Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got a new micro carry piece yesterday evening

Started by Albert Einswine, November 10, 2015, 09:48:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

Smith&Wesson M&P Bodyguard .380 pocket pistol.

Ran a couple of boxes through it today and it handled flawlessly and is extremely accurate. So far so good with this little thing. Fits right down in the back pocket of my jeans.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DeltaBoy

They look nice glad you got one they are solid little guns.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bolo

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 10, 2015, 09:48:44 pm
Smith&Wesson M&P Bodyguard .380 pocket pistol.

Ran a couple of boxes through it today and it handled flawlessly and is extremely accurate. So far so good with this little thing. Fits right down in the back pocket of my jeans.
what does one of those cost. looking at getting my wife a gun.
R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

Albert Einswine

Quote from: bolo on January 17, 2016, 10:24:17 am

I caught mine on special at Rural King for $289, but they usually run $350 or thereabout. Great little gun.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Albert Einswine

tophawg19

what are the target distances in Arkansas to get a CC permit ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Albert Einswine

Pulled(PP)pork

good looking piece

I bought a concealment holster for my Ruger 9, yesterday

PP

DeltaBoy

Texas is

Stage 1: Twenty shots (20) will be fired from 3 yards.
A. Five (5) shots fired in a "One Shot Exercise" 2 seconds allowed for each shot.
B. Ten shots (10) fired in a "Two Shot Exercise" 3 seconds allowed for each two shot sequence.
C. Five (5) shots fired in 10 seconds
Stage 2: Twenty shots (20) will be fired from 7 yards – fired 5 stages.
A. Five (5) shots will be fired in 10 seconds
B. Five (5) shots will be fired in 2 stages:
1. Two (2) shots will be fired in 4 seconds
2. Three (3) shots will be fired in 6 seconds
C. Five (5) shots fired in a "One Shot Exercise" 3 seconds allowed for each shot.
D. Five (5) shots fired in 15 seconds.
Stage 3: Ten shots (10) fired from 15 yards – fired in two 5-shot strings.
A. Five (5) shots fired in two stages:
1. Two (2) shots fired in 6 seconds.
2. Three (3) shots fired in 9 seconds.
B. Five (5) shots fired in 15 seconds.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Art Vandelay

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 17, 2016, 02:13:36 pm

When I took mine, which was about 2 or 3 years ago, we only shot about 5 rounds at about 10 yards if my memory serves me right. If you had any problems with that then you could try it again. They were just seeing if you could handle the weapon and hit the paper. They should probably require more than that IMO.

DeltaBoy

David†

Congrats on your purchase. Hope you never have to use it :)

Did you look at other guns?  I have my eye on the sig p238 or p938, just wondering if you tried them?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: David† on January 25, 2016, 11:02:46 pm
Congrats on your purchase. Hope you never have to use it :)

Did you look at other guns?  I have my eye on the sig p238 or p938, just wondering if you tried them?

I love the look and feel of both the Sigs. I have 2 friends that own the Sig P238 and my son owns a P938, and I've shot both models. The problem is I can't hit the broad side of a barn with either of them, literally. Therefore they're no better than paperweights to me.

David†

If you can't hit, you must acquit.

The bodyguards are slick guns. I may have to look into one.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: bolo on January 17, 2016, 10:24:17 am

Have her shoot it first if possible because it is a double action trigger.  I was really in love with the Smith and Wesson when looking for a new gun for my wife.  I shoot a sig p290rs 9mm and love the double action only trigger.  My wife however HATED it. She is now a glock fanboy, or I guess woman because she shot and fell in love with the 42.  I do have to admit that the trigger on the glock is nice and the more I shoot it the more I consider getting a 43.  Let her shoot it before you buy it, had I just brought home a smith and wesson she would have had a gun but she most likely wouldn't go and shoot it.  She does shoot the glock and will go with me most of the time when I want to go shoot. 

rickm1976

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 17, 2016, 02:13:36 pm

7 yards I think.  My memory ain't what it used to be.