pm

We're really close.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

DeltaBoy

Uncommon Preparation. The worse win in School history.

I made the Call is a play right out of the HDN playbook.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

How could the Hogs have been unprepared when Bielema says every single week that the team had a great week of "preparation". Is he talking about Preparation H?

Even if the Hogs took the entire week off from practice, they should have killed CC. There is something going on with this team that is no x's and o's. It's lack of care, lack of emotion, lack of focus. And that is due to the coaching staff.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 05, 2017, 09:01:49 pm

I don't know if anyone referenced this before me, but Santos Ramirez said it all...

..."To give up those easy catches, that was like what are we doing?" Ramirez complained in the post game press conference. "Are we ready to come out here and play? We did pick it up but we can't allow that. A lot of teams are way better than that. We can't allow that, man."

I, for one, am glad to see someone vocally calling out this team's intensity. The coach should have done this instead of serving PB&J..!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hoglady

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 05, 2017, 07:18:48 pm

I said on Saturday to some friends - we made their starter look like Joe Montana backed up by Steve Young.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

parallaxpig

Quote from: hoglady on November 06, 2017, 10:44:07 am
I said on Saturday to some friends - we made their starter look like Joe Montana backed up by Steve Young.

Every QB that plays Hogs has a Heisman moment.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Wisco Pig

The performance of the defense was not "puzzling" in the least.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: doc53 on November 06, 2017, 12:43:52 am
Yep, we've been close 5 years and running...lol

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hoglady on November 06, 2017, 10:44:07 am
Lol...that's a good one.

razorsharptusk

I actually felt sorry for Coastal Carolina.  Beat us in every way but the score board.
GO HOGS!!

PorkRinds

November 06, 2017, 12:56:59 pm #20 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:52:03 pm by PorkRinds
I think we could take out the word passing and be more accurate.

hog47

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 06, 2017, 08:25:23 am
How could the Hogs have been unprepared when Bielema says every single week that the team had a great week of "preparation". Is he talking about Preparation H?

Even if the Hogs took the entire week off from practice, they should have killed CC. There is something going on with this team that is no x's and o's. It's lack of care, lack of emotion, lack of focus. And that is due to the coaching staff.
Totally agree with the "something going on" department. BB always has an excuse for why they couldn't or can't cover the triple option and pass plays from this formation.  Like we can't but every other low ranked team they have played can?? Give me a break. Please!!!!

M L (bassplayer)

To me it looked like the option out of the spread freaked us out. We were coming up to stop it and then trying to play man.

Hog-Corleone

Let me fix this headline for you Mike.

Hogs Unprepared For Chanticleers Passing Game 2017 Season
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

atom hog

I'm no coach, but for the life if me I'm trying to figure the uncharacteristic things our D did in this game. D line getting thrown around like rag folks - characteristic. D giving up big plays- characteristic. Sh$tty tackling - characteristic. Lack of gap discipline - characteristic. Laying down at point of attack - characteristic. We are the 92nd ranked defense in FBS, and we look worse than that.

wachhog

Time for Bret to stop talking. Simply say, "Thank you for the  $20 plus million. It's been my pleasure to take it. I wish you well. Goodbye."

atom hog

Quote from: wachhog on November 06, 2017, 05:13:01 pm
Time for Bret to stop talking. Simply say, "Thank you for the  $20 plus million. It's been my pleasure to take it. I wish you well. Goodbye."
^^^^
This would be refreshingly honest. Because his smart-a$$ act at the presser said this in no uncertain terms.

daBoar

Quote from: doc53 on November 06, 2017, 12:43:52 am
Most importantly, today the DC said the Hogs tackled well on Saturday.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 06, 2017, 10:28:06 am
I don't know if anyone referenced this before me, but Santos Ramirez said it all...

..."To give up those easy catches, that was like what are we doing?" Ramirez complained in the post game press conference. "Are we ready to come out here and play? We did pick it up but we can't allow that. A lot of teams are way better than that. We can't allow that, man."

I, for one, am glad to see someone vocally calling out this team's intensity. The coach should have done this instead of serving PB&J..!!!

Agree. The pb&j snack time sammies are about the stupidest thing ever. And yet we wonder why we suck so bad in the 2nd half.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: wachhog on November 06, 2017, 05:13:01 pm
Most succinct post of the day.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

DeltaBoy

We seem unprepared most weeks this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Porkchop#1

November 07, 2017, 08:21:14 pm #31 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:12:39 am by Porkchop#1
Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 07, 2017, 10:35:24 am
We seem unprepared most weeks this year.
Exactly, they could have lit up the defense running the ball if they had wanted to, they just chose to pass it.  Next week, LSU will light us up running the ball.  Or throwing, what ever they try, will work great.  And we will seem unprepared, like always.

Shrevepork

Vantage 8 dude

So it all came down to Ramirez getting all over his team mates to get them to exert more effort. Yeah, I understand that for a team to play its best you have to have players, especially those with seniority, to be leaders and to help motivate and lead the way. However, what really bothers me about much of this is where was the coaching staff during all this mess ??? What type of adjustments were being made when CC supposedly came out with this surprise attack? What was the defensive staff doing to help the kids get in the right schemes to address the various formations?

The whole point is that apparently, much like their HC, they were either standing on the sideline in a daze or perhaps up in the press box doing god knows what. However, WHEREVER they were it sure the heck wasn't doing a darn thing to help the kids out. Therein lies some one of the main problems on that side of the ball. 

hogatheart

Our defense is straight up aweful, with the exception of some corners who are coming along, and even THEY regressed against CC. The 3-4 did us no favors and for this issue to be brought up for the CC game is mind boggling. Our D has been aweful for a long time now.

regi

It was a 1-7 Sunbelt bottom feeder.  No need to prepare for them Honestly.  Spend the last 2 weeks Preparing for LSU, and any solid SEC team should beat them by 4 TDs.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: regi on November 08, 2017, 11:52:36 am
It was a 1-7 Sunbelt bottom feeder.  No need to prepare for them Honestly.  Spend the last 2 weeks Preparing for LSU, and any solid SEC team should beat them by 4 TDs.

that would be true of any SEC team.....except a Bielema led Arkansas team...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

phadedhawg

Quote from: razorsharptusk on November 06, 2017, 12:23:04 pm
I actually felt sorry for Coastal Carolina.  Beat us in every way but the score board.

Yeah after Kelley got us into the end zone to take the lead my wife and I high fived and then kinda just stared at the TV.  She said "I actually feel guilty about winning this game" and I agreed. 

The Coastal Carolina kids were playing their hearts out and came up short.  We won the game but it felt like an ugly defeat.

SA Hog Fan

Title is too long.  Should read "Hogs Unprepared"

PorkRinds

Quote from: razorsharptusk on November 06, 2017, 12:23:04 pm

Not really.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: swineology on November 05, 2017, 08:34:41 pm
CBB was unprepared for his opponent, nothing to see here, move along.

Keep throwing those softballs Mike!

Grow a set Mike, call a spade a spade

He wrote about the game, the players and what happened on the field. What he wrote was accurate. It's not his job to be the mouthpiece of fans.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

The Hawg Marshal

MJ2

Mike - they're never prepared for anything.   It's all coaching.