Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Legit Question Regarding CBB

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, February 21, 2016, 01:16:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 25, 2016, 06:01:18 am
I'll chime in even though the reply was directed elsewhere. No long time poster on Hogville can act like people don't stir crap up around here. Good news happens and CBB haters come out of the woodworks looking to find fault. Take a look at the recent recruiting class or the other threads on the assistants leaving.

While this may have been a simple question - no one should act shocked that someone felt it was another "double meaning" question.
Thanks for your input. While I may have over reacted to a legitimate question/concern, I think we all know that if you stick around for more than 1/2 a minute around here you're very likely going to read a comment or have a question raised that may have more to its meaning than perhaps a simple question. "Two edged" or double intention is definitely not rare on this site. Unfortunately it's not always easy to determine whether or not the comment(s) are loaded as far as their intent. In this case I perceived the query to be such; in this case I was wrong in interpreting as such.

bphi11ips

February 25, 2016, 10:01:16 am #102 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:28:02 am by bphi11ips
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 25, 2016, 09:08:42 am
Thanks for your input. While I may have over reacted to a legitimate question/concern, I think we all know that if you stick around for more than 1/2 a minute around here you're very likely going to read a comment or have a question raised that may have more to its meaning than perhaps a simple question. "Two edged" or double intention is definitely not rare on this site. Unfortunately it's not always easy to determine whether or not the comment(s) are loaded as far as their intent. In this case I perceived the query to be such; in this case I was wrong in interpreting as such.

+1000 for handling my post the way you did.  I wasn't calling you out as much as I was asking this - What has happened to Hogville?  When a long-time great poster like you jumps in with the wolf pack, it causes some of us to go - WTH?

Yes - I hate the trolls as much as anyone.  There are a lot of ways to troll.  Asinine questions are one method of evoking a response.  The best way to handle them is to ignore them.  The trolls that bug me the most are the reality trolls who suggest Arkansas is not all we think it is.  I don't give a rat's rear about reality trolls.  I know what Arkansas is capable of, and so do you and many others here. 

When I first started posting here, Hogville was committed to a cause - running the monkey with a whistle out of town.  But there was plenty of diversity of opinion, and all viewpoints were tolerated.  We had some Hall of Fame Trolls like Big Deal back then.  They could make us laugh hysterically.  I PM'd Big Deal one day and his response was "I have a stressful job and this is my release."  In the end, I will always believe that Hogville is the best illustration I have seen in my life of the power of free speech and the press - we were instrumental in exposing the shenanigans going on under Houston Nutt, and without us, he may have survived.   

Hogville has evolved into a propaganda machine.  No opinions other than the official Hogville line are tolerated.  A mob mentality prevails.  Bret Bielema could be charged with statutory rape, and the usual suspects would show up to insist the boy looked 18.  Now, I might be Coach Bielema's biggest fan and have been claiming he is the reincarnation of Frank Broyles almost since the day he was hired.  I could go on and on about the reasons why I believe this, but I've already said it, and everything I've ever written about him is archived here.  But let me question in the slightest way anything he does, like running the ball on 4th and a long 1 into the middle of a stacked defense with the game on the line, and the wolves come out.  Where did I coach?  Do I have any Cheetos left?  Does my mother have a basement?  The very phrase "Monday Morning Quarterback" was born out of the notion that hindsight is 20/20. 

In any event, we need more V8's and Green Eggs here and fewer attack dogs.  Just my two cents.       
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Vantage 8 dude

bhpi11ips, You truly are a wonderful judge of character and whit! ;) :P ;D

bphi11ips

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 25, 2016, 10:26:41 am
bhpi11ips, You truly are a wonderful judge of character and whit! ;) :P ;D

Thanks!  That may be the ultimate compliment you could pay a trial lawyer. 

MusicCityHogFan

I think the turnover speaks volumes to his choices in coaches. I think with the Rhodes hire he is looking more long term, and possible replacement to Robb Smith if he happens to jet after next season. He's a bit over qualified for DB's, but I bet they improve dramatically from last year.  :razorback:

LZH

greenEGnHAWGS

Great post bphi11ips. I have been reading HV for years and have read many of ya'lls posts the whole time. And when I finally decided to start posting, I thought about doing a "Hey everyone! Let me start a post just to introduce myself" like I've seen several do, but I opted out and just started posting.

I fully understand the dynamic of HV. Many are just flamers/trolls that want to argue, and trying to differentiate between a legit inquiry and a flame job is rather difficult.

I feel like I know most of ya'll already and I know I'm the noob who came out of nowhere, but just so everyone knows. I'm ALL Hog. I FULLY believe in CBB. And I look forward to many more discussions...even if they don't fully comply with my line of thinking.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 25, 2016, 10:32:46 am
Thanks!  That may be the ultimate compliment you could pay a trial lawyer.
Wait a sec. You're a trial lawyer.....then obviously I take back ANY/EVERY compliment I may have made.  :D ;) 8)

bphi11ips

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 25, 2016, 02:30:15 pm
Wait a sec. You're a trial lawyer.....then obviously I take back ANY/EVERY compliment I may have made.  :D ;) 8)

Mostly represent entertainers like Kenny Rogers and The Oak Ridge Boys if that makes you feel better.  One of the books in my office foyer is "Lawyers and Other Reptiles".   

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 25, 2016, 03:17:48 pm
Mostly represent entertainers like Kenny Rogers and The Oak Ridge Boys if that makes you feel better.  One of the books in my office foyer is "Lawyers and Other Reptiles".
Well at least you have a sense of humor so you obviously can't be all bad. LOL  :P

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 25, 2016, 03:19:08 pm
Well at least you have a sense of humor so you obviously can't be all bad. LOL  :P

Dang I left this morning and a fight was about to breakout. I come back and its a bunch of dudes hanging out toking. Where did all this love me from? Crap you guys ruined a good fight.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 25, 2016, 06:50:03 pm
Dang I left this morning and a fight was about to breakout. I come back and its a bunch of dudes hanging out toking. Where did all this love me from? Crap you guys ruined a good fight.  ;D
Well we decided to redirect our "fire" on someone who really needs our help-ALLVOL. The guy is having a major hernia/conniption over his beloved coon dogs and all their womenz problems. Can't seem to keep 'em down home, bare foot and pregnant the way they used to. Darn if they haven't all of a sudden gotten themselves some "women libber's" fever and all. Creating some major ruckus over there in Knocksville.

So for the sake of peace and brotherhood we thought we'd smoke a parlay pipe, sit around the campfire, and sing Kumbaya (sp).  :) 8)

bphi11ips

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 25, 2016, 08:55:05 pm
Well we decided to redirect our "fire" on someone who really needs our help-ALLVOL. The guy is having a major hernia/conniption over his beloved coon dogs and all their womenz problems. Can't seem to keep 'em down home, bare foot and pregnant the way they used to. Darn if they haven't all of a sudden gotten themselves some "women libber's" fever and all. Creating some major ruckus over there in Knocksville.

So for the sake of peace and brotherhood we thought we'd smoke a parlay pipe, sit around the campfire, and sing Kumbaya (sp).  :) 8)

And Puff the Magic Dragon . . .

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 25, 2016, 09:00:17 pm
And Puff the Magic Dragon . . .
Is he the one that lived by the sea? 

bphi11ips

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 25, 2016, 09:37:14 pm
Is he the one that lived by the sea? 

Yeah. Place called Honali. Hawaii maybe?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 25, 2016, 06:50:03 pm

Anytime someone brings toking material it will stop a fight!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 26, 2016, 06:36:54 am
Anytime someone brings toking material it will stop a fight!
Not sure what you mean, man. All I know things are totally gnarly.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 26, 2016, 10:34:10 am
Not sure what you mean, man. All I know things are totally gnarly.

Do you know these guys?

wachhog

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 25, 2016, 10:01:16 am
+1000 for handling my post the way you did.  I wasn't calling you out as much as I was asking this - What has happened to Hogville?  When a long-time great poster like you jumps in with the wolf pack, it causes some of us to go - WTH?

Yes - I hate the trolls as much as anyone.  There are a lot of ways to troll.  Asinine questions are one method of evoking a response.  The best way to handle them is to ignore them.  The trolls that bug me the most are the reality trolls who suggest Arkansas is not all we think it is.  I don't give a rat's rear about reality trolls.  I know what Arkansas is capable of, and so do you and many others here. 

When I first started posting here, Hogville was committed to a cause - running the monkey with a whistle out of town.  But there was plenty of diversity of opinion, and all viewpoints were tolerated.  We had some Hall of Fame Trolls like Big Deal back then.  They could make us laugh hysterically.  I PM'd Big Deal one day and his response was "I have a stressful job and this is my release."  In the end, I will always believe that Hogville is the best illustration I have seen in my life of the power of free speech and the press - we were instrumental in exposing the shenanigans going on under Houston Nutt, and without us, he may have survived.   

Hogville has evolved into a propaganda machine.  No opinions other than the official Hogville line are tolerated.  A mob mentality prevails.  Bret Bielema could be charged with statutory rape, and the usual suspects would show up to insist the boy looked 18.  Now, I might be Coach Bielema's biggest fan and have been claiming he is the reincarnation of Frank Broyles almost since the day he was hired.  I could go on and on about the reasons why I believe this, but I've already said it, and everything I've ever written about him is archived here.  But let me question in the slightest way anything he does, like running the ball on 4th and a long 1 into the middle of a stacked defense with the game on the line, and the wolves come out.  Where did I coach?  Do I have any Cheetos left?  Does my mother have a basement?  The very phrase "Monday Morning Quarterback" was born out of the notion that hindsight is 20/20. 

In any event, we need more V8's and Green Eggs here and fewer attack dogs.  Just my two cents.       

wachhog

Yes. Why I hardly ever come on here anymore. Once thought Hogville was dedicated to having to having more than mediocrety. No more.

wachhog

Just like the great little restaurant that decides to sell franchises, it becomes corporate and then you never want to eat there again..

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 26, 2016, 12:55:36 pm
Do you know these guys?

Cheech and Chong crack me up. Those were some of my ill spent days as a youth. No telling how many brain cells were destroyed.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

bphi11ips

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 26, 2016, 09:27:13 pm
Cheech and Chong crack me up. Those were some of my ill spent days as a youth. No telling how many brain cells were destroyed.  ;D

Listening or imitating?  Don't answer that.

I looked for one of my favorite routines but couldn't find it.  Audio only.  Short piece.  You have to be about 50 or older to get it.  Opens with a recognizable hum.  Cheech asks "Wow, man, watcha watchin?"  Chong replies, 'I don't know, man.  Some Indian movie."  After a pregnant pause, Cheech says, " No, man, that's a test pattern!"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 26, 2016, 10:17:19 pm

I looked for one of my favorite routines but couldn't find it.  Audio only.  Short piece.  You have to be about 50 or older to get it.  Opens with a recognizable hum.  Cheech asks "Wow, man, watcha watchin?"  Chong replies, 'I don't know, man.  Some Indian movie."  After a pregnant pause, Cheech says, " No, man, that's a test pattern!"

Younger people probably are asking "what's a test pattern?" Your comedy has to be solid to succeed at the audio only which C&C did.

Some of my younger workmates and I chat about SNL. Most never saw the original crew which in my opinion was the best collection of comedians ever.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 26, 2016, 10:17:19 pm

Now THAT is a classic. I can remember those days.
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 27, 2016, 05:43:50 am
Younger people probably are asking "what's a test pattern?" Your comedy has to be solid to succeed at the audio only which C&C did.

Some of my younger workmates and I chat about SNL. Most never saw the original crew which in my opinion was the best collection of comedians ever.

But without John Belushi, Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd, they may have never heard of Adam Sandler, Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Will Ferrell and a host of others who went from SNL to major box office or television stars. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2016, 01:35:59 pm
I get that assistants will be lost and money will have to be shelled out. But we've been shelling out the money, but it just seems like we're replacing coaches much more often than other programs. Maybe I just don't see it cuz I don't follow their programs.

Check out FactChecker's post above.  We have good coaches!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 27, 2016, 07:54:02 am
Check out FactChecker's post above.  We have good coaches!

Ha ha...ummm...ok. I agree. I've NEVER said the contrary. I fully believe CBB has put together an awesome staff and has upgraded with every hire. And I already acknowledged and thanked FC for his posts after he posted...

...so...not sure the purpose of this post...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Tyro3

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 25, 2016, 09:40:29 pm
Yeah. Place called Honali. Hawaii maybe?

I was in Hanalei today and did not see Puff, although I did see one guy that could have been making use of one of the local weeds.