Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's next?

Started by GrizzlyRider07, August 02, 2017, 10:39:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

010HogFan

Quote from: Pinto on August 06, 2017, 01:16:58 pm
Passing on a talented skill position  player  like him and picking up a mediocre player just because we "need" that players position is probably why we will always be mediocre. Hopefully we make room for Erik

Agree

ricepig

Quote from: Pinto on August 06, 2017, 01:26:18 pm
I'm not sure. How recent was this?

I don't remember exactly when I read it, seems a month or so ago, about when people said all the crystal balls were trending our way. I don't know it to be fact, that's for sure, just message talk.

jry04

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 06, 2017, 01:15:44 pm
It's only right that I remind people they were wrong when they were the ones that basically called me stupid for making a prediction
But you are wrong, so you look silly. He was dm'ing back and forth with a recruit committed elsewhere and accidentally tweeted it rather than send it as a DM. He was actually recruiting FOR the Hogs.

010HogFan

Quote from: jry04 on August 06, 2017, 01:31:34 pm
But you are wrong, so you look silly. He was dm'ing back and forth with a recruit committed elsewhere and accidentally tweeted it rather than send it as a DM. He was actually recruiting FOR the Hogs.

Well I'm not the one that did it. I drew the conclusion that any logical person would draw from his mistake, so you can't blame me too much for that. Still doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy when I look at how much he entertains other fanbases.

Pinto

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2017, 01:31:20 pm
I don't remember exactly when I read it, seems a month or so ago, about when people said all the crystal balls were trending our way. I don't know it to be fact, that's for sure, just message talk.

Oh ok. If that is the case then I'll rescind my statement. Otherwise, you can't pass on a dynamic playmaker like him for a kid with offers to Pinto State University and Ricepig Tech just because we are low on bodies at that position...

onebadrubi

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 05, 2017, 10:06:05 am
Erik Ezukanma (Or whatever it is) isn't going to get an offer.  We are not looking for WR's in this class.  As repeated often, this is a very small class, and WR just isn't a need this year.

I'm pretty sure he already has an offer.

onebadrubi

Quote from: King Kong on August 05, 2017, 08:58:47 am
We had 15 until they moved Dylan Hays to defense and that's not including Ty Clary who will be on scholarship sometimes in the near future

yes but the post I quoted and made the 15 comment was talking about that number getting back down to numbers like we had a couple years ago. 

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Pinto on August 06, 2017, 01:38:33 pm
Oh ok. If that is the case then I'll rescind my statement. Otherwise, you can't pass on a dynamic playmaker like him for a kid with offers to Pinto State University and Ricepig Tech just because we are low on bodies at that position...
You can when you have 7-8 more just like him. 

Also, every recruit we have has power 5 offers.  Most have multiple SEC offers.  Who should we kick out to take a commit at a position where we have plenty of talented bodies already?
All Gas, No Brakes!

jry04

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 06, 2017, 01:35:37 pm
Well I'm not the one that did it. I drew the conclusion that any logical person would draw from his mistake, so you can't blame me too much for that. Still doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy when I look at how much he entertains other fanbases.
Sorry, got you confused with the other poster.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 06, 2017, 01:54:56 pm
You can when you have 7-8 more just like him. 

Also, every recruit we have has power 5 offers.  Most have multiple SEC offers.  Who should we kick out to take a commit at a position where we have plenty of talented bodies already?

You have many other options besides kicking someone off

presidenthog

Quote from: Pinto on August 06, 2017, 01:38:33 pm

This is my feelings as well. I'd rather have an elite player where we are already stacked than take a body who won't ever play here. It's been proven by Ellis and greenlaw never leaving the field even though we had other scholarship players at LB. Just because you are here, doesn't mean you will play even if the starter is in a wheel chair and on an oxygen machine. If the coaches think you aren't D 1 material after you get here. You won't even play against nichols state.