Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Make Mitchell Hire Official

Started by Alyssa Orange, February 12, 2016, 07:11:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyssa Orange

The University of Arkansas putting this press release out, confirming the hire of Reggie Mitchell as the new Running Backs Coach.

Mitchell Named Running Backs Coach-

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/mitchell-named-running-backs-coach

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Alyssa Orange on February 12, 2016, 07:11:48 pm
The University of Arkansas putting this press release out, confirming the hire of Reggie Mitchell as the new Running Backs Coach.

Mitchell Named Running Backs Coach-

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/mitchell-named-running-backs-coach

So this guy stayed on three different staffs at Kansas. So that proves he's not going to jump to other schools like some rouge coaches we used to have

jgphillips3

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 12, 2016, 07:26:54 pm
So that proves he's not going to jump to other schools like some rouge coaches we used to have

At first blush, I would have to agree.

COCHISE

So this guy stayed on three different staffs at Kansas. So that proves he's not going to jump to other schools like some rouge coaches we used to have
The fact that he was retained through all those coaching changes speaks volumes.

Cartoon Man

Hope you have great success on the Hill.
:razorback:

Vantage 8 dude

As was mentioned on another thread the vast majority of KU fans seem to be suicidal at his leaving. They definitely aren't happy campers!!

greenie

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Are they Khmer Rouge perhaps?

SMH.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: greenie on February 12, 2016, 11:57:11 pm
I see what you did there. Clever.

Yep.  It is clever.
Didn't see it until I already posted.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Vantage 8 dude

Well you can color it any way you want but I think this is a very good (and smart) hire. WPS!! :razorback:

Torqued pork

I'm pleasantly surprised any KU fans noticed a football assistant leaving in February. My image of them has been shattered.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 12, 2016, 11:45:48 pm
As was mentioned on another thread the vast majority of KU fans seem to be suicidal at his leaving. They definitely aren't happy campers!!

The amount of KU football fans has to be in the low teens.  A KU home football game is a chance for people to come together and discuss the upcoming basketball season and current news
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Captain Morgan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 13, 2016, 01:40:38 am
Are they Khmer Rouge perhaps?

SMH.

Not so much hate. Its just facts that some of these coaches straight out lie to the fan base.

Pittman is a coward for doing so. Said he and his family want to be in Fayetteville as long as possible.  :puke: :puke:

Randy Shannon missed his mommy and went back to Florida.  :puke: :puke:

Jim Chaney was just bad. Nothing else to it.  :D :D

Chris Ash is a goof ball and his defense melting down vs Rutgers in 2013 makes perfect sense now as why he is at Rutgers now.  :puke: :puke:

Welcome Mitchell for sure. I want guys who are loyal to our program and not using Fayetteville as a jump off spot to other job.  ;D ;D

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 13, 2016, 09:04:45 am
Not so much hate. Its just facts that some of these coaches straight out lie to the fan base.

Pittman is a coward for doing so. Said he and his family want to be in Fayetteville as long as possible.  :puke: :puke:

Randy Shannon missed his mommy and went back to Florida.  :puke: :puke:

Jim Chaney was just bad. Nothing else to it.  :D :D

Chris Ash is a goof ball and his defense melting down vs Rutgers in 2013 makes perfect sense now as why he is at Rutgers now.  :puke: :puke:

Welcome Mitchell for sure. I want guys who are loyal to our program and not using Fayetteville as a jump off spot to other job.  ;D ;D
They are obsessing over your one typo, not throwing out hate over the point you were making. You are right, we hired a good one with Mitchell.
It's bad enough that people obsess over typos in every other thread, but this is about hiring a new coach, so the "errrmagherrrd a typo!" crap needs to stop.

fullfan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 12, 2016, 07:48:43 pm
If karma were working you would get a makeup +1.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogarusa on February 13, 2016, 08:59:49 am
The amount of KU football fans has to be in the low teens.  A KU home football game is a chance for people to come together and discuss the upcoming basketball season and current news
Missed the point (again). The ones that DO follow what's going on in the football program, I would assume to be the most knowledgable, certainly aren't "dancing in the streets". Does that clarify it for you now? Duh.....

The Hawg Marshal

All positions are now filled.  Everything is looking rosy!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 13, 2016, 10:02:16 am
They are obsessing over your one typo, not throwing out hate over the point you were making. You are right, we hired a good one with Mitchell.
It's bad enough that people obsess over typos in every other thread, but this is about hiring a new coach, so the "errrmagherrrd a typo!" crap needs to stop.

Not obsessing, pointing it out.  Not a typo.  An unintentional misspelling.

Just like loose vs lose.
A typo is cjange vs change.

Just gets old.
And for the chuckling anti-spell correctly crowd, proper spelling has been linked to a photographic part of the brain.  Repeated exposure to misspellings has been shown to erode your ability to spell a word correctly.
His response to me:

hobhog

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 13, 2016, 12:13:29 pm

Just like loose vs lose.

Just gets old.
And for the chuckling anti-spell correctly crowd, proper spelling has been linked to a photographic part of the brain.  Repeated exposure to misspellings has been shown to erode your ability to spell a word correctly.

Wow....

ricepig

Just like loose vs lose.

Just gets old.

Not shure if cerious.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:

ricepig

Vantage 8 dude

February 13, 2016, 03:05:55 pm #24 Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:24:44 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 13, 2016, 01:18:18 pm
Not sure why we are hiring away coaches from winless programs. If this was a head coaching hire this board would be in full meltdown.
Well first of all, Einstein, we aren't hiring him for head coach. Secondly, if you'd bother to read before posting, he's done a fairly decent job of recruiting at Kansas, Illinois and I believe starting out at MSU under Saban. Sometimes it isn't always about coming from the "top dog" program. News flash: you can actually be a pretty decent coach and recruiter even at a poor program.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Not sure why we are hiring away coaches from winless programs. If this was a head coaching hire this board would be in full meltdown.

Is this serious?

Nipsey Mussle

Just like loose vs lose.

Just gets old.
LOL wow, talk about an overreaction.

So, if misspelled words are the devil and you want to save all of our brains from eroding, why do you have "suicidal" spelled incorrectly as your username? And no, intent does not matter. I can feel my brain eroding from the repeated exposure to your username misspelling. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Because we appeared interested in this Gentleman, I read a bit about him and it appears he can recruit and that players like him.  Not sure if he can make a good RB better.  BB loves the running game and isn't likely to choose a RB coach lightly.  Also, it is obvious BB is not interested in filling in at an assistant spot even for 1 game so I bet he is happy to choose a Guy that doesn't job jump much.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Sounds like the 3rd RB  coaching upgrade in the past three years

Hogarusa

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 13, 2016, 10:16:43 am
Missed the point (again). The ones that DO follow what's going on in the football program, I would assume to be the most knowledgable, certainly aren't "dancing in the streets". Does that clarify it for you now? Duh.....

I got it the first time.  What i did there with my initial post was attempt a little KU football humor.  I dont really believe that they have only have teens of fans.  Comedy is often difficult
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

ricepig

Quote from: Hogarusa on February 13, 2016, 06:09:28 pm
I got it the first time.  What i did there with my initial post was attempt a little KU football humor.  I dont really believe that they have only have teens of fans.  Comedy is often difficult

Yeah, probably in the "hundreds"........

Justagp

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 13, 2016, 10:49:20 pm
0-12 says he hasn't done a very good job recruiting

The 33 players Mitchell has coached or recruited that have been selected in the NFL Draft says differently. including six first round picks.

But if you are stupid enough to blame all the wins and loses on a RB coach all the facts in the world won't change your ignorant opinion

gchamblee

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 13, 2016, 11:01:40 pm
The 33 players Mitchell has coached or recruited that have been selected in the NFL Draft says differently. including six first round picks.

But if you are stupid enough to blame all the wins and loses on a RB coach all the facts in the world won't change your ignorant opinion

if you haven't put bigpig on ignore by now then you deserve to read his crap posting ☺

TrueBlue

After listening to Dave Campo on "Game On" with Wes, I am very pumped up with this hire.

yraciv

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 12, 2016, 11:45:48 pm

Thats impossible. To be suicidal KU fans would have to care about football.

SamBuckhart

Looks good. Welcome Coach Mitchell. Go Hogs!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 12, 2016, 07:48:43 pm
I concur.

nwahogfan1

I think Mitchell will be a huge asset.  Seems to recruit well.  He probable could not get into the homes of blue, blue chip players while at Kansas but I bet he knew who they were.  Maybe now he can get in the door and turn some heads our way.   I look forward to seeing how this shacks out.  I am happy that he has an excellent track record of recruiting in Texas.  We need more coaches there.   I would love to get close to 10 3+star signees from Texas every year. 

jackflash

Like this hire now lets see what he can do.

HOGINTENNESSEE

OU just hired the Dline coach from Kansas.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Remember...sometimes we want them to "jump ship"

OperationRestoreHawgBall

How hard can it really be to be a RB coach?

Here's how you don't fumble, here's how u pick up the blitz, here's how you follow your blockers..etc

Quote from: 12247 on February 13, 2016, 05:48:47 pm
Because we appeared interested in this Gentleman, I read a bit about him and it appears he can recruit and that players like him.  Not sure if he can make a good RB better.  BB loves the running game and isn't likely to choose a RB coach lightly.  Also, it is obvious BB is not interested in filling in at an assistant spot even for 1 game so I bet he is happy to choose a Guy that doesn't job jump much.