Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I didn't see this coming

Started by SouthFloridaHog, February 18, 2016, 09:53:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

20hog11

Good read. Thanks for posting. Enos will earn his $ this year if he can come close to replicating lasts year's performance with so many new faces. I think the offense may start off slow again but be just fine by the middle of the season.

longpig

I liked last seasons offense more than any of Harley Bob's.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Tusks

I'm pretty sure he post here on hogville.  Good article.

CBB is going to have to understand in the SEC you gotta start fast and finish fast.  There's no room for sloppy play.

The slow start was the difference between 7-5 & 10-2.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

bigdaddyhawg

Something is WAY off on this ...

It was like a year or two ago that some writer from ESPN interviewed several SEC coaches and they were all in agreement (anonymously) that CBB's simply wouldn't provide enough scoring to be competitive in the SEC.

Oh, well.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Tusks

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 19, 2016, 09:23:37 am

It was like a year or two ago that some writer from ESPN interviewed several SEC coaches and they were all in agreement (anonymously) that CBB's simply wouldn't provide enough scoring to be competitive in the SEC.

Oh, well.

I never thought CBB wouldn't have teams that score enough.  My concern is in the fricken SEC you gotta run a 100mph from game 1 to game 12.  In the Big14 you can kind of build to get better.  In the SEC you gotta start at mid-season form and find a way to maintain that the whole season.  It's just the way it is.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: tusked on February 19, 2016, 09:57:10 am
I never thought CBB wouldn't have teams that score enough.  My concern is in the fricken SEC you gotta run a 100mph from game 1 to game 12.  In the Big14 you can kind of build to get better.  In the SEC you gotta start at mid-season form and find a way to maintain that the whole season.  It's just the way it is.

Yeah, that's what Alabama does every year.

Uh, no.

Arkansas is building up. It's a building process. Keep building, be consistent, and things will get better and better.

NOBODY in the SEC does what you claim. Nobody. Ever.
[CENSORED]!

Tusks

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 19, 2016, 10:03:37 am
Yeah, that's what Alabama does every year.

Uh, no.

Arkansas is building up. It's a building process. Keep building, be consistent, and things will get better and better.

NOBODY in the SEC does what you claim. Nobody. Ever.

Disagree, look who Bama has beat to start the season the last few years.  I'm not talking about flawless play and dominating every snap.  I'm talking about playing well the whole season.  Look at A/M, they start fast and then fall apart.  The hogs start slow and get better as the season goes.  You can have a few poor games but you have to play at a consistent high level the whole season if you're going to win the SEC.  Bama can afford to start fast because they have so much depth they can keep players playing at a high level and keep them rested for the whole season.

If you look at past SEC Champions, they may have dropped a game during the season but they started playing at a high level and played the whole season in mid season form.

Uncommon

Quote from: longpig on February 18, 2016, 10:27:23 pm
Woo Pig! AKA +1

Boarmonger

Good read.  Thank you. This was the most enjoyable offense I've ever had the pleasure to watch.  Enos called some great games and the players executed time after time.  Very enjoyable.

clutch

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 19, 2016, 09:23:37 am

Oh, well.

Not sure where that thought came form. Bielema's teams have never really had much trouble scoring. People just assumed they did because it was based off of ball control.

duck slayer

Quote from: clutch on February 19, 2016, 10:40:36 am
Not sure where that thought came form. Bielema's teams have never really had much trouble scoring. People just assumed they did because it was based off of ball control.
I've never understood this either.  When a coach hangs 70 on his opponent in a BCS level conference championship game, scoring enough points should not be a concern. Pretty sure he did that to Nebraska in the big10 title game.

bigdaddyhawg

I put it in that very post where that thought came from ...
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: duck slayer on February 19, 2016, 11:03:36 am
I've never understood this either.  When a coach hangs 70 on his opponent in a BCS level conference championship game, scoring enough points should not be a concern. Pretty sure he did that to Nebraska in the big10 title game.

He did that with throwing fewer than 10 passes in that game (if my memory serves).  That would not / will not work in the SEC.

It shouldn't have worked against Nebraska that day, but it did.  I believe UW had something like 600 yards rushing as the Huskers laid down for the Badgers.

And UW DID have trouble scoring at times under CBB -- both Rose Bowls come to mind.

IronHog

Quote from: longpig on February 18, 2016, 10:27:23 pm

Bob woulda lit up aTm, Toledo, and TT
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

The Kig

Once the Offense started clicking, it was really a thing of beauty.  One of the few times in my 40+ years of watching Hog football that everything came together offensively.  Perfect storm with Enos concepts, BA realizing his full potential to finish games off, best 1-2 TE punch I have ever seen, massive line that got better at PP, WRs stepping up to fill the injury void, and Collins being able to shoulder what was expected to be a shared load when JWill went down. 

Going into the season, I think it was reasonable for many to expect that our Offense would not be the strength of the team due to so many losses to injury.  There was an incorrect assumption by some that our Defensive losses were no big deal because we finally had the talent for a plug-and-play model to replace the Bermuda Triangle.  If not for this record setting 2nd half Offense willing their way to outscoring one of the worst Defensive teams (especially vs. the pass) I can remember, then we would have undoubtedly been sitting at home during bowling season. 

Personally, I hope that the 2014 CRS and 2015 CDE can align in the next 2-3 years and produce a magical season.  Next year would be a complete shocker... but so was the Offensive production from this past year.  Keep hope alive!
Poker Porker

nchogg

I remember the spring scrimmage and fall how the defense was so dominate. With all the injuries on offense in spring, fall and then after the season started I was in hope the defense would win games for us. But as it turned out the offense won the majority of the games. I hope this year it's a joint effort.
Very good read. Thanks

Cinco de Hogo

Any article that has Drew Morgan and great in the same sentence is ok in my book.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: IronHog on February 19, 2016, 12:50:08 pm

With that team, at that time? Doubt it.

Beside, we did "light up" TTU and Tamu. They just lit us up more. "Bob"'s defenses were worse that CBBs have been.

We lit up Toledo too, in terms of yards. We just had abnormally horrid red zone production.

onebadrubi

Quote from: IronHog on February 19, 2016, 12:50:08 pm

Bob would have gotten lit up by Bama, lsu, Tenner, and Ole Miss.... Whew it's just that easy.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 19, 2016, 11:28:45 pm
Bob would have gotten lit up by Bama, lsu, Tenner, and Ole Miss.... Whew it's just that easy.

He probably would have lost to Alabama. Then again we haven't beaten them in a decade.  Don't know about the rest. We really will never know except by going off of what he had built up from that time. 2013 would have been his down year because he was starting fresh on qb which imo would have probably been a 7 or 8 win season. Him having Allen in his senior year like last year then it's possible he would of had 9 or 10 wins. The guy is a really good qb coach. But really why keep brining him up. It really doesn't matter what BP would have done.

It is about what we did last year. We finished strong, but overall it was a let down season.  Many were expecting at least 9 wins last year. This upcoming season imo is going to be probably anywhere from 6 to 8 wins. Really depends on how the defense comes out and how quickly Enos gets A. Allen going.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Mike_e

Once again, anytime you replace a coordinator you are going to start out slower that you'll be at the end of the season.  The first third of last years season isn't something that we should be worried about.

Neither are players or staff that aren't here.  If you miss a previous coach (or wife or girlfriend) that much then you would be best served by going to wherever They are and trying to make amends.

Once again this year we are going to have to get through some growing pains.  Although for different reasons.  There is not enough practice time allowed to fully get new or inexperienced players completely ready by the first game.

Here's something to think about-- considering how much practice you could get back in the old days how would one of those great teams stack up against a great team of today on the first game of the season?
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

onebadrubi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 19, 2016, 11:47:44 pm
He probably would have lost to Alabama. Then again we haven't beaten them in a decade.  Don't know about the rest. We really will never know except by going off of what he had built up from that time. 2013 would have been his down year because he was starting fresh on qb which imo would have probably been a 7 or 8 win season. Him having Allen in his senior year like last year then it's possible he would of had 9 or 10 wins. The guy is a really good qb coach. But really why keep brining him up. It really doesn't matter what BP would have done.

It is about what we did last year. We finished strong, but overall it was a let down season.  Many were expecting at least 9 wins last year. This upcoming season imo is going to be probably anywhere from 6 to 8 wins. Really depends on how the defense comes out and how quickly Enos gets A. Allen going.

It's funny you decide to quote me and ask me why I decide to bring him up.  I think that tells us where you stand in the preference of Petrino over Bielema stand

hobhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 20, 2016, 08:07:01 am
It's funny you decide to quote me and ask me why I decide to bring him up.  I think that tells us where you stand in the preference of Petrino over Bielema stand

I'm amazed people are still talking about BP.  He is a cesspool of a person and cancer to programs. Waiting for the foot to fall at UL. It coming.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hobhog on February 20, 2016, 10:53:52 am
I'm amazed people are still talking about BP.  He is a cesspool of a person and cancer to programs. Waiting for the foot to fall at UL. It coming.

Yep and it continues to be the people that want to bash him that bring him up.  Stop it and I am sure you will see a lot less of his name in here. You will also see a lot less of it if coach Beliema can duplicate or better what Petrino had done here as far as record went. 

Cure

Enos was heavily underrated as a playcaller and his ability to keep the run game churning forward all season, especially when we got down to just Collins really.

He really knew what his personnel could do and allowed them to make plays with their strengths. You could definitely see that Bret gave him a lot of control with the calls he was making.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

ChitownHawg

February 20, 2016, 01:33:47 pm #26 Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:37:36 pm by ChitownHawg
Quote from: tusked on February 19, 2016, 09:04:33 am
I'm pretty sure he post here on hogville.  Good article.

CBB is going to have to understand in the SEC you gotta start fast and finish fast.  There's no room for sloppy play.

The slow start was the difference between 7-5 & 10-2.

Yep an Internet schmo has figured this out but a guy who is considered one of the top 20 coaches hasn't?

Kind of arrogant on your part and insulting to CBB's.  :puke:
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Cure on February 20, 2016, 01:18:57 pm
Enos was heavily underrated as a playcaller and his ability to keep the run game churning forward all season, especially when we got down to just Collins really.

He really knew what his personnel could do and allowed them to make plays with their strengths. You could definitely see that Bret gave him a lot of control with the calls he was making.

Yeah. I really hope Enos stays for awhile.  It is really nice having a qb coach. 

It is very strange how many folks on here just try and stir up crap about past coaches, primarily Petrino, so they can brag and build up the current head coach.  BB gets so durn much credit for doing less than any coach I've ever known at Arkansas.  He's been here 3 full seasons and here is the truth.

Coach            Conf wins/losses                     Total wins/losses   OVER FIRST THREE YEARS
BB                 7-17                                      18-20
Petrino           13-11                                    23-15
Nutt               13-11                                    23-13
Ford               12-11                                    18-16
Crowe/Kines   9-14                                      12-21

Crowe/Kines done worse overall and both lost the HC jobs.
BB has the worst conference record in forever
He's getting better but the truth is it ain't been good so why do we go on polishing his apple

Uncommon

Quote from: 12247 on February 20, 2016, 03:56:00 pm
It is very strange how many folks on here just try and stir up crap about past coaches, primarily Petrino, so they can brag and build up the current head coach.  BB gets so durn much credit for doing less than any coach I've ever known at Arkansas.  He's been here 3 full seasons and here is the truth.

Coach            Conf wins/losses                     Total wins/losses   OVER FIRST THREE YEARS

He's getting better but the truth is it ain't been good so why do we go on polishing his apple
Because Bobby's lack of recruiting, in particular lack of retention, put us there.  Just look at the 2010 class which was supposed to lead the team for Bielema his 1st and 2nd season.  After the 2013 season, there were only 2-3 players left from the class.  Record means nothing if not taken in context.

And Ole Miss and Mississippi State weren't the Ole Miss and Mississippi State of today.  So those wins in 2009, 2010, and 2011 weren't as difficult to get as they are now.

ChitownHawg

February 20, 2016, 04:45:21 pm #30 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:20:34 pm by ChitownHawg

Do you have the power to fire him? No

I for one am not polishing his apple. I see the improvement and I fully understand how bad it was when he walked through the door. He was man enough to take on the challenge and I'm fan enough to give him some time.

Some of us prefer enjoying life and the majority of us are not taking CBP down only to raise up CBB. I enjoyed the winning, but morally bankrupt character is gone. CBB is here and I like how he represents my team and school.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Torqued pork

It was impressive to see our offense gel and put up those numbers in Enos' first season. 

choppedporkextrasauce

This is a post that show stats can be seriously misleading.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 20, 2016, 09:38:00 pm

It's not misleading at all if you have an open mind about things.  Most times the radicals on both side don't have that.

As of right now it is what it is, what it will be in the future is a matter of opinion not fact.

Snizzzo

Yeah, those opinions are based on pure ignorance and assumption.  CBB has always had solid offenses that could run and/or throw. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Snizzzo on February 21, 2016, 11:48:48 am

Yeah, those opinions are based on pure ignorance and assumption.  CBB has always had solid offenses that could run and/or throw.

If I said Petrino always had solid offenses that could throw and/or run you would spend a good deal of time arguing against that.  Truth is it is true for the most part about both coaches in their careers but not "always".

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 20, 2016, 09:38:00 pm

Yes. Idiots - only idiots - use the fact that Bielema had to take over a wreck against him.
[CENSORED]!

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 22, 2016, 10:17:28 am
Yes. Idiots - only idiots - use the fact that Bielema had to take over a wreck against him.

Pretty bad train wreck after Nutt as well. Lost all of the offense.

Threads like these are really mute, however. CBB will leave on his own terms as long as he wins 6-8 games a year, and runs a clean program. He will stay as long as he wants, so we may as well embrace that fact as fans.

CBB is too big of a hit on the Razorback Club circuit, he says the right things, even the ones that make some of us cringe, on Twitter to build up a fragile fanbases ego, and his kids, for the most part, are good citizens.

He also will win enough games in the West to keep AR in the national focus, even if they aren't nationally relevant.

The program has entertainment value now. Something it hasn't had much in the SEC years.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

clutch

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 22, 2016, 10:54:17 am
Pretty bad train wreck after Nutt as well. Lost all of the offense.

Threads like these are really mute, however. CBB will leave on his own terms as long as he wins 6-8 games a year, and runs a clean program. He will stay as long as he wants, so we may as well embrace that fact as fans.

Very quiet threads.

whosiskid

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 20, 2016, 02:06:05 pm
Yeah. I really hope Enos stays for awhile.  It is really nice having a qb coach.

I agree, but I fully expect him to be gone after next season.

I think the only reason he took a position that was lower than he previously had was to more visible. Up in Michigan the most he could have hoped for was a mid-level NCAA head coaching job, someplace like Toledo or Northwestern at the most. Having succeeded in a big way as an OC in the SEC plus having been a successful head coach is going to make Enos a very hot property. He could well get head coaching job at one of the top 30 schools.

I hate that we are losing all these assistants, but if you are losing assistants, it shows you are getting great coaches in place.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: whosiskid on February 22, 2016, 11:21:50 am

I think the only reason he took a position that was lower than he previously had was to more visible. Up in Michigan the most he could have hoped for was a mid-level NCAA head coaching job, someplace like Toledo or Northwestern at the most. Having succeeded in a big way as an OC in the SEC plus having been a successful head coach is going to make Enos a very hot property. He could well get head coaching job at one of the top 30 schools.

I hate that we are losing all these assistants, but if you are losing assistants, it shows you are getting great coaches in place.

He may become a very hot property as a potential HC if he is able to take this offense, with its significant key losses from last season, and produce another very productive QB and RB tandem and what if, just what if he produces a couple of receivers that exceed 900 yards in receptions? If all of that happens, it may be difficult to keep him.
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Quote from: whosiskid on February 22, 2016, 11:21:50 am

Scratching my head a bit here.  Toledo and Central Michigan are both MAC schools.  Northwestern is B1G and often has good teams.  Brian Kelly started at Central Michigan, went to Cincinnati, and is now at Notre Dame.

I don't disagree with your conclusion.  Dan Enos seems to be serious head coach material, and I believe he concluded he could use the Arkansas OC job as a route to a better job than Central Michigan.  He probably saw Arkansas as a quicker route than building Central Michigan, moving to an intermediate level like Cincinnati, and then on to a major P5 program.  I also think he saw a like-minded coach in Bret Bielema and a good core of talent to work with.  Let's just enjoy having him while he's here.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

IronHog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 20, 2016, 04:11:04 pm
Because Bobby's lack of recruiting, in particular lack of retention, put us there.  Just look at the 2010 class which was supposed to lead the team for Bielema his 1st and 2nd season.  After the 2013 season, there were only 2-3 players left from the class.  Record means nothing if not taken in context.

And Ole Miss and Mississippi State weren't the Ole Miss and Mississippi State of today.  So those wins in 2009, 2010, and 2011 weren't as difficult to get as they are now.

Nutt left BP a dumpster fire but he went and fixed it.....

BB has a good team and is a far superior program builder but struggles on game day.

lefty08

Quote from: IronHog on February 22, 2016, 01:23:22 pm

Nutt left BP a dumpster fire but he went and fixed it.....

BB has a good team and is a far superior program builder but struggles on game day.

Lol, I seriously thought the BP love was over. I've never seen a more loyal band of goofball following a man that spit in all of our faces, at our school, and at the very players he made promises to
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

jkstock04

Quote from: lefty08 on February 22, 2016, 07:09:02 pm
Lol, I seriously thought the BP love was over. I've never seen a more loyal band of goofball following a man that spit in all of our faces, at our school, and at the very players he made promises to
Look who brought it up first in the thread. Shocker.

Count me in as one of the goofball idiots who enjoys when the Hogs win 10+ games/year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

redeye

The difference in many of these is that BB's system takes years to build, especially at a school like Arkansas, while many of the others could produce right away.

Crowe was a hasty hire who was simply in over his head.  It's nothing personal, but he was fired at the start of his 3rd year, before we'd even played a SEC game in our inaugural season, and that just didn't happen back then.  Coaches didn't lose jobs so early back then and especially not at the beginning of the season.  He lost the game that's largely considered the worst loss in modern Arkansas football history.  The teams he played were mostly weak shells of their former selves.  Considering all this, I'm not sure how you can even argue Crowe.

Kines was a temp, just like JLS.  He did a great job, but he was never anymore then a temp.  You're comparing apples and asparagus.

Ford was the most like BB and some argue that he shouldn't have been fired.  He won a far easier SEC-W in his 3rd season, when there were no great SEC-W teams.  Personally, I thought he was too much past his prime, but others thought we would have improved if we hadn't fired him and they may be right.  The key here is that we fired him too soon to know.

Nutt took Ford's players and fired them up for some early success.  After that, things went downhill, until he signed some good recruiting classes and hired an OC.  Had he stayed, he may have had another good year or two, but he wasn't a great coach and he proved that at Ole Miss, where he also inherited a lot of good talent, had some early success and then struggled.  It's not uncommon to see a new coach improve upon his predecessor, simply by getting the players more excited, but then perform worse in the long haul.  Nutt kept it going with some great players and new offensive strategies that were forced on him.

Petrino's style just takes much less time to implement.  The trade off is that while it's more exciting and wins a lot more early games, it also has a lower ceiling.  I still don't think people realize that our 2012 season had as much, if not more, to do with Petrino, as it did with JLS.  I don't mean because he was no longer here, but because we no longer had the players,  Yea, we still had Tyler Wilson and some other good ones, but we'd lost too much and adequate replacements were no where to be found.

Bielema is building properly.  If things go well, we could have several years where we're competing for national titles.  If that doesn't happen, we'll still produce good teams that will compete for titles in a much tougher SEC-W.

There are good reasons why no other SEC teams hired our past coaches after they were fired, with the exception of Nutt, who started out hot at Ole Miss, but spiraled downward until he was fired 4 years into the job.  Petrino is the only one who would be considered for a SEC job today and there are reasons he hasn't been offered one, too.  If we fired BB today, I'd bet good money that he'd receive at least one SEC offer, though.

bphi11ips

Quote from: redeye on February 22, 2016, 09:01:26 pm
The difference in many of these is that BB's system takes years to build, especially at a school like Arkansas, while many of the others could produce right away.

Crowe was a hasty hire who was simply in over his head.  It's nothing personal, but he was fired at the start of his 3rd year, before we'd even played a SEC game in our inaugural season, and that just didn't happen back then.  Coaches didn't lose jobs so early back then and especially not at the beginning of the season.  He lost the game that's largely considered the worst loss in modern Arkansas football history.  The teams he played were mostly weak shells of their former selves.  Considering all this, I'm not sure how you can even argue Crowe.

Kines was a temp, just like JLS.  He did a great job, but he was never anymore then a temp.  You're comparing apples and asparagus.

Ford was the most like BB and some argue that he shouldn't have been fired.  He won a far easier SEC-W in his 3rd season, when there were no great SEC-W teams.  Personally, I thought he was too much past his prime, but others thought we would have improved if we hadn't fired him and they may be right.  The key here is that we fired him too soon to know.

Nutt took Ford's players and fired them up for some early success.  After that, things went downhill, until he signed some good recruiting classes and hired an OC.  Had he stayed, he may have had another good year or two, but he wasn't a great coach and he proved that at Ole Miss, where he also inherited a lot of good talent, had some early success and then struggled.  It's not uncommon to see a new coach improve upon his predecessor, simply by getting the players more excited, but then perform worse in the long haul.  Nutt kept it going with some great players and new offensive strategies that were forced on him.

Petrino's style just takes much less time to implement.  The trade off is that while it's more exciting and wins a lot more early games, it also has a lower ceiling.  I still don't think people realize that our 2012 season had as much, if not more, to do with Petrino, as it did with JLS.  I don't mean because he was no longer here, but because we no longer had the players,  Yea, we still had Tyler Wilson and some other good ones, but we'd lost too much and adequate replacements were no where to be found.

Bielema is building properly.  If things go well, we could have several years where we're competing for national titles.  If that doesn't happen, we'll still produce good teams that will compete for titles in a much tougher SEC-W.

There are good reasons why no other SEC teams hired our past coaches after they were fired, with the exception of Nutt, who started out hot at Ole Miss, but spiraled downward until he was fired 4 years into the job.  Petrino is the only one who would be considered for a SEC job today and there are reasons he hasn't been offered one, too.  If we fired BB today, I'd bet good money that he'd receive at least one SEC offer, though.

Spot on.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 22, 2016, 07:35:20 pm
Look who brought it up first in the thread. Shocker.

Count me in as one of the goofball idiots who enjoys when the Hogs win 10+ games/year.

Yep the winning was great. The neck brace and road rash not so much.  ;D

IronHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 22, 2016, 09:10:00 pm
Spot on.

Not spot on.

BB had a 5th year sr QB and lost several games cause he played not to lose and got details wrong.

Depth and time won't give a man a pair of steel ones like BP had......

Tyro3

Quote from: IronHog on February 22, 2016, 10:19:07 pm

Not spot on.

BB had a 5th year sr QB and lost several games cause he played not to lose and got details wrong.

Depth and time won't give a man a pair of steel ones like BP had......

This a joke, right?