Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BCS: Update

Started by RollTideHog, January 19, 2012, 09:33:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RollTideHog

The NCAA and the BCS are in the final stages of approving a new format for determining college football's national champion beginning in 2013. The new format is commonly referred to as a "Plus One" system, where, after all bowl games are played there will be one additional game (the Plus One) where the team atop the BCS standings will play Alabama.  ;D

Pigneous Rock

Quote from: RollTideHog on January 19, 2012, 09:33:56 pm
The NCAA and the BCS are in the final stages of approving a new format for determining college football's national champion beginning in 2013. The new format is commonly referred to as a "Plus One" system, where, after all bowl games are played there will be one additional game (the Plus One) where the team atop the BCS standings will play Alabama;D

lol

Nosboar Accubond

The NCAA and the BCS are in the final stages of approving a new format for determining college football's national champion beginning in 2013. The new format is commonly referred to as a "Plus One" system, where, after all bowl games are played there will be one additional game (the Plus One) where the team atop the BCS standings will play Alabama.  ;D
ha ha... that's pretty good

hawgXi

personally, I think the SEC championship game should crown the NC football team.

Since they will never give up the bowl system, the SEC champ should have a by to the +1 and it may be a rematch of the SECCG.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

LMAO  ;D ;D ;D
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

Fayettechill14

jgphillips3

Now that's pretty funny right there. Based on this year could we call that the "if at first you don't succeed plan"? :)

yonklick455

Quote from: hawgXi on January 19, 2012, 10:15:13 pm
personally, I think the SEC championship game should crown the NC football team.

It normally does anyway. This year being the exception of course.  :razorback: ::hornsdown::
Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 14, 2012, 09:10:36 am
no offense bro, but i don't think you've ever taken anything with a grain of salt in your life.

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 17, 2013, 10:11:51 pm
Man, the FCI that day was Threat Level Midnight.

ADinWaiting

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 20, 2012, 12:12:51 am
Now that's pretty funny right there. Based on this year could we call that the "if at first you don't succeed plan"? :)
He swings and it's a deep fly ball to left center field, this ones got a chance..........IT'S OUTTA HERE!! That another round tripper for jgphillips3! +1
"I was not happy with the direction of the program and a change in leadership was needed."

razorback45

That is pretty good,  But all Joking aside. As for the BCS, its actually been a good indicator or the rank of the teams and that along with a plus one, I feel confident it will give us the top 4 teams in the nation or at least the top 2 and make them prove it before they play the Championship.  Then let the BCS do what they do as rewards to the other top 25 and so on.  I still think they need to go to a system where a 7 win season is required to be bowl eligible, but hey that's me wanting to see all teams playing in bowls finish the season with a winning or break even system.  The way it is now, lots of teams finish the year at 6-7 and that sucks for a system that is supposed to be rewarding the elite teams for the year.
!!!!!!!!!!Love Those Hogs !!!!!!!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

The NCAA and the BCS are in the final stages of approving a new format for determining college football’s national champion beginning in 2013. The new format is commonly referred to as a “Plus One” system, where, after all bowl games are played there will be one additional game (the Plus One) where the team atop the BCS standings will play Alabama.  ;D

Funny, but it should read, "whomever is the second place team in the SEC West".
Go Hogs Go!