Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sad News - David Bain

Started by bluggerhead, January 01, 2006, 06:03:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bluggerhead

January 01, 2006, 06:03:51 pm Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 12:15:11 am by RazorRichard
Sad News.... David Bane a regular caller on Press Row and an avid baseball fan and duck hunter passed away earlier today.  He had a heart attack.  I believe his services will be in LR on Tuesday.

Hog_One_Stop

My prayers are with his family, loved to listen to David when he called in on Mike and Bo radio show always was positive on baseball team.

WindyCityHog

pioneerhog

I don't know the man or his family but I will say a prayer for them as they go through this tough time.

Hoggysoprano

Was this the guy with the real gruff voice? He was a real big Hog baseball fan, he will be missed. I wish his family well.

BigPapaHawg

My prayes will go out to his family!
WOO PIG

Cajun Hog

His family will be in our prayers and peace to his family and friends.

Thehammer

Quote from: bluggerhead on January 01, 2006, 06:03:51 pm
Sad News.... David Bane a regular caller on Press Row and an avid baseball fan and duck hunter passed away earlier today. He had a heart attack. I believe his services will be in LR on Tuesday.

Wow!! I don't know the gentleman either, but stop and think about it.   He passed away on New Year's Day.   Tough deal for his family.   Starting out the new year this way. 

Godspeed to them. 

Macgyver_Hawg

This is terrible news.  I used to hear him all the time on Press Row and I almost felt like I knew him.
Prayers go out to the family.

hog caller

January 01, 2006, 10:22:13 pm #9 Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 10:24:15 pm by WindyCityHog
may his family recieve the peace that only God can give them during this trying time . God bless

Kodiak

I always enjoyed hearing him on the radio. And I told myself many times to look him up at the ball games. I really blew my chances.
Rest in Peace !!
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

hawkeyefan17

Come baseball season for the Hogs you could always count on regular calls from David Bane on Press Row. He was always an entertaining caller, gave great opinions and he loved baseball and you could tell he loved the Hogs.

I never knew him but I always felt like I did when he called.

My 1000th post goes to David Bane.

artyhog

Prayers are going up.  Hogville is missing him already.

boomer

I am friends with David and have been on the Benton County DU committee for the 10 years he was up here. We on the committee will miss him and it is nice to see how others out there, those who know him and those that listened, thought of him. David will be sorely missed by all.

David passed on December 31 while in Little Rock. He had duck hunted that morning and had gone into Little Rock and had lunch with his mother. He had left to go back out to do what he loved, I feel more than Hog baseball, duck hunting. The viewing is Tuesday with the funeral service Wednesday in Little Rock. I know his wife, Deb, will thank all for their thoughts and prayers and I will let her know the response here.

Buck Ocean

Think like a Jedi

mikeirwin

Bo, Shawn, David, Darren, Droid and I along with the Press Row audience are greatly saddened by this news. David Bane was a treasure. Hog baseball season will not be the same without him. Good huntin' up there Bane. We love you, man

boomer

Mike,

Could you let the folks, Van Horn, Pags and others, know of David's passing? I know that they would appreciate it.

Shawn

man, this is sad. Mike called me this morning with this sad news. No matter how busy he was(man, it sucks writing in past tense), Bain always made you felt welcomed.  I got teary eyed this morning when I hung up with Mike. I had/have his number programmed on my phone and when I scrolled to his name....it hit me.
He was one of the first people to call our show when NOBODY listened. He went from a listener to a true friend. When I landed my network gig with Conference Call. I gotta call and on the other end was this familiar, raspy voice.
"Swan, David Bain."
"Whatta ya say Bain?"
We talked for about 45 minutes and I never will forget how the conversation ended.
"I am proud of you son."
Thanks Bain, I am proud of you too!

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: ccall on January 02, 2006, 02:34:58 pm
man, this is sad. Mike called me this morning with this sad news. No matter how busy he was(man, it sucks writing in past tense), Bain always made you felt welcomed. I got teary eyed this morning when I hung up with Mike. I had/have his number programmed on my phone and when I scrolled to his name....it hit me.
He was one of the first people to call our show when NOBODY listened. He went from a listener to a true friend. When I landed my network gig with Conference Call. I gotta call and on the other end was this familiar, raspy voice.
"Swan, David Bain."
"Whatta ya say Bain?"
We talked for about 45 minutes and I never will forget how the conversation ended.
"I am proud of you son."
Thanks Bain, I am proud of you too!

Great true story. David will be missed. Prayers and support are sent to his family. Do they need anything that yall know of ?

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: bluggerhead on January 01, 2006, 06:03:51 pm
Sad News.... David Bane a regular caller on Press Row and an avid baseball fan and duck hunter passed away earlier today. He had a heart attack. I believe his services will be in LR on Tuesday.
Stunned..Prayers to the Bane family. Always was a bright spot when he called  press row..God Bless David

Pig Power

Quote from: boomer on January 02, 2006, 11:05:12 am
I am friends with David and have been on the Benton County DU committee for the 10 years he was up here. We on the committee will miss him and it is nice to see how others out there, those who know him and those that listened, thought of him. David will be sorely missed by all.

David passed on December 31 while in Little Rock. He had duck hunted that morning and had gone into Little Rock and had lunch with his mother. He had left to go back out to do what he loved, I feel more than Hog baseball, duck hunting. The viewing is Tuesday with the funeral service Wednesday in Little Rock. I know his wife, Deb, will thank all for their thoughts and prayers and I will let her know the response here.
Been on the committee as well and can echo your sentiments. Dave was one of the nicest people you would have ever met. Was an avid outdoorsman and a true Rback baseball fan. I considered myself lucky to have been his friend.

mikeb

Prayers from my family are with you

HogSkinsDisease

My prayers are with the Bane family.  I always enjoyed listening to David on Press Row through out the years.  You will be missed.

Galleywinter

Oh crap. that sucks. David sat a few seats down from me at the baseball games, on the other side of Micky. Fellow Sec. 113 /Row E. Loved to hear him and the Professor go back and forth. "Come on Blue" in that gravely voice. A good man, and good supporter of the hogs.