Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PC today with Bielema, Rhoads, and Mitchell

Started by ricepig, February 29, 2016, 12:29:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Allen to D line is interesting.  A lot around here were hoping he could be a contributor this coming season.

Kevin

another pittman o line recruit that did not pan out
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hawgey-Davidson

Thanks Rice for the link but cant mine to work on phone. You or anyone got another link?

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

ARtillahog

CBB also said the kids who went to the draft did not train with Coach Herb, went elsewhere.

ricepig

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Coaches already really like Hjalte Froholdt as an offensive guard. They plan to look at him at center too.

Sounds like a good chance that four Oline positions are set with LT Wallace, RT Skipper, LG Deion Malone and C Frank Ragnow - unless somebody else can handle center and keep Ragnow at guard.

Unless the other guard is Ragnow, the main competition is Froholdt and Merrick.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 29, 2016, 03:22:44 pm
Coaches already really like Hjalte Froholdt as an offensive guard. They plan to look at him at center too.

Sounds like a good chance that four Oline positions are set with LT Wallace, RT Skipper, LG Deion Malone and C Frank Ragnow - unless somebody else can handle center and keep Ragnow at guard.

I love that line, honestly. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 29, 2016, 03:22:44 pm

What are you hearing on Froholdt?  Is he good with this move to oline?  We know he has athleticism for his size. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Nosboar Accubond

I liked his discussion on waiting to offer... also think it offered some insight to the recruitment of current local players... 

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 29, 2016, 03:26:00 pm
What are you hearing on Froholdt?  Is he good with this move to oline?  We know he has athleticism for his size. 

All I know is what Bielema said today - saying Froholdt had made a natural transition would be an understatement.

Also - Damon "Duwop" Mitchell has settled at running back - greater opportunity.
[CENSORED]!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on February 29, 2016, 03:28:51 pm
I liked his discussion on waiting to offer... also think it offered some insight to the recruitment of current local players...

I'm glad they talked about this as well. Seemed to be a sore subject after NSD in which people just didn't understand CBBs ways.

I'd rather have this than get within a week of NSD and hear about 4 offers being pulled from guys who were die hard Razorbacks.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 29, 2016, 03:34:03 pm
All I know is what Bielema said today - saying Froholdt had made a natural transition would be an understatement.

Also - Damon "Duwop" Mitchell has settled at running back - greater opportunity.

I could see that athletically with Froholdt.  You can easily see him getting to that second level block and sealing.  Froholdt was listed at 299 last season.  Wonder what he will play at in the G position. 

Need that added depth at RB.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

longpig

Great update ;D horrible audio :-[ as always :puke:  How freakin hard can it be? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: longpig on February 29, 2016, 03:45:45 pm
Great update ;D horrible audio :-[ as always :puke:  How freakin hard can it be? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
thanks for thew warning. was about to subject myself to it but i'll pass now. I hate that audio.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

longpig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 29, 2016, 03:55:07 pm
thanks for thew warning. was about to subject myself to it but i'll pass now. I hate that audio.

Arkansas Razorback audio is #uncommon, and not in a good way.
Don't be scared, be smart.

zane

His comments regarding the combine testing was quite interesting
RIP LSUfan

hammer66

You guys r whiners. I couldn't hear the ?'s but had zero problem knowing the question based on the answers coach gave.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hammer66 on February 29, 2016, 04:51:31 pm
You guys r whiners. I couldn't hear the ?'s but had zero problem knowing the question based on the answers coach gave.

Agree and I liked what both had to say.  Think they will work well with the current staff.  Bielema continues to bring in good guys.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 29, 2016, 03:34:03 pm

What are they doing now that enables Bielema and the staff to make that kind of judgment?

EFBAB

onebadrubi

Quote from: longpig on February 29, 2016, 03:45:45 pm

Just ask Mike Irwin

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 29, 2016, 07:12:33 pm
Just ask Mike Irwin

No, check with the University of Arkansas Sports Media Department. Mike Irwin doesn't have anything to do with the audio provided at these pressers.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on February 29, 2016, 06:49:13 pm
What are they doing now that enables Bielema and the staff to make that kind of judgment?

EFBAB

Really? Maybe years of coaching experience that qualifies them to qualify this transition? Maybe Frohodlt's performance since making the transition?
Go Hogs Go!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on February 29, 2016, 06:49:13 pm

EFBAB

They said something about the assistants - under current NCAA rules - having limited but expanded ability to work with players during the offseason.
[CENSORED]!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 29, 2016, 07:19:03 pm
No, check with the University of Arkansas Sports Media Department. Mike Irwin doesn't have anything to do with the audio provided at these pressers.
actually, Mike tried to help but apparently the ptb want the questions kept secret or something.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 29, 2016, 08:24:15 pm
actually, Mike tried to help but apparently the ptb want the questions kept secret or something.

He did, but no cooperation apparently.

Funny how we all like to be able to hear the questions that are asked along with the answers that result. Go figure. Arkansas should be better than this.
Go Hogs Go!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 29, 2016, 07:23:50 pm
Really? Maybe years of coaching experience that qualifies them to qualify this transition? Maybe Frohodlt's performance since making the transition?

My point precisely.  We're not having spring practice yet, and contact by coaches is supposed to be limited.  So what performances would there be?  But Biggus answered the question just below your comment.

EFBAB

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 29, 2016, 08:07:43 pm
They said something about the assistants - under current NCAA rules - having limited but expanded ability to work with players during the offseason.

Thank you.

whippersnapper

I like what all the coaches had to say. Coach Rhoads sounds like he isn't in a hurry to be a DC or HC again. Not saying money doesn't talk but he seemed really big on being able to just work with a position group again.

PorkRinds

I think the best part about Rhoads to come out of the presser is that he contacted CBB with interest in the job.  He toured the facilities before we ever even had an opening, and went away impressed.  Then when the opening came up, he was the one that reached out to CRS, who talked to CBB.  And we never even interviewed anyone else.  So it sounds like we got a guy that WANTS to be here and a guy that CBB didn't even have to think about hiring. 

FraggleHog

Quote from: whippersnapper on March 01, 2016, 07:44:48 am
I like what all the coaches had to say. Coach Rhoads sounds like he isn't in a hurry to be a DC or HC again. Not saying money doesn't talk but he seemed really big on being able to just work with a position group again.

http://kwqc.com/2015/11/22/iowa-state-fires-paul-rhoads-paid-4-5-million-in-buyout/

"Rhoads has 6 years remaining on a 10-year, $20 million contract. He will be paid a buyout of $4.5 million."

I wouldn't be in a hurry either! Correct me if I'm wrong, but he continues to get paid by ISU since he didn't get a Head Coaching position. If true, he is the highest paid position coach on our staff (indirectly so).

Being a head coach is so much more stressful than being a position coach. He has said he misses/ loves being a position coach. Some people don't need the limelight of being a Head Coach. Now, as long as he shows success, he will eventually be made an offer he can't refuse to take a coordinator position (maybe ours if RS gets a head coaching gig someday), but I really think he's content as a position coach.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

onebadrubi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 29, 2016, 07:19:03 pm

Mike went on a tangent on here about his previous efforts and how they fell on deaf ears with the powers that be.  He went on to state he would never ever bring it up again and it was a complete waste of his time. Which is why I made my comment

Atlhogfan1

I believe I heard Bielema say Greenlaw got a little too heavy and is back down to 235lb. 

ricepig

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2016, 02:45:23 pm
Rhoads on the radio today:

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkwBo/status/704762209432264709

So you are saying Rhoads is to CB's as BP is to QB's and we have him for 3-4 good years.  I'll take it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Kevin on February 29, 2016, 02:00:51 pm
another pittman o line recruit that did not pan out

Well said.  Glad he's gone.  He really didn't teach technique to those big boys.  Our O-line will be best in the SEC in short order.  Time to shed the biggest line in football BS...

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 29, 2016, 03:23:52 pm
I love that line, honestly. 

...me too.  How 'bout football's biggest, meanest and most nimble O-line...

Biggus Piggus

Bielema said that had Kirkland returned for his senior season, he would have been moved back to offensive guard.

I want to go back and revisit all the spitting and cussing that went on here when some people questioned whether Kirkland would be good at left tackle. My conclusion is that Kirkland might have been the best available left tackle at the time, but he was not a good left tackle.
[CENSORED]!

TebowHater

Re the audio - we should ask RD/any of the whole hog people. This is a wholehogsports issue. If you watch the PC on arkansasrazorbacks.com you have stereo audio and mic'd questions. Problem is the PC's don't get uploaded to arkansasrazorbacks.com for a few days so wholehog is always first.

High quality audio: http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/bielema-we-added-two-outstanding-coaches/
Low quality audio: http://video.wholehogsports.com/Bret-Bielema-introduces-new-assistants-30416928?playlistId=15945

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 01, 2016, 04:57:57 pm
Bielema said that had Kirkland returned for his senior season, he would have been moved back to offensive guard.

I want to go back and revisit all the spitting and cussing that went on here when some people questioned whether Kirkland would be good at left tackle. My conclusion is that Kirkland might have been the best available left tackle at the time, but he was not a good left tackle.

Isn't that all that mattered? If he was the best option, no reason to complain.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2016, 05:03:10 pm
Isn't that all that mattered? If he was the best option, reason to complain.

It was an undesirable situation, and Pittman did not make it any better by recruiting like he was spending too many weekends at Bernie's.
[CENSORED]!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 01, 2016, 05:04:52 pm
It was an undesirable situation, and Pittman did not make it any better by recruiting like he was spending too many weekends at Bernie's.
You mean he wasn't  ??? ::) :-\