Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't keep a good Hog down.

Started by Pigsknuckles, February 22, 2016, 02:55:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hambunctious

It's a flying tank.  The damage it can take, and still complete its mission is amazing.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

woodrow hog call

I had the privilege of watching them up close and in person during training missions and simulated warfare, it was amazing the maneuver's they were able to perform. When we had the opportunity we would always climb the tower next to the live fire range, hearing/feeling that mini gun was pretty awesome, hard to describe how it reverberated through your body.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Vantage 8 dude

The government in all its "wisdom" actually gets something right for a change. I realize that many in the military would like to scrap this machine in favor of more "modern" high tech weapons. However, if anyone has ever seen live and or filmed clips of this "bad boy" they will quickly realize that this is one horrific machine that can rip the guts out of machinery AND/or troops with incredible precision and impact. I know for darn sure I would never, ever want to be on the receiving end of this massive firepower. 

DeltaBoy

Great news all the grunts I meet love them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgar The Horrible

Adored them. Former 23rd Tactical Fighter Wing, 75th TFS Flying Tiger @ England AFB, LA.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

pigture perfect

Loved seeing them during my time. Glad they were on my side.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

kp72204

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 23, 2016, 10:52:58 am
The government in all its "wisdom" actually gets something right for a change. I realize that many in the military would like to scrap this machine in favor of more "modern" high tech weapons. However, if anyone has ever seen live and or filmed clips of this "bad boy" they will quickly realize that this is one horrific machine that can rip the guts out of machinery AND/or troops with incredible precision and impact. I know for darn sure I would never, ever want to be on the receiving end of this massive firepower.
I feel the same way about the AC-130. Unfortunatley I hate working on the older A/C, due to parts and packings hard to get. I give this bird 2-3 years max, depending on when the JSF-35 is fully operational for that branch. The Marines just got there's operational and deployable. The Prowler has already been hit with a death date and the Harriers are right behind it. F-18's and EA-18's are gonna be around for awhile also.

STLhawg

Quote from: kp72204 on February 23, 2016, 09:10:11 pm
F-18's and EA-18's are gonna be around for awhile also.
I second that motion!