Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Coach B made a statement about CCJ leaving at this point?

Started by Mike_e, February 18, 2016, 06:21:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_e

I'm curious about the timeline for a new hire.

OK, I'm interested in whatever he might have to say about the guy leaving.  Might be fun.  ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Sooie71923

Vantage 8 dude

Apparently CBB is in Hawaii this week on a Nike coaches tour. I'm sure he has a lot to say, at least to himself. In any event, not surprisingly one should take notice how the whorens slink into Fayetteville during the dead of night to steal one of our coaches. Just like those cockroaches to handle all their business in the dark. Then again, that's just Texass being Texass. They can't help themselves.  :-X

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 18, 2016, 08:21:23 am
Apparently CBB is in Hawaii this week on a Nike coaches tour. I'm sure he has a lot to say, at least to himself. In any event, not surprisingly one should take notice how the whorens slink into Fayetteville during the dead of night to steal one of our coaches. Just like those cockroaches to handle all their business in the dark. Then again, that's just Texass being Texass. They can't help themselves.  :-X
I sense some bitterness.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 18, 2016, 08:27:32 am
I sense some bitterness.
Nah. Actually it's just Texass being Texass. They can't help themselves...just like a dog licking his "privates".

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HOGINTENNESSEE

ricepig

Quote from: Sooie71923 on February 18, 2016, 07:47:41 am
look for a new hire to be made before spring ball.

Deep......that's some deep shart, have you got any sources?

Mike_e

Quote from: ricepig on February 18, 2016, 10:37:25 am
Deep......that's some deep shart, have you got any sources?

For his deep shart?

Please, I dunna wanta to know.

tbhogfan

Quote from: Mike_e on February 18, 2016, 06:21:54 am

OK, I'm interested in whatever he might have to say about the guy leaving.  Might be fun.  ;)
In the past, he's said that he has a couple of names in mind to replace any of his assistants should they move on.  He's also said that when there's an opening, he gets numerous texts and calls of interest, as you'd expect when there is an opening on an SEC staff.

As far as timing, there's not a pressing need right now.  NSD has passed and Spring Practice is also several weeks away.  Depending on CBB's schedule, my guess is 2-3 weeks.

My guess is that no public statement will be made until the announcement of the new coach.

So that's my speculation.
Go Hogs!

OLDHOG

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 18, 2016, 08:43:26 am
Nah. Actually it's just Texass being Texass. They can't help themselves...just like a dog licking his "privates".
Great analogy.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

SamBuckhart

He may not make a statement about this. This may look like a tejas victory of sorts. No need to spread shorthorn fertilizer. I can only hope they WAY overpaid.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

PorkRinds

HOGINTENNESSEE

tophawg19

Texas left us a 100,000 gift to help pay for the next coach. We need to up the buyout to 200,000 . the way we are going , that would pay for two coaches a year for us . we lost coaches enough to pay 1 this season .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

reddogjcss

I wish they would hire Steve Atwater even though I have no idea if he can coach or would could. My favorite all time DB

ALLVOL

My feelings have always been that if a coach gets a shot to better themselves (more $, higher position, move closer to home etc) then more power to them. Just as long as they act honorable and don't trash their previous employer/players/fans.
We have to face the fact that the coaching profession is made up of opportunists.

Mike_e

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 22, 2016, 09:21:11 am
My feelings have always been that if a coach gets a shot to better themselves (more $, higher position, move closer to home etc) then more power to them. Just as long as they act honorable and don't trash their previous employer/players/fans.
We have to face the fact that the coaching profession is made up of opportunists.

OK, we have our answer.

With the Paul Rhodes hiring CBB seems to have said: Yeah, whatever.

He's still getting his jollies with ut.  ;)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Mike_e on February 18, 2016, 06:21:54 am

Actually I believe there was a HUGE statement made by CBB yesterday. It went along the lines of "I'd like to introduce our new DB coach, Paul Rhoads, former head coach of Iowa State University...."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 22, 2016, 09:21:11 am
You only wish...then again, if ole UT and Butch continue to "be in the news" it's just possible that the puke orange just might get yet ANOTHER chance to get a new HC. Of course only if that person were an "opportunist" don't ya' know?

Either Strong didn't have an opportunity to hire Rhoads or Rhoads didn't want the job or Strong didn't figure he'd take a lessor position and didn't ask.  Guess our HC knew something, someone or knew Rhoads well enough to ask.  I think I would rather have Rhoads over the one we had.  I don't blame either coach for getting the best they could find and hire.