Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devwah Whaley

Started by Pigstie, March 15, 2018, 08:32:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigstie

I haven't heard his name much this spring. Any ideas how he's doing?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Chuck Beavers

One thing I've learned following the Razorbacks for almost 50 years: Don't pay any attention to anything anyone says in or about spring training - good or bad.

TeufelHog

Quote from: Chuck Beavers on March 15, 2018, 08:42:30 pm
One thing I've learned following the Razorbacks for almost 50 years: Don't pay any attention to anything anyone says in or about spring training - good or bad.
THIS . . . unless it relates to "foot injuries!"

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Chuck Beavers on March 15, 2018, 08:42:30 pm
Fall practice too...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

systemroot

DeltaBoy

Silence is Golden!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgphat

I am under the impression that Coach Morris has dictated a comprehensive "body weight adjustment" program for the entire player complement in general.  It is also my impression that Devway Whaley has been ordered to drop some weight, hoping to enable him to perhaps be a tad bit speedier, more elusive and more flexible.  Is this indeed the correct scoop in the case of Whaley?  If so, does anyone have any info regarding Whaley's progress thus far?

Snout team

Quote from: Hawgphat on March 20, 2018, 01:27:38 pm
I am under the impression that Coach Morris has dictated a comprehensive "body weight adjustment" program for the entire player complement in general.  It is also my impression that Devway Whaley has been ordered to drop some weight, hoping to enable him to perhaps be a tad bit speedier, more elusive and more flexible.  Is this indeed the correct scoop in the case of Whaley?  If so, does anyone have any info regarding Whaley's progress thus far?

I have only seen limited numbers in spring practice reports.  He has not been at the top of the list in yrds per carry in the ones I have seen.  I don't pretend to know what the play calls were for each of the backs.  Some of the others has impressive numbers on break away runs or at least chunk runs.  I can't speak for how much of that is related to play calling, blocking or purely RB production.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Porkys Revenge

His freshman year I always wanted him in the game. He always seemed to be just one step away from taking it to the house.

He definitely lose a step last year, as that explosiveness was gone. Sure hope  he gets its back.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on March 21, 2018, 09:29:13 am
His freshman year I always wanted him in the game. He always seemed to be just one step away from taking it to the house.

He definitely lose a step last year, as that explosiveness was gone. Sure hope  he gets its back.
I certainly don't know a thing for sure. However, perhaps it was just a matter of a "sophomore jinx", or more likely the fact that perhaps the young man gained a little too much weight between seasons and it hurt his overall performance. Whatever the reason(s) let's hope that the new staff and new off season regimen will help Devwah regain some of the freshman magic.

Mjs84

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 21, 2018, 09:42:18 am
I certainly don't know a thing for sure. However, perhaps it was just a matter of a "sophomore jinx", or more likely the fact that perhaps the young man gained a little too much weight between seasons and it hurt his overall performance. Whatever the reason(s) let's hope that the new staff and new off season regimen will help Devwah regain some of the freshman magic.

Fact: all Beilemas backs and lineman got slower each year under his watch

presidenthog

Quote from: Mjs84 on March 21, 2018, 11:15:21 pm
Fact: all Beilemas backs and lineman got slower each year under his watch

MissippHog

Quote from: Hawgphat on March 20, 2018, 01:27:38 pm
It is also my impression that Devway Whaley has been ordered to drop some weight, hoping to enable him to perhaps be a tad bit speedier, more elusive and more flexible.  Is this indeed the correct scoop in the case of Whaley?  If so, does anyone have any info regarding Whaley's progress thus far?
Does Terry still post here?  Maybe he can chime in and update us on DW.