Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC well represented on list of College Football's 10 Most Hated Teams

Started by WizardofhOgZ, March 01, 2016, 09:34:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GalaHawg

No LSU??? and why would anyone hate South Carolina - perhaps a confusion of USCs???

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: GalaHawg on March 01, 2016, 09:40:06 am
No LSU??? and why would anyone hate South Carolina - perhaps a confusion of USCs???

Probably the residual effect of the Spurrier years . . . Steve is a "love him or hate him" kind of guy.

navyhog24

So its basically all of the teams ESPN can't shut up about and shoves down our throats

WizardofhOgZ

factchecker

Clemson and South Carolina are huge rivals. 

The source of this poll was reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/47m1ei/hate_map_results/

Here is a close up of the map--

Each state is represented by the team hated most by it's residents.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

trphog

My thoughts exactly. Why would anyone hate USCe over USCw. I am somewhat surprised we aren't on the list towards the bottom. Coach B is pretty polarizing at times.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 01, 2016, 09:34:23 am
. . . But NOT at #1 . . .

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/704408452173537280
While I too might really puzzle over the USCe inclusion, the one team at the very top is totally a non surprise. When you include THE Ohio State University in every introduction that clearly smacks of total and complete hubris and arrogance. What a bunch of jerks....

jrulz83

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 01, 2016, 10:45:52 am
While I too might really puzzle over the USCe inclusion, the one team at the very top is totally a non surprise. When you include THE Ohio State University in every introduction that clearly smacks of total and complete hubris and arrogance. What a bunch of jerks....

So you don't care for the U either?

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Big Boi

razorbackfan86

Hogberry Snortcake

lahawg1

Razor1997

Quote from: jrulz83 on March 01, 2016, 10:56:46 am
So you don't care for the U either?

The U was a lot more hateable back when they didn't lose home games by scores like 59-0.  These days I just kind of feel sorry for them.

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on March 01, 2016, 11:05:49 am
Georgia hates Georgia.

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 01, 2016, 11:07:59 am
And Texas hates Texas...

Texas hating Texas is easy to explain, all the A&M/Tech/Baylor/TCU fans hating the Longhorns.  Georgia hating Georgia is more difficult to explain.  I guess all the Georgia Tech fans hate the Bulldogs, but the Bulldogs fans are split between GT and Florida?

dhizzle

Why would Alaska hate Alabama? Do they even have a football team? Maybe because Alabama is first in alphabetical order of states.

Hoggish1

LMAO if Olepiss and Allbarn gets left off.  What is USCe doing on there—that's stupid!

jrulz83

Quote from: Razor1997 on March 01, 2016, 11:24:29 am
The U was a lot more hateable back when they didn't lose home games by scores like 59-0.  These days I just kind of feel sorry for them.

I wear some Hurricanes gear from time to time and it generates a negative reaction from somebody almost every time I wear some of it.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Vantage 8 dude

Paul

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on March 01, 2016, 11:01:52 am
Nice to see nobody hates us.
actually wish we were on the list...would mean we were a more successful program

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Big Boi on March 01, 2016, 10:58:02 am
Hard to believe Norte Dame didn't make the list

Concur. I have no problem hating Notre Dame and know I'm not alone. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Paul on March 01, 2016, 12:08:26 pm
actually wish we were on the list...would mean we were a more successful program
Problem is that the hate will never happen!! Everyone finds those grizzly and snorting hogs lovable and fashionably stylish. Besides, having a Razorback for your official mascot is the "bomb". :razorback: :) :D ;D 8) ;) 

go hogues

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 01, 2016, 09:56:48 am
BTW, here is a map of each state's most hated team . . .

Lol @ Vermont and New Hampshire hating on teams from Bama. The general hatred of the south is strong in those states.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

bigdaddyhawg

I'll just say it warms my heart to see AU (the Goat Rapers on the Beautiful Plains) and TAMU (the Goat Rapers on the Not So Beautiful Plains) high on that list.

Revives my hope in humanity.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PORKULATOR

I'm hip! My sentiments exactly
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Funny that Texas, USC, NC, USCe, UGa and Old Piss are all hated the most in their own states.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawgwash

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 01, 2016, 12:55:51 pm
Funny that Texas, USC, NC, USCe, UGa and Old Piss are all hated the most in their own states.
Kentucky too.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 01, 2016, 12:55:51 pm
All of those states have in-state rivals who don't really have other rivals themselves. I bet Kentucky divides its hate between Tennessee, Vandy, Bama and maybe Florida too, while Louisville has eyes only for UK. Likewise Clemson/USC, MSU/USM/OM, GT/UGA, NCS/Duke/UNC, Baylor/TCU/TTU/Houston/Texass.

You can see that the Cocktail Party between UGA and UF isn't as important as billed, as UF is still looking at the Seminoles. I'd be willing to bet FSU divides between UF and Miami though.

Related: http://imgur.com/yBFIv6m

Uncommon

I'm glad Baylor made the list.  Any misery that program receives is well deserved.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Not that hard to figure out.  Note every team on the list except BU and SCe has a hate partner listed.

Michigan Hates OSU and OSU hates Michigan.  These are two of the largest universities in the country.  OSU wins the hate contest because most of the rest of the B1G hates them as well.

Alabama and Auburn again a case of mirror hating with Bama winning like Ohio State because much of the rest of the SEC is sick of them.

Texas Texas A&M easy again two huge schools hatin on each other with Texas picking up residual votes because no one likes them.

Florida Florida State with Gators getting the residual SEC hate and probably a little shade from GA fans.

South Carolina's hate partner is Clemson.  I'm guessing if you dropped the list to top 15 Clemson might be on there.

Baylor is the odd one, but probably just picking up the hate from Muslims that voted.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 01, 2016, 04:25:22 pm
Baylor is the odd one, but probably just picking up the hate from Muslims that voted.
Nobody likes the upstarts. A few years ago that would have been BSU instead.

jgphillips3

Why does Nevada hate Alabama?  Too many gamblers losing money on the games?

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Professor Psychosis

Reddit skews heavily to the younger demographics.  For example, if it were up to them, Bernie Sanders would win the election in the largest landslide in American history.

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

UAfanatic

Those 5,000 people were not a great distribution..

I'm sure a different set would have had Notre Dame, USC, or Oklahoma on there

When I looked at the list I felt it was like Family Feud,   
where the last 2 answers only had 2 people give it.

wholehog92

LOL at the teams hated in their own state.  Auburn,tejas, etc.  Alas, the data is inaccurate since Notre Dame isn't on the top 10.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

carolinahogger

Only recent irrelevance on the field keeps Ped State off that list.

UAfanatic

That poll was ridiculous, Auburn and Baylor haven't had a long enough blip of being any good in the history of football to be 'most hated' Auburn is probably most hated by Alabama.. and that's it.

Notre Dame should have definitely been there.

pigture perfect

Vermont hates Bama and New Hampshire hates Auburn. What's up with that? Is there not a closer regional team to hate? Weird.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Razor1997

Quote from: Piggfoot on March 01, 2016, 03:29:19 pm
Everybody luvs dem Hawgs!

Heh.  I'm afraid it's just that people don't think about us at all.

A few more years with Petrino at the helm and maybe we could have been one of the most hated, when you combine the dominance (of teams not named Alabama) with his abrasive personality.